TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE
Please remember that by clicking to bid on the internet (Online Auction)
that these actions are a legal commitment to buy and when the hammer
goes down you have purchased the goods at that price in the condition
they stand in.
If you are unable to establish the condition or value of the goods to
your satisfaction then please DO NOT BID.
Any goods purchased do not carry any warranty or guarantee,
goods are sold as seen and the Sale of goods Act does not apply
to this sale.
The buyer is responsible for the items at the fall of the hammer
and should insure from this time.
1. The representative of Welsh Auctions conducting the sale
is called the “Auctioneer”.These conditions alone govern
the sale of each lot by the vendor to the buyer and all other
conditions, warranties or terms whether express or implied
by statute or common law are excluded.
2. This is a B2B trade only auction and The Sale of Goods Act
1979 does not apply to any auction conducted by Welsh Auctions.
3. Each lot is put up for sale subject to any reserve price
placed by the vendor. It is the vendor’s right to bid
personally up to the reserve price, or to appoint one
person (who may be the auctioneer) to do so on their behalf.
4. For all purposes of sale the Auctioneer shall be deemed
to be the agents of both the vendor and the buyer and
may in the case of lots upon which there is a reserve price,
exercise the right to bid on behalf of the vendor.
5. As agent the Auctioneer cannot be responsible for any
default by either the vendor or buyer.
6. The Auctioneer reserves the right to re-sell any lot after
the fall of the hammer in the case of any dispute or discrepancy.
7. The auctioneer’s decision in cases of dispute
will be final. Any person on the premises of the sale shall
be deemed to be there at their own risk.
8. No under-16s are allowed on the premises of the sale.
9. All patrons proposing to bid MUST register by completing the
correct forms online, Failure to do so will mean the
auctioneer cannot accept a bid.
10. Welsh Auctions reserves the right to refuse registration
to any person without giving a reason.
11. All payments must be settled in full in sterling (GBP), by
way of BAC’s (Bank Transfer) or by credit/debit cards in person only.
A surcharge of 4.00% per invoice will be made on credit card
transactions and a £1.00 surcharge for debit card payments.
These charges are imposed by our banks and not us.
The Buyer must pay the whole of the purchase price,
Buyers Premium or any additional Premiums, or the remainder
of the purchase price, on or before receipt of the
goods purchased. If the Buyer fails to make payment by 12noon
on the Wednesday following the auction, or such other time
as is specified in the Important Sale Information, then you may
be barred from future auctions and incur storage charges.
12. Each buyer, by making their final bid for a lot acknowledges
that they have satisfied themselves before bidding as to the
physical condition of the lot and whether the lot is damaged
or has been repaired, as:
NO REFUNDS CAN BE GIVEN WHATSOEVER.
13.The buyer becomes responsible for each lot from the fall of
the hammer. Each lot is sold with all faults, imperfections and
errors of description. Neither Welsh Auctions nor the vendor
are responsible for the authenticity, attribution, genuineness,
origin, authorship, date, age, period, condition or quality
of any lot.
14. All statements in the sale catalogue or elsewhere including any
verbal statements made by the staff of Welsh Auctions are
statements of opinion only, and are not to be taken as being
or implying representations of fact.
15. Payment is direct to our bank via BAC’s, cash, credit card or
debit card in person. Credit card payments carry an additional
surcharge equal to 4% of the whole bill. There is an a charge of
£1.00 made for debit card payments. We only accept card
payments in person at our premises and DO NOT take card
payments over the telephone.
16. All lots must be cleared by 3.30pm on the Thursday following
the sale, unless otherwise agreed with the Auctioneer.
17. Due care must be taken when removing lots and any
parties causing damage to the property will be held
responsible for any repair costs incurred.
18. Buyers will be charged a storage fee of £5 per lot per
day for goods left on the premises if they have been
requested to remove them and if the goods are not
removed within seven days of such request.
19. Welsh Auctions reserves the right to sell the goods without
reserve to defray costs and storage charges.
20. Welsh Auctions do not test any of the precious metals offered
for sale. Any items of ‘Gold’ or ‘Silver’ have been described
as such based on a correct and recognised Hallmark being
present. For the avoidance of doubt, any precious metals being
offered for sale will simply be described as “White or Yellow
21. Welsh Auctions advise you to check any electrical items before
use and would recommend the item being checked by a
qualified electrician. Welsh Auctions, it’s vendors, sellers or
buyers cannot be held responsible for electrical items which
fail any test carried out by a qualified electrical or other person
qualified or not.
22. All lots, unless otherwise stated are sold without reserve. A
starting price and bid increment of £2 will apply to all lots. Any
lots that carry a reserve will be clearly identified. Lots reaching
over £30 will carry bid increments of £5.
Viewing and Condition Reports:
23. All auctions conducted by Welsh Auctions have designated
viewing times during which the lots offered for sale can be
inspected by prospective buyers. Photographs and brief
descriptions of lots can be viewed online for many of our sales,
but it must be noted that there is an ‘opportunity to view’ for all
buyers and as such the buyer is still responsible for satisfying
themselves as to the physical condition of the lot prior to
24. For potential buyers who are unable to travel to the saleroom
we offer a ‘Condition Report’ service – i.e. we can provide a
detailed written description of the lot to assist the buyer in their
decision to make bid. However, you must still satisfy yourself as
to the physical condition of the item prior to bidding. Email us for
25. Welsh Auctions have an in-house packing and shipping service.
Charges vary – please ask for a quote before bidding if you do
require this service. Please note that some items cannot be
shipped for insurance reasons.
26. All goods will be held insured against the risks of fire, burglary
and water damage, for which Welsh Auctions include in the
27. The value of the goods so covered shall be the gross amount
realised, or in the case of unsold lots the highest bid, or in the
case of lots prior to a sale that which the specialised staff of
Welsh Auctions shall in their absolute discretion, estimate to be
the auction value of goods.
28. Welsh Auctions reserve the right to store or arrange the storage of
goods delivered to them for sale on their own premises or
elsewhere at their sole discretion. They exempt themselves
from any liability for loss or damage to goods delivered to their
sale rooms without sufficient sale instructions.
29. Welsh Auctions declaims all responsibility for loss or damage
of goods or for unauthorised removal of goods unless caused
by negligence of their employees.
30. All goods are put up for sale without reserve at the discretion of
the Auctioneer, unless Welsh Auctions receives written
instructions as to reserve prior to the commencement of the
sale. Lots which carry an agreed reserve shall be charged at
5% of the agreed reserve price in the event of the lot being
unsold after the auction. Inclusion of such lots in further sales
are at the discretion of the management.
31. Any lots bearing a reserve that fail to sell and are not collected by
the vendor within 7 days of the sale will be automatically entered
into the next available auction with any reserves reduced by 50%.
Unreserved lots that fail to sell will be automatically entered into
the next available sale. If the item fails to sell for a second time,
then the seller must make arrangements to collect the item
within 7 days of the end of the sale. Failure to collect the unsold
item will attract a storage fee of £5.00 per lot per day. ANY lots
not collected after attracting a £35 storage fee will be sold
unreserved to cover any cost or will be disposed of without further
32. Welsh Auctions will include the cost of post, packing & insurance
to any item entered into our online shop and this will be reflected
in the actual selling price online. Therefor, the sale price shown
online will include these charges. These charges are not payable
by the seller and settlement to the seller will be nett of these charges.
33. The vendor will duly indemnify Welsh Auctions in connection
with any goods sold on the vendor’s behalf.
34. (Auction) Settlement is a maximum of 7 days after completion
of sale, less auction charges, provided the buyer has paid us in full.
If an e-mail address and bank details are not provided,
we can send sale notifications by post and make payment by
Cheque. Due to the postal and bank charges involved this
service incurs an additional cost of £4.50 per sale.
35. (Shop) As we have to allow 14 days for potential returns,
settlement for items sold in our online shop, will be made on
the 21st day following the sale of your item if the item has not
been returned. We will of course inform you as soon as your
item has been sold in any case.
36. All catalogued lots withdrawn prior to auction will incur a fee
equal to 10% of the lower estimate or 10% of the reserve price,
whichever is highest, plus a £10 fixed fee per lot.
37. Buyer’s Premium 23% of sale price (20% + 3% Internet charge)
Minimum buyers invoice charge = £2.50 or 23% whichever is greater.
Sellers / Vendors Commission 15% of sale price
10% of reserve price if reserved item not sold.
Minimum sellers invoice charge = £2.50 or 15% whichever is greater
Credit Card Surcharge 4% of total bill including Amex payments.