1. Aidan Foley (hereinafter called the Auctioneer) shall have the right to refuse admission to its premises for attendance at its auction by any person.
2. The highest bidder acceptable to the Auctioneer shall be the Buyer, but if, during or immediately after the sale of the lot, the Auctioneer considers that a dispute has arisen or that there is any other reason for so doing, he may at his discretion immediately put up the lot for sale again.
3. The Auctioneer has the right at his absolute discretion to refuse any bid and to advance the bidding as he may decide.
4 (a) The Seller shall be entitled to place a reserve on any lot, and the Auctioneer shall have the right to bid on behalf of the Seller for any lot on which a reserve has been placed. (b) The Auctioneer has the right at his absolute discretion to withdraw or divide any lot or to combine any two or more lots.
5. The Buyer may be required to pay forthwith the whole or any part of the purchase price, and if he/she fails to do so the lot or lots may be at the Auctioneer’s absolute discretion be put up again and resold. (a) Neither the Seller nor the Auctioneer are responsible for the correctness of any statement as to the authorship, origin, date, age, attribution, genuineness or provenance of any lot, or any other errors of description. (b) Neither the Seller nor the Auctioneer are responsible for any faults or defects in any lot.
7. (a) No lot can be taken away until the purchase price has been paid in full. (b) All lots are to be paid and taken away at the Buyer’s expense immediately after the sale.
8. If a Buyer fails to either to pay for or take away any lot in accordance with Condition 7, the Auctioneer shall be entitled at their absolute discretion and without prejudice to any other right or remedies to exercise one or more of the following rights: (a) To issue proceedings against the Buyer to recover the full amount due, together with the costs of such proceedings.
(b) Without notice to the Buyer to resell the lot or cause it to be resold by public or private sale. Any deficiency in the purchase price attending such resale (after giving credit for any payment and after deducting full costs incurred in connection with the lot) to be made good by the defaulting Buyer, and any surplus to the Seller.
(c) To store the lot or cause it to be stored whether at their own premises or elsewhere at the sole expense of the Buyer, and to release the lot only after payment in full of the purchase price, the accrued cost of removal, storage and insurance (if any) and all other costs incurred in connection with the lot. (d)A storage charge of €5 per lot per day will apply to lots not collected (e) To reject at any future Auction any bids made by the Buyer or on his behalf Condition 8 also applies to Post Auction Sales
9. The property in a lot shall not pass to the Buyer until he/she has paid the purchase price in full, but the lot shall be at the Buyer’s risk in all respects from the fall of the hammer. The Auctioneer shall be entitled to a lien on any lot sold until the purchase price is paid in full by the Buyer.
10. We will be pleased to execute bids on behalf of intending buyers. Lots will be purchased as cheaply as permitted by other bids and reserves. Bids must be submitted before the sale commences, and should be entered on the forms provided. Neither the Auctioneer nor his employees shall be liable for any neglect or default in executing such bids.
11. Purchasers of electrical or mechanical items are advised to have the items checked by a qualified electrician or mechanic before using them. The Auctioneer shall not be liable for injury caused by or arising from the use of such goods.
12. Purchasers Fees 20% inclusive
13. Payment by Cash / Personal Debit Card / Bank Transfer (BUSINESS - Credit/Business/Mastercards incur 3% charge )
Additional notes to Bidders.
Due to fluctuations in internet connection, the auction rooms will not be held responsible for any disruptions with Internet connection. The auctioneers decision is final.
Shipping to be arranged by the Customer prior to auction. For more information, please contact us.
Postage & Packaging. It is the responsibility of the buyers to arrange packaging, collection or postage of any lots purchased during our collection times. The auctioneers accept no responsibility for any packaging carried out by any member of their staff or on their premises by a third party. Appropriate insurance is recommended to be taken out by the purchaser, the auctioneer accepts no liability for any damages caused during the postal/delivery process.
Contact the office before Bidding on a Lot if you wish to have it posted or shipped - this must be done in advance of the auction