NOTICE: Sorry, no more registrations are being accepted for this sale.
1972 CITROEN DS21 EFI PALLAS
REGISTRATION NO: PHJ 733K
Model: DS21 EFI Pallas
First Registered: 1972
Registration No: PHJ 733K
Chassis No: 01FB5593
Colour: Nacre Grey/Black
1972 Citroen DS21 EFI Pallas described by the vendor as an incredibly rare and beautiful 1972 Jubilee model. Very well presented with a 5 speed full manual gearbox, column change in lovely condition and in a very desirable colour scheme of metallic Nacre grey with a black roof and black leather interior. The DVLA say that there are only 4 cars of this spec left in the country. The vendor purchased this car a few months ago and has been fettling it ever since. All fluids have been changed, new ignition system including coil and points. New battery, plugs and HT leads. New filters, new spheres. Overhauled injection system and a new fuel pump, plus loads of other similar jobs, see list below.
Bodywork, Chrome and interior are recently renovated and are superb. Gearbox and hydraulics are also excellent. The engine is strong and ‘touquey’ and cruises along the motorway in 5th gear at 70mph. This vehicle drives like a modern car, except in ride quality, where it is staggeringly better than a modern car.
This car was imported from Toulouse in France in 2018 by the previous owner, and he claims it had only one previous owner. The clock shows 44,000 km, but this is possibly second time around. Unfortunately there is little history with this car, although the original service book, and French log books come with the car.
It starts on the button and drives extremely well and turns heads everywhere it goes. With the convertible’s now fetching prices in excess of £100,000, the saloons obviously are a fantastic investment with huge investment potential.
The recent work includes,
• ADJUSTMENT TO ALL DOORS AND LOCKS SO THEY ALL NOW LOCK.
• FITTED NEW BATTERY
• CHANGED ALL 4 SPARK PLUGS
• FITTED 2 SPARK PLUG ISOLATOR TUBES AS THEY WERE MISSING
• REPLACED COIL FOR BRAND NEW.
• CHANGED LHM Hydraulic LIQUID (5 L)
• CLEANED LHM FILTER
• FIXED FRONT WIPER BLADE AND ADJUSTED WIPER ARM
• COLD START INJECTOR NOT CONNECTED SO RECONNECTED IT PROPERLY
• FUEL PRESSURE ON THE CAR WAS CHECKED AND FOUND TO BE AT 3.5BARS WHERE IT SHOULD BE AT 2.0BARS -adjusted to 2.0bars
• CHANGED FUEL PUMP FOR BRAND NEW
• CHANGED ENGINE OIL 20W50, OIL FILTER, FUEL FILTER, CHECKED GEARBOX OIL
• CHANGED REAR SUSPENSION SPHERES
• CHANGED GEARCHANGE LEVER RUBBER AND ADJUSTED GEARCHANGE LEVER
• CHANGED FLEXIBLE Exhaust PIPE STAINLESS STEEL
• CHANGED REAR SUSPENSION GAITER
• FITTED ATMOSPHERIC SENSOR (Factory setting)
• FIX INTERIOR LIGHTS, NEW WIRING REQUIRED:
• INJECTION SYSTEM CLEANED AND SERVICED AND INJECTORS REPLACED WHERE NECESSARY.
• FUEL TANK FLUSHED AND CLEANED
Note: This description is provided by the vendor and unless otherwise stated is 'Not Verified' by Barons or any person employed by Barons. Prospective purchasers are advised to satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of any statements made, whether they be statements of fact or opinion.