• Estimates are based upon condition and current market value.
• All estimates and catalogue prices are in £ GBP and all catalogue prices are S.G. unless otherwise stated. We will state where another catalogue is used and if a foreign currency, we will show the value in Pounds Sterling equivalent.
• bids below 80% estimate (guide price) will be respectfully declined. Bidders wishing to purchase such lots for less may have the opportunity to do so in subsequent auction(s).
• Lots cannot be viewed in person, but we are happy to provide scans, photocopies and verbal condition reports of lots as required.
• There is no charge for this service but please note that we cannot scan/photocopy hundreds of items.
• We cannot guarantee to provide scans/photocopies for requests made within 2 working days of the closing date.
There isn't one! The only additional charges we apply are:
• shipping for invoices less than £50 GBP
• overseas shipping of HEAVY/OVERSIZE lots.
If you are a new client, you may qualify for our Introductory Offer* (£55 GBP discount if you spend/win £75 GBP or more. * new clients aged 18+ only, subject to status, restricted to one per household.
• We do not accept BUY bids as this is unfair to other bidders. If you are prepared to pay a multiple of the estimate price for a particularly rare item please enter your maximum price, but beware that another bidder may also recognise special value in the same item and bid accordingly. We therefore recommend that you only enter the maximum you are prepared to pay.
• You can bid any amount you choose, subject to the minimum amounts as stipulated above.
• If you are bidding to a budget, you can specify an overall spending limit when you bid. e.g... you can bid on items which, if you were to win them all, may cost £500, but if you specify a spending limit of £300, once your spending limit has been reached you will not win any more items.
• NB - £60 is the minimum spending limit we can accept.
BID STEPS / TIE-BREAKS
A maximum of 3 bid steps can be applied to all or some of your bids in the event of a tie. Bid steps are applied as follows...
• Bids up to £39 - bid steps are in £1 increments
• Bids between £40 and £79 - bid steps are in £2 increments
• Bids between £80 and £299 - bid steps are in £5 increments
• Bids £300 and above - bid steps are in £10 increments
If bids are still tied after bid steps have been applied, the earlier bidder takes priority.
• Requests for extension time to obtain a certificate must be made in writing not less than 48 hours before the auction closing time.
• The name of the proposed expert or expert committee must be provided for our approval
• The reason for requesting an extension must be stated
• Requests for extensions are on the basis of authenticity, not condition unless specifically approved by UPA
• Extensions for single items/sets only value in excess of £100
• Requests for extensions for items already bearing a certificate will not be accepted unless specifically approved by UPA
• UPA will submit the item(s) for expertisation unless specifically agreed otherwise
• Items will not be submitted until payment has been received, unless specifically approved by UPA
• The purchaser pays for the certificate. If the item is not authenticated, UPA will pay for the certificate
• Any item described as having faults may not be returned if other faults are mentioned on the certificate of authenticity
NB - Your statutory rights and UPA 30 day total guarantee are not affected
• Lots are despatched after payment in full.
• Payment is due within 14 days of receipt of our invoice.
• We accept payment by the following methods (no surcharges apply):
- Mastercard / Visa. NB - we do not accept American Express or Diners Club.
We do not accept card payments for goods that are not shipped under our own transit insurance.
We reserve the right to delay shipping goods for card payments with a high fraud screening score. In such circumstances we reserve the right to request payment by alternative means.
- Cheques (payable to UPA) drawn on a UK Sterling account (allow 7 days to clear)
- Cheques (payable to UPA) drawn on a $ USD account from mainland banks only. (Minimum cheque value $50 USD; Please allow 28 days for cheques to clear)
- Bank transfer (net of bank charges) to account...
Bank : Santander UK plc
Account Name : N W P J Ltd T/A Omniphil Andrew S McGavin
BIC / IBAN : ABBYGB2LXXX / GB84 ABBY 0901 5004 8968 15
Sort Code /Account Number : 090150 / 04896815
- PayPal - to account email@example.com quoting your invoice number as your reference. Payment should be made in GBP British Pounds.
Please remember to quote your invoice number when making payment.
STAGGERED PAYMENT SERVICE
Payment over two, three or four monthly instalments is available to clients with invoices in excess of £60. There is no extra charge for this service but lots are only despatched upon completion of payment or subject to status (i.e. long established UPA client). Such requests should me made when placing bids.
A list of prices realised is published on our website immediately after invoices have been issued and a printed list of realisation is included with the next catalogue.
Those Unsold Lots which are available at 80% of estimate may be purchased from the Monday morning following the sale close. They will be available for a limited period on a first come first served basis. Please see the Auction Timetable above regarding the shipping of Late Sales orders.
All lots are guaranteed such that any lot may be returned for a full refund. No Quibble. 1st class mail (or standard air mail) is ok for most things but we recommend that you get a proof of posting from the post office. If you are returning goods in excess of £250 we request that you return them by Special Delivery (or Registered Airmail). Goods in excess of £250 returned by 1st class mail (or standard air mail) will be deemed to have been returned at your own risk.
Lots must be returned in the condition they were received (in their entirety in their original stockcards or packaging) within 30 days of purchase. Returned lots may not be accepted by UPA if they have been tampered with, e.g. immersed in water, hinge remainders removed, marked by an expert or expert committee, or treated by any other process, unless UPA's express permission has first been obtained in writing.
We request that you state the reason for returning any item. This does not affect our guarantee, but it does help us in processing the returned items.
We are happy to either refund you for anything returned to us, or if you prefer we can hold the amount as a credit-note which you can use towards your next auction invoice. Please specify.
Please remember that UPA is an auction, not an Approvals Service. The auctioneer reserves the right to refuse bids from clients regularly treating UPA as an Approvals Service. The auctioneer’s decision is final. Placing a bid is acceptance of these terms. This does not affect your NO QUIBBLE full refund guarantee.