PAYMENT BY BANK TRANSFER ONLY. Payment and an appointment must be made in advance of collection to enable a "click and collect" contact free transfer of goods.
Lockdown restrictions mean NO PAYMENTS CAN BE MADE BY CASH, CHEQUE, DEBIT CARD OR CREDIT CARD (by telephone or in person). Please note the saleroom and premises are currently closed to the public.
Collection by appointment only:
Thursday, Friday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday following sale 9.00-4.00
Please collect as soon as possible as we have no storage available on site. Items not collected by Friday week following sale will be sent to store at cost.
We are unable to supply packaging for purchasers collecting lots. Small items may be posted at cost.
CONDITIONS OF SALE FOR BUYERS
1. All bids made shall be treated as offers made upon these conditions of sale and all persons present are admitted to attend a sale on the basis that they have notice of these conditions.
2. The highest accepted bidder shall be the Purchaser. If any dispute arises between the bidders the lot to be put up again at the bidding immediately preceding the dispute, or the Auctioneer, who is to be sole arbiter in any matter of dispute may declare the Purchaser.
3. The advance in the bidding to be regulated by the Auctioneer, who reserves to himself the right to refuse any bidding, and in case of lots on which there are reserves, the right to bid on behalf to the Vendor. Every Purchaser to give his name and address.
4. Each and every lot shall, at the fall of the hammer, be delivered, but no lots or lot can be removed until the whole amount of the Purchaser’s account has been paid. As the whole is on view no warranty is given or to be implied by the descriptions in this catalogue, and no allowances whatsoever shall be made for misdescriptions (if any) or error of whatsoever nature. Furthermore no goods will be returned or refunds given.
5. All lots must be paid for and cleared away from the premises with all faults imperfections and errors before 1 pm on the day following the sale or at such time as announced. Any damage caused by removal or otherwise must he made good by the person committing the same, principals being considered responsible for acts of their servants. Any lots not collected by the given date will be removed to Wilkins of Henley store and a paid invoice/receipt from the auctioneers will be required for presentation to Wilkins prior to collection, Wilkins of Henley will charge for storage at their current advertised rates, this charge must be paid at the time of collection.
6. The Auctioneer reserves the right of withdrawing any lot or lots or portion of a lot, or of placing two or more lots together, should that course be deemed advisable also of making an allowance for the whole or any portion of a lot not delivered from any cause whatsoever at the same rate at which such lot was purchased and inasmuch as the Auctioneer acts only as Agent for the Vendor, he shall not be considered responsible for any default on the part of either Purchaser or Vendor.
7. Delivery of any Firearm or shotgun will be withheld until a Purchaser produces a valid Firearms or Shotgun Certificate.
8. Any lots un-cleared by the appointed time, agreeable with these Conditions of Sale, will be forfeited and may be resold or removed and warehoused at the expense of the Purchaser, any deficiency arising from resale, together with housing charges and all attendant expenses shall be made good by the Purchaser.
9. The Vendor(s) by themselves through their Agents or through the Auctioneers reserve the right to bid up to the reserve price in cases where there are reserves. The Auctioneers shall be under no obligation to disclose reserve prices.
10. The Auctioneers act as Agents only. Each lot as set out in the catalogue or as divided or joined with any lot or lots at the sale at the sole discretion of the Auctioneers, is sold with all faults, imperfections and errors of description, and neither the Vendor nor the Auctioneers are responsible for the authenticity, attribution, genuiness, authorship, date, age, period, condition or quality of any lot. All statements in the catalogue as to any of such matters are statements of opinion, and are not to be taken as or implying statements or representation of fact. Purchasers are deemed to have satisfied themselves by inspection or otherwise as to all such matters and as to the physical description of any lot. Neither the Vendor nor the Auctioneers make or give any representation or warranty, and in any event neither the Vendor nor the Auctioneers are responsible for any representation or warranty or for statement in the catalogues.
11. Buyer’s Premium. A buyer’s premium of 18% of the hammer price is payable by purchasers of all lots together with VAT on such premium. A 3% charge is levied on all easyliveauction.com purchases. A 5% charge is levied on all the-saleroom.com purchases and both internet platforms charges are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate.
12. Droite de suite: This levy applies to all works of art and is levied at varying rates according to the hammer price. Items, which in the opinion of the auctioneers may be liable to the DdS levy, will be marked by a “†”. The absence of such a mark does not imply that the levy is not payable. Buyers are reminded that a variable surcharge of 4% is made on all works of art falling within the remit of the DdS act. For full details see the www.dacs.org.uk web site.
13. Neither the Auctioneers nor the Vendors accept any responsibility whatsoever for any damage to goods or personal injury caused for any reason whilst the Public are upon the premises and the Public enter entirely at their own risk.
TERMS OF PAYMENT: Debit Card, MasterCard or VISA (A charge of 3% inclusive of VAT is made for International Debit Cards), Cheques are not accepted. Intending purchasers not well known to the Auctioneers should contact the Auctioneers at least seven working days prior to the sale in order that references may be taken up. Unpaid accounts will attract interest from the day after the Sale at 3% above current Bank Lending Rates. Goods will not be removed until full payment is completed.
LASTLY: On failure of complying with the above conditions of non-performance of all or part of them, the defaulter shall forfeit any deposit paid and the Auctioneer or Clerk of Sale shall be at liberty to take such steps as may be deemed necessary to bring the transaction to a close, and if a re-sale be affected, either by public auction or private contract, all loss and expense shall devolve upon the defaulter at this sale.
THE AUCTIONEERS DO NOT ACCEPT CASH OR CHEQUES
VAT is not payable unless otherwise stated or marked in the catalogue with a double asterisk.
COMMISSIONS: The Auctioneers will be pleased to execute commissions free of charge for those unable to be present at the Sale, Bidding slips for this purpose are available. Bids may be left by telephone if confirmed in writing.
STORAGE CHARGES FOR UNCLEARED ITEMS: Lots which are not cleared by midday on the Thursday following the sale will be removed and held in store at the purchaser’s expense. Wilkins of Henley will charge for storage at their current advertised rates, any such charge must be paid before items may be cleared.
In these conditions references to "the Auctioneer” shall be taken to mean the firm of Jones and Jacob Ltd.
CONDITIONS OF SALE FOR VENDORS
1. INSTRUCTIONS: All goods submitted to Jones & Jacob Ltd for sale will be accepted by them subject to these Sale Conditions. By signing or receiving the reverse of the vendors standard sale entry confirmation form the Vendors will be deemed to acknowledge and agree to these conditions.
2. TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Commission is charged on a lot by lot basis at the rate of 18% (there is a minimum charge of £10.00 plus VAT per lot sold or unsold) to cover illustration and online charges. This includes inspection, advice, cataloguing and all national and local advertising. Prior to the printing of the catalogue fees for withdrawing lots are 5% of the reserve or Auctioneer’s estimated value and any other cost incurred and if the catalogue has already been printed and the lot advertised or published on the Internet the full rate of commission applies. Vendor funds are held in an interest bearing Jones and Jacob Ltd Clients account at Barclays Bank Hart Street Henley on Thames. Interest is retained to offset costs.
3. RESERVES: All goods are offered WITHOUT RESERVE unless written instructions are received by the Auctioneers prior to the sale. In the event of an article not being sold at Auction the Auctioneers will, if possible, re-sell by private treaty at a minimum price of the agreed reserve. No reserves of less than £100 are accepted. Instructions given by telephone are at the sender’s risk and all instructions should be confirmed in writing. The right is reserved to charge a buying-in fee of 5% on reserve prices left by Vendors, but no additional charge is made for articles not sold where the reserve was at the discretion of the Auctioneers. Unless Vendors give other instructions, unsold lots will be re-offered in a subsequent sale WITHOUT RESERVE or returned at the discretion of the Auctioneers.
4. INSURANCE: All goods are covered under the Auctioneer’s policy whilst on their premises. A charge of 1% + VAT of the hammer price is made to Vendors for this. The value for insurance purposes shall be at the assessment of the Auctioneers and shall not exceed the lower figure of the published sale estimate. Motor vehicles, polished surfaces, glass and picture frames are excluded.
5. STORAGE AND TRANSPORT: We or our carriers will collect in any area as economically as possible. Alternatively, goods can be brought to our premises at any time by appointment. Transport costs are the responsibility of the Vendor and will be deducted from the proceeds of sale. Nominal storage charges are incurred for articles awaiting sale. Storage charges are also made on lots that are unsold or withdrawn. No liability will be accepted for loss or damage to goods delivered to the Auctioneer’s premises without sufficient instructions or identification. The Auctioneers reserve the right to donate to charity or otherwise dispose of any items sent in for sale, which are unworthy of submitting for sale by auction or which prove to be un-saleable.
6. UNSOLD ITEMS: In the event of any lot failing to sell, it may (at the Auctioneer’s discretion) be re-offered WITHOUT RESERVE in the next available sale unless contrary instructions are received within seven days of the Vendor receiving notification that it is unsold. In the absence of contrary instructions any unsold items considered by the Auctioneers to be unworthy of re-offering will be disposed of without further reference. Any items marked for collection and not collected by the given date will be disposed of without further reference, items being retained by vendors must be collected by the given date or they will be removed to Wilkins of Henley store at the vendors’ expense and a storage charge at Wilkins’ advertised rate applied.
7. BUYER’S PREMIUM: A Buyer’s Premium of 18% is charged on the hammer price and is payable to the Auctioneers on all lots together with VAT on such premium.
8. VAT: Commission, insurance and other charges (also Buyer’s Premium) are subject to VAT. If the Vendor is registered for VAT he should declare this fact and state clearly whether he is operating a special scheme for antiques. It is a condition of sale that all items should be inclusive of VAT and it is the sole responsibility of that person to account to Customs and Excise. Goods sent in for sale by private vendors are not subject to VAT on the hammer price.
9. DEFAULT: The Auctioneers disclaim responsibility for any default by the purchaser. In the event of a purchaser failing to complete their purchase, payment to the vendor will in turn not be completed and the article in question will either be re-offered for sale on behalf of the Vendor or returned.
10. DROIT DE SUITE: This levy applies to all works of art and is levied at varying rates according to the hammer price. Items, which in the opinion of the auctioneers may be liable to the DdS levy, will be marked by a †. The absence of such a mark does not imply that the levy is not payable. Vendors are reminded that a variable surcharge of 4% is made on all works of art falling within the remit of the DdS act. This will be collected by the auctioneers and forwarded to DdS. For full details see the www.dacs.org.uk website.
11. CLIENT ACCOUNT DETAILS: The vendor agrees that all vendor funds are held in an interest bearing account in the name of Jones and Jacob Ltd Clients Account at Barclays Bank, Hart Street, Henley-on-Thames. Interest is retained by Jones and Jacob Ltd.11. 12,
12. COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE: The company has a complaints procedure and copies may be had on request, if you are dissatisfied with the outcome alternative dispute resolution may be obtained through CEDR email@example.com
In these conditions references to the Auctioneers shall be taken to mean Jones and Jacob Ltd.
Vendors or their agents are requested to contact the Auctioneers if they require further information, bearing in mind that all instructions should be given in writing.
The auctioneers are always pleased to discuss with clients any points that require further clarification.
Jones & Jacob Ltd provide a limited in-house postage & packaging service on small items only, weighing less than 2kg.
Please note we do not provide an in house postage or packing service for pictures.
Minimum Postage Fees (including postage and packaging):
Jiffy bag / Small jewellery box £15.00
Small box £20.00
Medium box £30.00
Large box £40.00 (max 16" cube)
Please note we are only able to post items under 2kg in weight and under £250 insurance value.
Please telephone 01491 612810 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.
Packing only fees:
Minimum fee - Any size: £10.00
We will only post to the address registered with easyliveauction.com / saleroom.com unless approved by ourselves prior to the auction via email.
Delivery of any firearm or shotgun will be withheld until a Purchaser produces a valid firearms or shotgun Certificate.
All lots must be paid for and cleared away from the premises with all faults imperfections and errors before 1 pm on the day following the sale or at such time as announced. Any damage caused by removal or otherwise must he made good by the person committing the same, principals being considered responsible for acts of their servants.
Any lots not collected by the given date will be removed to Wilkins of Henley store and a paid invoice/receipt from the auctioneers will be required for presentation to Wilkins prior to collection, Wilkins of Henley will charge for storage at their current advertised rates, this charge must be paid at the time of collection.