CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. There will be a Buyers Premium of 15% plus VAT which will be charged in addition to the hammer price on all lots sold.
2. Care is taken to ensure that any statement as to authorship, attributions, date, age, provenance and conditions is reliable and accurate but all such statements are statements of opinion and are not to be taken as statements or representations of fact. The auctioneers disclaim any liability for themselves or the Vendor for any errors of description.
3. The highest bidder shall be the buyer, subject to any reserves. If any dispute arises the Auctioneer shall have absolute discretion to settle it or to put any disputed lot up again.
4. The auctioneer has the absolute right to divide and join lots, he may refuse any bid, withdraw lots from sale and advance the bidding as he may decide.
5. All lots are sold as seen with all faults and imperfections. Neither the auctioneers nor the vendor are liable for any faults or defects . Each bidder must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the condition and description of the lot including any damage, repairs or restoration. No warranty whatever is given by the auctioneers or Vendor to any buyer in respect of any lot.
6. In bidding the buyer acknowledges that he has satisfied himself with the conditions of sale and agrees to be bound by them.
7. All lots must be paid for in full and removed at the buyers expense and risk from the saleroom by the end of the Tuesday following the sale. In default of this the auctioneers shall not be responsible if the same are lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed. All lots not removed within this period shall be at the sole risk of the buyer and subject to a storage charge. If items are not removed after the expiration of 7 days after the conclusion of the sale they may then be sold either publicly or by private treaty without any notice to the buyer.
8. The buyer will be liable for any losses or charges as a result of non compliance with any of the conditions of sale.
9. All buyers must register and obtain a bidding number before bidding. They must give details of their full name, address and contact telephone numbers.
10. Payment can be made by cash, debit card or credit card. Credit cards will be subject to a 2 % plus VAT additional charge.
11. The Auctioneers will be pleased to execute commission bids on behalf of those unable to attend the sale. The lot will be purchased for the lowest bid possible subject to reserves and other bidding. Bids given over the telephone, late bids, or bids for members of staff to execute are accepted at the buyers risk.
12. Every person whilst on the premise before, during or after the Sale shall be deemed to be there at their own risk, and no person shall make or have any claim against the Vendor or the Auctioneer in respect of any injury he may sustain, or accident which may happen
13. Every person whilst on the premises will be held responsible for any damages they cause to the premises or to any Lots at any and all times
14. Every bidder will be deemed to act as principal unless there is a written agreement with the Auctioneers in force prior to the Auction that the bidder acts as agents on behalf of a named principal
15. Where a picture falls subject to the Droit de Suite legislation the artist’s levy is to be paid by the buyer in addition to the sale price and auctioneers commission.