18th September 2023 from
- Jewellery, Watches & Silver
(Lots 1 to 758)
19th September 2023 from
- Ceramics, Oriental, Collectables, Clocks, Toys, Militaria, Paintings, Furniture, Coins, etc.
(Lots 1000 to 1495)
14th September 2023 -
15th September 2023 -
16th September 2023 -
1. The highest bidder shall be the purchaser, should any dispute arise between the bidders or any mistake be made, the auctioneer may either declare the purchaser or re-offer the lot. In any event the auctioneer’s decision is final.
2.The advance in the bidding shall be regulated by the auctioneer, the minimum bid accepted shall be £10.
3. The auctioneer, who shall be the sole arbiter in the matter of any disputes or mistake, reserves the right to refuse any bid, or bid on behalf of the vendor, in the case of any lot or lots, upon which there is a reserve, or to withdraw, consolidate or divide any lot or lots with regard to the position of the same in the catalogue.
4. Each and every lot shall, upon the fall of the hammer, be at the sole risk of the purchaser and no lot or lots may be removed during the sale in any case, no lot or lots shall be removed until an invoice has been checked.
5. All descriptive statements contained in the advertisements or catalogue, or made by the auctioneer or any member of their staff, before or at the time of the sale are taken, as expressions of the vendor’s or the auctioneer’s opinion and not as warranties and no warranty of any kind is implied or given. It is assumed that the purchaser has inspected the lots they buy and in any event no compensation shall be paid for the same (see condition 9 below).
6. Piers Motley Auctions Ltd. (Auctioneers & Valuers) act as agent only and neither they nor the vendor is responsible for any faults or defects of any lot, of any correctness of any statements contained in the catalogue, advertisements or brochures of any forthcoming sales.
7. Unless otherwise stated, all lots must be paid for and collected from the salerooms by 4 p.m. on the Friday following the sale (storage and handling charges will result if goods remain on the premises after this deadline). Failure to comply with this condition may result in the lot or lots being re-sold by public auction, or private treaty, and any deficiency (if any) together with all charges attending the same shall be made good by the defaulter. Any profit resulting from such a re-sale (if any) belonging to the vendor.
8. In order to avoid confusion, no lot or lots may be transferred in any circumstances and the bidder, whether buying for themselves or a third party shall be entirely responsible for the payment of the lot or lots purchased.
9. Electrical Items are for sale to trade only. Items are not tested and are bought on the basis that they are for spares or repairs unless otherwise stated.
10. Purchasers unable to attend may leave commission bids (minimum £10 or on reserve)
11. All bidders must register for the sale and are advised to do this before the sale day.
12. Buyers Premium: Antique Sale 18% + VAT (min. £1) per lot (there are additional charges for online bidding).
13. Online buyers who have had to have a ban placed against them for late payment, shall be charged a minimum of £25.
14. Payment by bank transfer, cash or debit card in person is acceptable at our discretion, we reserve the right to refuse cheques. Minimum £15 for card transactions (No American Express or credit cards).
15. Artist's Resale Right ("Droit de Suite") If a lot is affected by this right it will be identified with the symbol "*" next to the lot number. The buyer agrees to pay Piers Motley Auctions an amount equal to the resale royalty and we will pay such amount to the artist's collecting agent. Resale royalty applies where the Hammer Price is 1,000 Euro or more and the amount cannot be more than 12,500 Euro per lot. The amount is calculated as follows: Royalty for the portion of the Hammer Price (in Euro) 4.00% up to 50,000 3.00% between 50,000.1 and 200,000 1.00% between 200,000.1 and 350,000 0.50% between 350,000.01 and 500,000 0.25% in excess of 500,000 Invoices will, as usual, be issued in Pounds Sterling. For the purposes of calculating the resale royalty the Pounds Sterling/Euro rate of exchange will be the European Central Bank reference rate on the day of the sale.
16. Online Bidding: Piers Motley Auctions Ltd offer online bidding services via Easy Live, the-saleroom.com and our own website for bidders who cannot attend the sale. In completing the bidder registration on www.the-saleroom.com and providing your credit card details and unless alternative arrangements are agreed with Piers Motley Auctions Ltd you: 1. authorise Piers Motley Auctions Ltd, if they so wish, to charge the credit card given in part or full payment, including all fees, for items successfully purchased in the auction via the-saleroom.com, and 2.confirm that you are authorised to provide these credit card details to Piers Motley Auctions Ltd through www.the-saleroom.com and agree that Piers Motley Auctions Ltd are entitled to ship the goods to the card holder name and card holder address provided in fulfilment of the sale. Please note that any lots purchased via the-saleroom.com live auction service will be subject to an additional 3% commission charge + VAT (per week) at the rate imposed on the hammer price.
17. Failure to collect lots by the Friday of the week following the sale will be charged at £10+ VAT per lot per day.
In house shipping and packing are available on most small items at various rates.
Some examples of UK Mainland shipping:
-Small items under 500g costing £50-750 will cost around £15 Special Delivery
-Small items under 500g costing £750-2500 will cost around £18 Special Delivery
-2nd Class Parcels costing under £50 under 2kg will cost £12-16
-Special Delivery 0.5kg to 2kg will cost around £16-25
-Special Delivery 2kg - 20kg will cost around £25-40 (max size 61x46x46cm)
Most larger parcels upto 30kg will be sent with Parcel Force will cost £18-£40 plus insurance (some very large parcels could be even more)
We strongly advise to get a quote before bidding. Everything will be sent Tracked & Signed. Prices start from £20 but heavier parcels can become very costly especially if being sent outside of Europe.
We shall require a waiver if your item is not insured, under insured or very delicate to say we are not responsible for your item while in transit.
Certain items, such as picture frames with glass, very heavy items and very delicate ceramics and glass will be outsourced and we are happy to direct you to specialist shippers.
We cannot ship larger items such as furniture or especially delicate items in large quantities like dinner services. We can suggest specialist packing and shipping/courier companies with items like this but this is to be arranged by the buyer.
We can send some weapons with age verification at an extra cost.
We reserve the right to decline a shipping request but payment for goods would still be expected.