Fine Art & Antique Sale. Sale Commences at 10 am prompt
*Please Note Thursday Sale Day*
Fine Antique Auction to include: Oriental, European & English Ceramics. Georgian, Victorian & Edwardian Furniture. Quality Jewellery, silver & Object D'Art, Silver and plated wares, Pictures, Prints & books etc.
1. The highest approved bidder shall be accepted to be the purchaser. If any dispute arises the Auctioneer shall have absolute discretion to settle it and to re-offer the lot. Jefferys Auctions act as agents only they have full discretion to refuse any bidding, to divide any lot, to combine any two lots or more lots and to withdraw any lot or lots from the sale without in any case giving any reason.
2. The bidding to be regulated by the Auctioneer and no bid shall be retracted after being accepted as such by him.
3. All lots shall be at the purchaser’s risk immediately at the fall of the hammer.
4. All lots are put up for sale subject to any reserve price imposed by the vendor or to the right of the seller to bid either personally or by one person (who may be the Auctioneer).
5. All lots shall be taken with faults, defects, errors of description, if any, and not to be removed without payment or permission from the Auctioneer.
6. All electrical items are tested for electrical safety and certified by the vendor as in good working order. If faults arise within two days of the sale on items purchased and any faults are not due to the purchaser, the purchaser may return the item to the Auction Rooms and be refunded the purchase money, less commission. The Auctioneer’s decision is final.
7. The purchase money together with the buyers commission of 20% including VAT on every £ or part of a £ to be paid immediately at the close of the sale, or before the lot is removed. VAT at the standard rate is charged on the buyer’s commission. VAT on any goods will only be charged when being sold for a VAT registered Vendor.
8. Upon failure to comply with these conditions the Lot or Lots shall be resold by Public Sales as the Auctioneer thinks fit and the deficiency, if any, together with all charges attending the resale shall be made good by the defaulter of the present sale who shall have no claims to any surplus that may arise, as and for liquidated damages.
Before bidding we request you speak to the Auction House to confirm if your lot of interest can be posted. We do not have a local Post Office in our town so smaller items are manageable but others possible not.
• We generally only post small items of jewellery, coins, silver trinkets etc. to UK address. If postage is required to go abroad then a disclaimer is needed ‘at purchasers own risk.’
• Watches will need a disclaimer emailed due to the glass face not being covered by insurance.
• No ceramics, glass or breakable items can be posted. Again if the purchaser sends a disclaimer and the items are small then we can consider this.
• No knives or weapons can be posted
• Purchasers to double check the address we have on the invoice is their postage address. If it’s different you MUST email us the amended address.
• There will always be an ‘exception’ we are happy have to look at any lots individually.