COVID 19 MEASURES FOR VIEWING & SALE DAYS
We would like to clarify our position regarding our forthcoming sales to comply with Covid restrictions.
The sale will go ahead as scheduled with purchasers being able to bid online via www.easyliveauction.com or www.the-salerom.com and directly with Bigwood Fine Art Auctioneers via telephone & commission bids www.bigwoodauctioneers.com Please ensure that you have followed the commission bid or telephone bidding process in good time & no later than 10am morning of the sale. The room will not be open to the public during the sale.
We are able to offer condition reports via email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All condition reports produced will be uploaded onto www.easyliveauction.com at regular intervals.
Viewing arrangements are by appointment only between 11.00am & 6.00pm on the day prior to sale. Please call the office to book in advance. Please note that our toilets will not be open to the public.
After the sale has concluded, customers will have 7 days to make payment & arrange collection of the items. Please call the office to settle your account by making a bank transfer (all details are on your invoice). If this is not possible payment for limited sums may be made by debit card over the telephone. Collection of goods via pay, book & collect or a delivery option may be available. Please ring for an appointment slot.
Advice & guidance provided by the Government will be monitored and implemented in the interests of both staff and customers. Should this result in any change to the above then we will update our website accordingly.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR BIDDERS
1. Introduction. The following notes are intended to assist bidders and buyers, particularly those that are inexperienced or new to our salerooms. All of our auctions are governed by our Conditions of Business incorporating the Terms of Consignment (primarily applicable to sellers), the Terms of Sale (primarily applicable to bidders and buyers) and any notices that are displayed in our salerooms or announced by the auctioneer at the auction. Our Conditions of Business are available for inspection at our salerooms and the Terms of Sale are printed in the back of our auction catalogues and on our website www.bigwoodauctioneers.com
Our staff will be happy to help you if there is anything in our Conditions of Business that you do not fully understand.
Please make sure that you read our Terms of Sale set out in this catalogue or on our website carefully before bidding in the auction. If your bid is successful, you will be obliged to comply with our Terms of Sale.
2. Agency. As auctioneers we usually act on behalf of the seller whose identity, for reasons of confidentiality, is not normally disclosed. If you buy at auction your contract for the goods is with the seller, not with us as auctioneer.
3. Estimates. Estimates are designed to help you gauge what sort of sum might be involved for the purchase of a particular lot. Estimates may change and should not be thought of as the sale price. The lower estimate may represent the reserve price (the minimum price for which a lot may be sold) and will not be below the reserve price. Estimates do not include the buyer’s premium or VAT (where chargeable). Estimates are prepared some time before the auction and may be altered by a saleroom notice or announcement by the auctioneer before the auction of the lot. They are not definitive.
4. Buyer’s Premium. The Terms of Sale oblige you to pay a buyer’s premium at 19% plus VAT on the hammer price of each lot purchased.
5. VAT. Items in our catalogue may be marked in the following ways:
a. (*) indicates that VAT is payable by the buyer on the hammer price as well as being an element in the buyer’s premium. VAT will be chargeable at the standard rate (presently 20%). This imposition of VAT is likely to be because the seller is registered for VAT and is not operating the Dealers Margin Scheme or because VAT is due at 20% on importation into the UK.
b. (***) indicates that the lot has been imported from outside the European Union. [These lots are liable to a reduced rate of VAT (5%) on the hammer price and buyer’s premium)].
c. Lots which do not have either of the above symbols have no VAT payable on the hammer price. This is because such lots are sold using the Auctioneers’ Margin Scheme. The VAT included within the premium is not recoverable as input tax.
6. Inspection of goods by the buyer. As we act on behalf of the seller, we are dependent on information provided by the seller about their goods. We may inspect lots and will act reasonably in taking a general view about them. However, we are normally unable to carry out detailed examinations of lots to check their condition in the way a buyer would do. You will have ample opportunity to inspect the goods. You must inspect and investigate lots that you might wish to bid for. Please note carefully the exclusion of liability for the condition of lots set out in the Terms of Sale at clause 12.4.
7. Electrical goods. These are sold as “antiques” only. If you buy electrical goods for use you must ask a qualified electrician to check them for compliance with safety regulations before you use them.
8. Export of goods. If you intend to export goods you must find out:
a. whether an export licence is needed; and
b. if there is a prohibition on importing goods of that character e.g. because the goods contain prohibited materials such as ivory.
9. Bidding. Bidders will be required to register with us before the auction starts. We reserve the right to impose a deadline prior to the auction by which you must register or by which we must receive a commission bid. If you wish to bid on high value lots this deadline may be several days before the auction in order to allow us sufficient time to carry out the necessary checks. Lots will be invoiced to the name and address on the registration form. You will need to provide us with proof of your identity in a form acceptable to us and such other information as we may require to comply with MLR checks . Please enquire in advance about our arrangements for telephone or online bidding. Please note that we may refuse to register you if you do not provide us with all the information and documentation that we ask for or at our discretion.
10. Commission bidding. You may leave commission bids with us indicating the maximum amount to be bid against a lot (excluding the buyers’ premium and/or any applicable VAT). We will execute commission bids as cheaply as possible having regard to the reserve (if any) and competing bids. If two buyers submit identical commission bids we may prefer the first bid received (where this can be reasonably ascertained). Please enquire in advance about our arrangements for the leaving of commission bids by telephone, email or via our website for which there is no additional charge or via the online bidding platform subject to their charges.
Online Bidding. BFA Auctioneers Ltd. trading as Bigwood Fine Art Auctioneers offer an online bidding service via www.easyliveauction.com for bidders who cannot attend the sale. In completing the bidder registration on www.easyliveauction.com and providing your credit card details and unless alternative arrangements are agreed with Bigwood Fine Art Auctioneers:
1. authorise BFA Auctioneers Ltd, if they so wish, to charge the credit card given in part or full payment, including all fees, for items successfully purchased in the auction via www.easyliveauction.com, and
2. confirm that you are authorised to provide these credit card details to BFA Auctioneers Ltd through www.easyliveauction.com and agree that Bigwood Fine Art Auctioneers are entitled to ship the goods to the card holder name and card holder address provided in fulfilment of the sale.
Please note that any lots purchased via www.easyliveauction.com
live auction service will be subject to an additional 3% commission charge + VAT at the rate imposed on the hammer price. www.easyliveauction also offer a prepayment scheme at £3 plus VAT per auction with no additional commission.
Absentee buyers are required to pay by BACS/On-line bank transfer to our account. Absentee card payments ARE NOT USUALLY ACCEPTED.
Payment is accepted at the saleroom when the buyer is present either by cash (up to £9000) or debit card up to a limit during Covid restrictions.
11. Methods of Payment. We suggest if not attending promptly to pay by bank transfer please quote name and buying number (see your invoice for details). and book to collect, Debit card payments are accepted In person but during Covid restrictions smaller accounts may be settled by debit card payments over the phone and the card must be shown at the time of collection. Cheques will need to be cleared (which takes 10 days) before you can take the goods away. Please discuss with our office in advance of the sale if you plan to use other methods of payment (except cash, for which there is an upper limit of 15,000 euros equivalent). Overseas payment will incur an additional £12 bank charge which you should add to the sum paid. We do not accept credit card payments.
12. Collection and storage. Please note what the Terms of Sale say about collection and storage. It is important that you pay for and collect goods promptly. Any delay may involve you having to pay storage charges.
13. Viewing. Sales are on view one day beforehand. Times are given on our website. Estimates are printed in the catalogues with each description, and the Sale Room Staff are always happy to offer advice.
14. Potential Buyers. You are advised to check with the Sale Room before travelling any distance, in case of last minute cancellations, alterations or additional lots.
15. Starting Times and Bidding. Please check the sale starting time and any withdrawals, as these will affect the time your lots come up.
Auction speeds generally vary between approx. 100 to 150 lots to the hour, but please check with the office.
16. Data Protection. We will hold and process any personal data in relation to you in accordance with our current policy, a copy of which is available on request. In registering to bid and purchasing goods for sale I authorise BFA Auctioneers Ltd & their appointed contractors, to use my contact details in connection with my business with this company until further notice. We do not share your details with any other parties and you can request we remove them in writing at any time.
17. Artist's Resale Rights are charged in addition to the hammer price on eligible lots. See our website or catalogue for further details
18. Purchasers should read the full auctioneers terms and conditions available on our website www.bigwoodauctioneers.com/info/terms
We are happy to pack & post items where we can,
GOODS ARE SENT BY ROYAL MAIL SPECIAL DELIVERY,
PARCEL FORCE & other carriers
WE DO NOT PACK DELICATE BREAKABLE ITEMS OR PICTURES
& we are offering local delivery, please phone or email for a quote.
Tel: 01789 269415 email@example.com
Alternatively, you can contact Mailbox
Web enquiry: http://www.mbe.co.uk/auction