VIEWING & COLLECTIONS ARE STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT ONLY !
1. DESCRIPTIONS: Any representation in any catalogue as to the origin, date, age, attribution, genuineness or estimated selling price of any lot is a statement of opinion only. Any prospective buyer should satisfy themselves prior to the sale as to the reliability of the catalogue descriptions. All lots are sold as seen.
2. OWNERSHIP: The buyer shall be the bidder at the highest price at the fall of the hammer. Any dispute shall be settled at the auctioneer’s absolute discretion. Under no circumstances will a sale be cancelled after the fall of the hammer.
3. PREMIUM: The buyer shall pay to The Auction Room London a premium on the hammer price of 21% plus VAT (25.2% inclusive with VAT)
4. COLLECTION: Purchased lots can be collected from by appointment only. Purchased lots not collected 48 hours after the sale shall incur storage charges of £5.00per lot, per day or part thereof, unless prior arrangement.
5. REPONSIBILITY: Purchased lots shall be at the buyer’s risk in all respects from the fall of the hammer, and neither The Auction Room London nor their agents shall be responsible for any loss or damage of any kind, whether caused by negligence or otherwise.
6. PAYMENT: All purchased lots must be paid for on the day of the auction. Commission bids & online purchases must be paid for on the day after the auction. Payment methods accepted are bank transfer, cheque, cash or debit card with pin.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY CREDIT CARDS.
We do not accept debit cards over the telephone (the card holder has to be present) and cheques must clear before goods are dispatched.
INTERNATIONAL BUYERS - please be aware that £15 should be added to your invoice total to cover international bank charges.
Failure to include this in your payment may delay release of your items.
7. ELECTRICAL ITEMS: All electrical items are sold as seen The Auction Room London offers no guarantee as to the working condition of such items.
8. COMMISSION BIDS: Commission bids shall be executed at the lowest possible price, subject to competing bids and reserves. The Auction Room London cannot be liable for any failure or neglect to execute a commission bid. Although The Auction Room London will endeavour to inform buyers via email, it is the buyer who is responsible for checking to see if he has been successful in purchasing something.
All purchased lots MUST be paid for by the following day of the sale and collected within 48 hours of the sale.
Storage charges become applicable 48 hours after the sale.
Lots purchased online via EasyLiveAuction will attract an additional charge of 3% of the hammer price plus VAT or £3 Flat Fee.