Fine Art & Antiques (Online Sale Only - No Room Bidding with Pre-Booked viewing only)
THIS IS AN ONLINE SALE ONLY - THERE WILL BE NO ROOM BIDDING.
VIEWING WILL BE ON FRIDAY 4 DECEMBER ONLY AND WILL BE LIMITED TO 1 HOUR SLOTS MAXIMUM. TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT PLEASE CALL 01420 511788. THIS IS SUBJECT TO CURRENT GOVERNMENT RESTRICTIONS.
PAYMENT AND COLLECTION OF LOTS WON MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 7 DAYS OF THE AUCTION. COLLECTION IS BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT ONLY.
OUR SALEROOM WILL BE CLOSED FOR THE PERIOD 17 DECEMBER UNTIL 4 JANUARY 2021.
Registration for the auction must be completed 24 hours prior to the auction
Buyers premium of 23% on the hammer price plus VAT at 20% is payable on all lots. (The VAT rate may alter and will be levied at the appropriate rate.)
7th December 2020 from
- Oriental & European Works of Art
(Lots 1 to 749)
8th December 2020 from
- Jewellery, Silver & Objets D'art
(Lots 750 to 1499)
9th December 2020 from
- Clocks, Watches, Jewellery, Silver & Objets D'art
(Lots 1500 to 1932)
4th December 2020 -
Fees apply to the hammer price:
31.2% inc VAT*
Flat Fee Registration
27.60% inc VAT*
*These fees include buyers premiums and internet surcharges.
Please see the auctioneers terms & conditions for more information
Buyers – Sale Terms & Conditions 1.Buyer’s premium of 23% on the hammer price plus VAT at 20% is payable on all lots. Lots purchased via www.easyliveAuction.com will incur an additional 3% charge plus VAT at 20%, Unless selecting the £3 Flat fee option, if this option is selected you will be charged Buyer’s premium of 23% on the hammer price plus VAT at 20%
2. Payment of all bought lots must be made within 7 days following the sale. Hannam’s Auctioneers Ltd reserves the right to cancel any sale after this period, or where he deems it to be in the Sellers best interests, at the Auctioneers discretion.
3. Hannam’s Auctioneers Ltd will not release goods to any buyer in the saleroom, until cheques have been cleared. A period of five working days will be needed to clear the cheques, and a period of 2 days for bank transfers.
6. Free storage of all lots will be provided for five working days following the sale, after this time has elapsed, a storage charge of £5.00 plus VAT per lot per day will be levied, and must be paid upon collection of the items, in the event these fees are unpaid, the items will be resold in a future auction to recoup storage fees.
7. Bidding ) For customers unable to attend the auction they may leave an Absentee bid with the auctioneer, also known as a Commission or Written bid. We are happy to execute these bids on your behalf and will purchase the lot as cheaply as possible, other bids and reserves permitting. Forms are available in the saleroom during the viewing period. Once completed can be returned to the auctioneers office. Absentee and telephone bids are offered as a free service and at the buyer's risk, we cannot accept liability for any failure to place such bids. Lots will be purchased by the auctioneers on behalf of the commission bidders as cheaply as is allowed by other bids and/or reserves if any. Buy bids are not permitted by the auctioneer. The auctioneers cannot accept responsibility for any neglect or default in executing or failing to execute commission bids. (c) The auctioneers reserves the right to re-offer any lot in the case of a dispute. The bidding increments will be at the sole discretion of the auctioneer.
8. Whilst we seek to describe lots accurately, it may be impractical for us to carry out exhaustive due diligence on each lot. Prospective buyers are given ample opportunities to view and inspect before any sale and they (and any independent experts on their behalf) must satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of any description applied to a lot. Prospective buyers also bid on the understanding that, inevitably, representations or statements by us as to authorship, genuineness, origin, date, age, provenance, condition or estimated selling price involve matters of opinion. We undertake that any such opinion shall be honestly and reasonably held. .Subject to the foregoing neither we the auctioneer nor our employees or agents nor the seller accept liability for the correctness of such opinions and all conditions and warranties, whether relating to description, condition or quality of lots, express, implied or statutory, are hereby excluded. a) Chinese, Japanese & Oriental Works of Art catalogued without specific confirmation of age & authenticity, are sold as replica’s or decorative items only and not as authentic antiques, irrespective of any subsequent markings on the item in question, for example ‘A Chinese Porcelain Bowl bearing Kangxi marks to base’.
9. Liability of Auctioneers and Sellers Goods sold are not new and all goods are sold with all faults and imperfections and errors of description. Illustrations in the catalogue are for identification only. (a) Buyers should prior to the sale satisfy themselves as to the condition of each lot and whether or not in their own judgment the lot accords with the description. (b) Neither the Auctioneers the seller or their servants are responsible for cataloguing errors or for the authenticity of any lot and (c) The Auctioneers the seller or their servants and agents give no warranty whatsoever other than hereinafter contained to any buyer in respect of any lot and any express or implied conditions or warranties are hereby excluded. For UK based and International buyers, any disputes over an item are to be made known to the saleroom within 28 days of purchase, we offer a no return policy under any circumstances after this time period. (d) Any lot which proves to be a deliberate forgery may be returned to the Auctioneer within 28 days of the relevant auction provided that it is in the same condition as when bought. If the Auctioneer is satisfied from the evidence presented by you that the lot is a deliberate forgery, the Auctioneer shall refund the price paid by you for the lot including any buyer’s premium. The Auctioneer shall not have any liability for any consequential loss suffered by you (whether as buyer or seller or otherwise) as a result of the lot being a deliberate forgery.
10. Where a member of the public causes damage to a Lot (or part thereof) the Auctioneer reserves the right to sell the aforementioned without reserve and to hold that specific individual liable for the amount of any difference between the hammer price and the reserve or lower estimate whichever might be higher or a) For the cost of the restoration where appropriate or b) The full amount of the reserve price or the lower estimate whichever be the higher Note: Hannam’s Auctioneers Ltd reserves the right to alter these Terms and Conditions without notification to clients.
If we are able to ship your Lots we will include this on your Invoice. Our shipping service does not included Insurance and is for items under £500 in value and under 5kg in weight. For larger items and for shipping with Insurance we suggest you contact the following:
Part and Parcel 0044 1252 545 611 firstname.lastname@example.org