2 Day Antiques and Collectables Sale
Porcelain, Pottery, Glass and Collectables
Silver, Jewellery, Clocks, Paintings and Furniture
25th June 2014 from
- Porcelain, Pottery, Glass and Collectables
(Lots 1 to 539)
26th June 2014 from
- Silver, Jewellery, Clocks, Paintings and Furniture
(Lots 701 to 1227)
Fees apply to the hammer price:
21.6% inc VAT*
Flat Fee Registration
*These fees include buyers premiums and internet surcharges.
18% inc VAT*
Please see the auctioneers terms & conditions for more information
Conditions of Sale for Buyers
1. The highest accepted bidder shall be the purchaser. Any bidder acting for any person who is not bidding shall
be jointly and severally liable with that person for satisfaction of all obligations and liabilities hereunder.
2. Should any dispute arise between 2 or more bidders, or between the auctioneers and any bidder, the Lot or Lots
in dispute shall be put up again or not at the discretion of the Auctioneers and their decision shall be final.
3. The purchaser shall give his name and place of abode at the fall of the hammer. Purchasers paying by cheque
must be prepared, if required, to produce a letter of credit from their bankers.
4. The ownership of the Lot purchased shall not pass to the buyer until he has made payment in full to Crow’s
Auction Gallery Ltd of the ‘total amount due’.
5. The Auctioneers reserve the right to sell in such order and manner as they shall decide and to withdraw any Lot
at any time.
6. No Lot or Lots shall be removed from the Auctioneer’s premises until paid for and a receipt obtained. Each
Lot shall immediately at the fall of the hammer be considered as delivered and remain in every respect at the
absolute risk of the Purchaser thereof and shall be removed at the Purchaser’s expense not later than 3.00pm
on the day following the Sale. Neither shall any undertaking of the Auctioneers or their servants to take charge
of any Lots after the Sale or to forward them to their destination be held to impose upon the Auctioneers any
legal or equitable liability or obligation. The buyer shall be responsible for any removal and storage of any Lot
not taken away within 24 hours after the day of the Auction.
7. No Lot may be removed during the time of the Sale. No person to be entitled to anything not described in his
Lots. No allowance whatsoever will be made for errors in description, authenticity or quantity. Purchasers must
satisfy themselves as to the condition of a Lot.
8. Mechanical and electrical Lots - No warranty or guarantee is given that these are in working order.
9. Every person whilst on the premises before, during and after the Sale shall be deemed to be there at his or her
own risk and with notice of the conditions of the premises or the method of arranging the furniture and no
person shall have or make any claim against the seller or the Auctioneer in respect of any accident which may
10. If any purchaser shall neglect or fail to comply with the above conditions the Lot or Lots shall be resold or
otherwise disposed of in any way whether or not notice be given to the defaulting purchaser at the discretion
of the Auctioneers and the deficiency if any incurred shall be made good by the defaulting purchaser at this
present Sale and be recoverable from him as liquidated damages.
11. The Auctioneers to be the sole arbitrators in every matter of dispute and their decision shall be final.
12. VAT - If the Vendor is registered for VAT the Lots entered will be sold as VAT inclusive. A Vendor is not deemed
to be registered for VAT unless he advised us of his VAT Registration Number. THERE IS A BUYERS PREMIUM
OF 20% PLUS VAT which shall be payable in addition to the bid price.
13. Although information has been obtained from sources deemed reliable, the auctioneers make no warranty or
guarantee express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information herein contained. It is for this reason that
buyers should avail themselves of the opportunity to make inspection prior to the Sale and check any information
14. Lots not cleared from the auction rooms after 7 working days will be subject to a storage charge of £3 per lot
per day +VAT.
CROW’S AUCTION GALLERY LTD ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR ERRORS IN CATALOGUE DESCRIPTIONS
All lots should be cleared and settled 48 hours after each sale. Crows can ship, deliver or mail most lots to the buyer when settled. If we cannot handle in-house we can recommend shipping companies etc.
Delivery of goods
Crows is open Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 4.00pm for valuations, receiving of goods for auction etc. Entries close seven days before each auction date.