1. As auctioneers we act as agents for the sellers and as such are not responsible for any default or error in description. Seller’s details are always kept private and confidential.
2. The auctioneer may refuse to accept any bid that, in the auctioneer's opinion, is not in the best interests of the seller. A bid cannot be made or accepted after the fall of the hammer.
3. Reserves are accepted or declined at our discretion; if a reserved item does not sell then the vendor may still incur charges.
In the event that a clients lots are unsold, these unsolds must be removed from the saleroom within 14 days. Elliotts UK Auctioneers reserve the right to dispose of any goods after this time
4. Purchasers are required to give their name and full address prior to bidding.
5. Removing items at the 11th hour will incur the same charges as if the item had sold, ie: full commission, lotting fees, photography fees etc
6. All goods are sold with all faults, imperfections and errors of description. Illustrations in catalogues are for general identification purposes only.
Buyers should satisfy themselves prior to auction as to the condition of each lot. Any statement by the auctioneers regarding said lot is a statement of opinion only and every person should rely on their own judgement.
Refunds will not be given unless a written condition report is requested by the buyer prior to sale.
All goods must be paid for and collected within seven days from the date of Auction, unless advanced arrangements have been made. A static charge of £2.00 plus VAT per day will be added to each lot after this period
All successful internet bidders will be invoiced by Elliotts UK Auctioneers following the auction. Initial payments from online bidders are to be made by bank transfer unless previous agreement has been made prior to the auction.
7. We strictly adhere to the Auctions Bidding Agreement Act 1972 and as such no lots shall be altered or transferred after the sale.
8. In the event of a disputed bid, the auctioneer is the sole arbitrator and the auctioneer's decision is final
9. Damaged to premises caused by removal of any lots must be made good at the expense of the purchaser immediately after the sale.
10. Electrical items will be safety tested prior to sale; any items that fail testing must be collected by the vendor or disposed of at their cost. Antique electrical items will be catalogued as such and are usually exempt being deemed collectors items.
11. The seller gives Elliotts Uk Auctioneers and Valuers full and absolute right to photograph and illustrate any lot placed in its hands for sale and to use such photographs and illustrations and any photographs and illustrations provided by the seller at any time at its absolute discretion (whether or not in connection with the auction).
12. The Auctioneer reserves the right to refuse payment by cheque.
13. All persons attending the saleroom do so at their own risk
Elliotts UK Auctioneers & Valuers offer an online bidding service via easyliveauction.com for bidders who cannot attend the sale.
In completing the bidder registration on easyliveauction.com and providing your credit card details and unless alternative arrangements are agreed with Elliotts UK Auctioneers & Valuers you:
authorise Elliotts UK Auctioneers & Valuers, if they so wish, to charge the credit card given in part or full payment, including all fees, for items successfully purchased in the auction via the-saleroom.com, and
confirm that you are authorised to provide these credit card details to Elliotts UK Auctioneers & Valuers through easyliveauction.com and agree that Elliotts UK Auctioneers & Valuers are entitled to ship the goods to the card holder name and card holder address provided in fulfilment of the sale.