1.The vendor warrants to Imperial Auction Services Ltd (the Auctioneers) that he or she is the true owner of the goods or is authorised to sell the goods on behalf of the owner. The vendor will indemnify Imperial Auction Services Ltd its servants and agents and the buyer against any loss or damage suffered by either in consequence of any breach of these conditions on the vendors part.
2.Any electrical item put up for sale will be required to conform to British Standards and any item not fitted with a sleeved plug top will have one fitted before the item is tested for SAFETY, a fee of £2.00 for the test and £1.00 for the plug will be charged to the vendor. Any item failing this test will not be put up for sale and will be disposed of at the auctioneer’s discretion. All lots must comply with the safety regulations made under the Consumer Protection Act 1987 and Furniture & Furnishings Fire/Safety Regulations 1988.
3.The vendor warrants that all electrical goods are in working order or fit for their intended use, if items are found not to conform to this warranty the auctioneer reserves the right to refund the buyer of all the costs and charge the vendor for any loss of Commissions and costs involved up to a value of £10.00 without notifying the vendor.
4.The costs of illustrations is included in the auctioneers’ commission, however Imperial Auction Services Ltd reserves the right to use photographs for publicity before and after the sale without consulting the vendor.
5.Imperial Auction Services Ltd reserves the right to withdraw from auction any items at any time at their discretion.
6.Imperial Auction Services Ltd reserves the right to sell any lots by private treaty at a price equal to or above any agreed reserve and place any Lot into which Auction it deems appropriate (subject to the usual commission).
7.The vendor shall be entitled to place a reserve on any lot at any time of contract ONLY and this must be with full agreement of the auctioneers.
8.The vendor who sends items for sale which are an asset of his business must disclose to Imperial Auction Services Ltd whether he or she is registered for VAT and if so, declare their registration number.
9. Imperial Auction Services Charge Vendors Commission of just 15% (Minimum £1) and a Lotting fee of £1 per Lot Per Auction All outstanding amounts must be settled before vendors can remove any unsold lots.
If a collection charge is agreed this will be deducted from Final Settlement.
10.Imperial Auction Services Ltd will pay the vendor in cash (During Normal Office Hours) or by Bank Transfer / Cheque (Prior Arrangement Must be made) 15 days following the Auction upon receipt of Cleared Funds
11.All unsold items must be collected by 12pm on the Thursday following the auction, any lots not removed will be subject to a storage charge of 50p per lot per day for a maximum of 14 days, after which lots will be removed at the Auctioneer’s discretion. If the vendor requires items returning a courier charge from £10.00 will apply.
12.By consigning with the Auction House Vendors are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions and Be bound by Them.
Imperial Auction Services Ltd
Buyers Terms and Conditions.
1. The highest bidder is in due time to be the purchaser, and no persons shall retract a bid. The advance on each lot shall be determined by the Auctioneers (Imperial Auction Services Ltd), who reserve the right of refusing any bid, and of altering, adding to, dividing, consolidating or withdrawing any lot or lots at the sale. Imperial Auction Services Ltd are the sole arbitrators of any dispute regarding any matter connected to the sale and their decision shall be binding on all parties.
2. Lots are sold as shown with all faults, imperfections and errors of description and lack of authenticity. Neither Imperial Auction Services Ltd nor the vendor shall give any warranty to the buyer in respect of any lot or be liable for any fault or error of description or lack of genuineness or authenticity of any lot. All statements as to items sold, whether made in catalogues, during the auction or otherwise are statements of opinion only and are not and shall not be taken to statements or representations of fact. Electrical items are tested where possible for SAFETY purposes and full working condition cannot be warranted on second user goods.
3. Imperial Auction Services Ltd will be pleased to execute bids free of charge for any registered clients unable to attend the sale. Commission bid forms are available upon request. Commissions for the same amount on any one lot will be executed in order of receipt.
4. Imperial Auction Services Ltd act solely as agents and shall not be responsible for any default by either the buyer or seller or for action or claim which may arise in respect of any lot.
5. The purchase price shall be the hammer price together with any applicable charge due and a 20% buyer’s premium, with a minimum of £2.00 payable.
6. All bidders and purchasers must register with Imperial Auction Services Ltd giving their full name and address.
7. All lots are purchased at the sole risk of the purchaser from the point the hammer falls. And all lots must be taken away with all faults, defects and errors of any description without power to dispute.
8. Payment must be made in full before any lots can be removed. All lots must be removed within 4 days of the auction ending or the buyers commission will increase to 25%. Payment can be made by cash, debit card, Bank Transfer or credit card. Sorry we do not accept Cheques.
9. Proof of payment must be shown before any lot can be removed. Imperial Auction Services Ltd can deliver your purchase, but a delivery charge will apply.
10. Imperial Auction Services offers a Comprehensive Postage and Packing Service, all items are sent via the most suitable Courier, item’s are sent with no Insurance and at Buyers Risk.
11. By Bidding with the Auction House Buyers are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions and Shall be Bound by them.
All Invoices must be paid in Full before Item's Can be Dispatched or Quoted.
A Packing Charge will be added in Proportion to the Size of The Package
For Non UK Customers we offer a Packing Service only, Please arrange your own Courier.
Postage will then be Charged at Cost using the most suitable Courier.
Buyer will assume all responsibility for any Shipped item, Buyers are welcome to arrange their own courier, for which our packing fees will apply.
Shipping invoices must be settled with 7 days after issue , failure to do so will result in the items being back up for auction and any outstanding fees will be deducted from the monies due back to the Customer
All packages will be sent uninsured at the buyers risk, quotes for insurance can be provided upon request but will not cover prohibited items and risk still remains with the buyer
If customers have any special delivery requirements or are looking to purchase large items of furniture please contact us prior to auction for quotation.
Items can ONLY be returned at the Auctioneers discretion and are done so at the cost of the buyer