Yeovil Auctions are located in the middle of Yeovil town centre and aim provide opportunities to both buyers and sellers at competitive prices! Sales are held monthly and are always well stocked with a wide variety of antiques and collectables.
The Auctioneer means Yeovil Auction House.
Hammer Price the price at which a lot is sold to the buyer.
Buyer the highest bidder for any lot acceptable to the auctioneer.
Seller the person on whose behalf goods are offered for sale by the auctioneer.
Lot goods delivered to the auctioneer by the seller for sale by auction.
1. The highest bidder acceptable to the auctioneer shall be the buyer. The auctioneer shall have absolute discretion to settle any disputes which arise and to refuse bids of to advice the bidding as seen fit.
2. When the lot is sold the buyer shall pay the auctioneer in full the hammer price (plus V.A.T if payable), together with a premium of 17.5% of the hammer price within two working days of the sale.
3. Buyers shall provide the auctioneers with names and addresses and if requested bank and other references.
4. The ownership of a lot shall not pass to the buyer and the buyer shall not be entitled to remove any lot until he has made full payment to the auctioneer of the total amount due. Payment shall be deemed to have been made only after the auctioneer has received cash of sterling bankers draft or the buyer’s cheque has been cleared.
5. All lots must be removed at the buyer’s risk and expense within 3 days of sale after which time furniture and other large items will be removed into storage.
6. Should a buyer breach either of conditions 2 and 6 the auctioneer at his absolute discretion and without prejudice to any other rights he may have, may exercise any of the following rights:
a) Rescind the sale or any lots to the buyer;
b) Re-sell all or any lots by public auction or private treaty and any deficiencies in the purchase price resulting from such sale together with full costs incurred in connection with the lots or lots shall be paid to the auctioneer by the buyer. Any surplus over the proceeds or sale shall go to the seller:
c) Remove, store and insure (on any premises) the lot or lots at the expense of the buyer;
d) Reject any bids made by or on behalf of the buyer at any future auction., or obtain part payment before accepting any future bids;
e) Apply any proceeds.
7. (a) Items sold are normally of some age and are sold with any faults, imperfections and errors of descriptions.
(b) The auctioneer does not accept responsibility for the authenticity, attribution, origin, date, authorship or estimate price of any lot and any representation or settlement by the auctioneer in any catalogue, brochure, or advertisement only. Every person interested should exercise and rely on his own judgement as to such matters and neither the auctioneer nor his employees or agents accept any responsibility for the correctness of such opinion. No warranty whatsoever is given by the auctioneer or the seller is respect of any lot and any warranties of conditions whether expressed or implied by statue common law or otherwise are hereby excluded.
8. The auctioneers will, on the buyer’s written instruction, execute bids on their behalf, but neither the auctioneer not his employees nor shall his agents be liable for any neglect in so doing or failure to do so.
9. All goods are to be inspected thoroughly upon collection or postal receipt. Items can only be returned in significantly mis-described, and if proven not to be authentic when said was genuine, bulk lots cannot be returned so please ensure viewing to your satisfaction define bidding, returned lots will only be accepted in returned in the same condition as received. We do not refund postal charged. Yeovil do not accept any returns and specifically German medals or military. These items are sold as seen and should only be bought in full knowledge and acceptance of these terms
* Free on site valuations
* House content valuations
* Valuations for probate, insurance,private treaty and auction sale
* Nationwide collection and carriage arranged
* On line bidding through EASY LIVE AUCTION (www.easyliveauction.com)
* Photographed catalogue
* Commission and telephone bidding service
* Competitive commission rates for both buyer and seller
Terms for selling goods by auction:-
15% of the hammer price. Commission rates can be negotiated for higher value lots. Our minimum commission charge is £10 per lot when sold. No charges for unsold items.
A £5 lotting fee is charged on all sold lots.
Charged at 1% of the hammer price with a minimum charge of £1 per lot, sold or unsold.
To be made within 14 working days after the sale date.
All lots are to be photographed and placed in our on line catalogue. High value and interesting lots will be photographed free of charge and used in our advertising.
Yeovil Auction Rooms operate a carriage service. Please ask for detail.
Conditions of Acceptance
1. Yeovil Auction Rooms act only as agent (save as hereinafter appears) of the person or persons (in these conditions called the Seller) sending property with Yeovil Auction Rooms for sale. The Seller warrants that he is entitled to sell.
The purchase price payable by the Buyer shall be the aggregate of the final bid and a premium of 15%
The property in a lot shall not pass to the Buyer until he has paid the purchase price in full but the lot shall be at the Buyers risk in all respects from the fall of the hammer.
2. Yeovil Auction Rooms shall have complete discretion as to whether or not to offer an item for sale .
3. The Seller shall not bid for his property or employ any person to bid for him save that he may impose a reserve in which case the Auctioneer alone shall have the right to bid on behalf of the Seller
4. The net proceeds of the sale less the premium , Yeovil Auction Rooms commission and any charges to the Sellers debit will become due and payable to the Seller after 2 weeks of the date of the sale providing Yeovil Auction Rooms have been paid in full by the Buyer.
5. Once entered for sale , lots may be withdrawn by the Seller only upon payment of a withdrawal fee of a minimum of twenty five pounds sterling plus any costs incurred.
6.Property not kept for sale must be collected at the Sellers expense within one week of notice requiring the Seller to collect. After said week Yeovil Auction Rooms are authorised such property in such a manner and on such terms that they think appropriate. Property returned at the request of the Seller shall be returned at his own risk and expense and will not be insured in transit unless Yeovil Auction Rooms have received special instructions.
7. Yeovil Auction Rooms reserve the right (at their discretion) to arrange for storage in a warehouse of any property sent to or left with them. Unsold lots not collected within 7 days of sale will be charged for storage at a minimum rate of 10 pounds sterling per lot.
8. The seller must give Yeovil Auction Rooms all relevant information as to his V.A.T. status with regard to the article sold which he warrants to be correct and upon which Yeovil Auction Rooms shall be entitled to rely. Once a lot has been designated in the sale catalogue on the basis of such information alteration so as to affect the liability to V.A.T can be made.
9. The conditions constitute together with the matters set on the receipt form the entire agreement between Yeovil Auction Rooms and the seller.