CONDITIONS OF SALE - Please read before bidding
1. The highest bidder shall be the buyer. Bidding shall be regulated by the Auctioneer. The Auctioneers reserve the right of rejecting any bid, bidding for, withdrawing, consolidating, dividing or altering the order of lots.
2. Commission is chargeable on purchases at a rate of 15% plus VAT under the Auctioneers’ Margin Scheme (subject to a minimum £1/lot +VAT). There is no VAT on the lots themselves and VAT cannot be reclaimed either on the lots or on the commission.
3. Each lot, at the fall of the hammer, shall be at the sole risk and expense of the buyer and shall be paid for and removed within 7 days of the sale. However, no lot shall become the property of the buyer, or be removable until paid for. No items shall be removed on Sale Day.
4. The auction house does not offer an in-house postage and packing service. Lots may be collected in person by appointment (except on Sale Day), or alternatively buyers may use a courier service. The auctioneer will not accept any courier who is not prepared to pack the item/s they collect.
5. Terms: Payment by direct transfer or by card over the telephone. (NB. no credit or business debit cards will be accepted). Any payment by cash or cheque will need to be discussed and agreed prior with the auctioneers.
6. Non-UK bidders are required to contact the auctioneers prior to the sale and provide card details, in order to bid. Non-UK bidders will be unable to bid on sale day if this has not been carried out.
7. A buyer will not be allowed to retract his bidding. The Auctioneers will not recognise the transfer of any lot from one buyer to another nor make any alteration in the sale book in respect thereof.
8. The Auctioneers are acting only as Agents, and have no personal knowledge as to the correctness or otherwise of the description of the property offered for sale. Each lot is sold with all defects and errors of description, if any. The purchaser is deemed to have inspected the lot he buys.
9. The Auctioneers shall be the sole arbitrators in all matters of dispute relating to these conditions, and their decision shall be final and binding.
10. This auction is not required to comply with the requirements of the Members Accounts Regulations 1993 of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors. No monies paid to the auction are covered by any scheme for the protection of clients’ money operated by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
Collection, Postage & Shipping
The auctioneers do not offer an in-house postage and packing service. Lots may be collected in person by appointment, however there shall be no collection on Sale Day for online bidders.
It is appreciated that online purchasers will not always find it possible or convenient to collect in person.
If you wish to use your own courier, please do so, however we do not accept any courier who is not prepared to pack your item/s. Alternatively, the following specialist provider offers a direct bespoke service and is already familiar with auctioneers in the region:
Pack & Send Lincoln t. 01522 300220 e. firstname.lastname@example.org
Pack & Send do not deal in furniture and larger items, thus a purchaser must make their own arrangements by appointment with the auctioneers for the collection of furniture.
Please Note: All lots are to be collected within 7 days of the Sale date. A charge will be incurred for items remaining thereafter.