A. Items For Sale.
1. Items are invited for all our weekly general sales, items include pottery, furniture, jewellery, clocks & watches, brass & copper, glassware and general collectables and items of interest.
2. Some items are not suitable for sale by auction, either because they are not saleable or we are restricted from selling them due to laws and regulations. Please contact the auctioneers for more details
1.Selling Commission -15% of the hammer price
2. No Sale Charge------There is no charge as long as we agree with reserves
3.Buyers Premium ----There will be £1.75 added to every hammer price
4. Withdrawn Lots------Should vendors withdraw catalogued lots from the auction after they have been entered into the catalogue A.S.H. Auctions may at their absolute discretion charge up to 15% of the estimated auction price.
C. Postal Service
1. If Buyers Require Their Items To Be Posted , We Offer a Postage and Packing Service At Cost. We Use Royal Mail For This Service ,If you Require any Special Methods Please Contact Mr Lee Sherratt Using Our Contact Page
D. Transport of Larger Items
1. Normally we do not transport items from our sale rooms. However if you require assistance with the delivery of lots purchased this can be arranged with independent contractors. Please ask the auctioneers for further details.
E. Condition Reports
1. Due to a vast increase in absentee bidding we are having to do more condition reports, We have over 500 lots passing through each of our weekly sales making it very difficult and time consuming to examine ever single item. Items that we have been asked to give condition reports on are only given a visual inspection, that means in the case of say ceramics, we visually check for any obvious damage or repair. We DO NOT use any other inspection devises apart from when asked for hallmarks where we use a magnifying glass if needed. Buyers must be aware that a sale by auction is still basically a trade sale and to be sure they should really attend the sale and inspect the items themselves.
Terms and Conditions of Sale
NO WARRANTIES. Every item and lot in the "Auction" (as that term is defined in the attached Bidder Registration Card) is sold: (a) AS IS, WHERE IS, WITH ALL FAULTS BASIS AND WITHOUT RECOURSE", and (b) with no warranties, guarantees or representation of any kind or variety, whether expressed, written, implied or otherwise.
PAYMENT. Terms of Payment: Full payment by card, cash, or bank transfer is due immediately upon completion of the auction. For bank transfer details please ask at the office. We now accept card payments at the sale room using our card payment machine. Only transactions of £20.00 and over accepted with this method. There will also be a small administration sur charge of 2% of the overall invoice. ie Invoice total £50.00 plus 2% = £51.00. The system accepts debit cards and most major credit cards. PLEASE NOTE CHEQUES OF ANY DESCRIPTION OF NO LONGER ACCEPTED NO WARRANTIES. Every item and lot in the "Auction" (as that term is defined in the attached Bidder Registration Card) is sold: (a) AS IS, WHERE IS, WITH ALL FAULTS BASIS AND WITHOUT RECOURSE", and (b) with no warranties, guarantees or representation of any kind or variety, whether expressed, written, implied or otherwise. ADDITION TO OR WITHDRAWAL FROM SALE. The Auctioneer reserves the right: (a) to withdraw from sale any item or items; (b) to sell at Auction any item or items not listed; (c) to group one or more items or lots into one or more selling lots; (d) to subdivide any lots into two or more selling lots; and (e) to sell all of items listed in bulk.