Live Stream Land and Property Auction
NALC Auctions Group
January 21st Real Estate Land and Property Auction
To live Streamed from our Newark office on 21st January 2021
All enquiries should be made to email@example.com or to our online auction team at firstname.lastname@example.org
The process and how to bid :
You can bid directly on the easyliveacution website, where you will be required to pay a deposit if your bid is successful or:-
1. Apply to bid
At any point leading up to the Auction you can:
• You will need to contact the property auction office to register to bid. On 01636 558200 or email@example.com
• The office will then ask to sign a online bidders registration form.
• Select the lot(s) you intend to bid on for the easy auctions website
• Enter your bidder details and if different , enter buyer details
• You may be asked to pay your deposit in readiness for the auction into our client account,
2 days prior to Auction you must complete the Registration by providing the following. You will receive an email once these steps are open:
• Review and accept the Terms and Conditions
• For buyers, if different to you the bidder, upload the required ID documents
• Bridgett will then authorise you to bid
• Verify you, the bidder's identity
For each lot you are bidding for, a bidder Using our online payment method during registration, this can be submitted easily and securely.
Residential- per lot and inclusive of buyer's fee:
Guide Price: £1 - £49,999 - Bidder Security payable = £5,000 per lot
Guide Price: £50,000 - £149,999 - Bidder Security payable = £7,000 per lot
Guide Price: £150,000 and above - Bidder Security payable = £10,000 per lot
2. Sign up to Bidding Platform
Upon successful registration you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org containing final joining instructions.
Once you have received your NALC Approval to bid you will need to register on our online bidding platform to create a new account. We will send you details of how to do this in our confirmation email.
Once this additional account has been approved you will be able to bid when bidding opens at the time of the auction. Please note that each auction sale has its own unique approval process. You will therefore need to be approved for each and every auction.
We strongly advise completing all of the above steps no later than one working day before the auction. NALC accept no responsibility for failure to administer late applications, i.e. those received within one working day of the auction.
3. Bid on auction day
Go to the page for the lot you wish to bid on. A pop up window will appear. You can now log in using your online bidding platform account details.
Please note this window will only appear on the day of the auction.
Once logged in the window shows the current bid on the bidding for that particular lot during the auction.
You may either place your maximum bid or place an instant bid.
Before the auction
At what point can I register?
You can register as soon as the catalogue has been published for each auction. Then at any point you can select the lots you intend to bid on.
6 Days prior to auction you can complete the registration and provide bidder security payment and ID verification.
I want to bid on more than one lot – is that possible?
Yes, multiple lots may be added to an application.
How can I pay the bidder security?
Payment can be made in two ways:
Using our secure online payment method during registration with Easy Auctions. Or By contacting Bridgett@nalcgroup.co.uk to pay your deposit. (minimum £5000.00)
I am bidding on multiple lots - how many Bidder Securities are payable?
We require a Bidder Security payment for each lot you wish to bid for. E.g. bidding on 2 lots requires 2 bidder securities
What if I cannot pay the bidder security in one payment?
Please register for each lot separately.
What ID do you require for non-UK residents?
We require copies of all ID documents. Normally Passport or driving licence and Utility bill. Plus copy Bank Statement.
How long does it take to receive the email with the final joining instructions?
You will receive this email within 24 hour of successful completion of your registration to bid.
Do I need to apply to bid before each auction?
During the auction
What time can I start bidding on the auction day?
The auction start time will be clearly displayed on the website. Then simply follow the live feed.
Do you conduct the auction in lot order?
Yes. Please follow the bidding on the day to view progress.
If I enter my maximum bid can I enter single bids later?
I am bidding on consecutive lots - will I have time?
Yes. Should you be bidding online. The auction will ensure you are given ample and sufficient opportunity to complete your bidding.
Will there be anyone to speak to on the day?
Yes, we are here to help. Please call:
Residential and Land Auction team on : +44 (0)1636 558200
After the auction
How will I know I am the successful bidder?
The bidding pop up window will indicate you are the winning bidder. You will also receive an email notification.
If I am successful what happens next?
If you are successful we will contact you for the balance of deposit (if any) payment. This must be sent promptly after the auction and in any event no later than one working day after the auction in accordance with the online auctioneers terms and conditions.
Please note :
"The purchaser shall pay a 10% deposit for the property which will be held by the solicitor until completion" on each lot. Plus in addition any required Buyers Premium as set by the auctioneers prior to auction and printed in the auction catalogue.
If I am unsuccessful how long will it take to get my refund?
If you have paid via online payment, the hold on your account will automatically release by your bank if unsuccessful. If you require the hold removed sooner please contact your bank .
If you have paid via bank transfer, we will refund within 3 days post auction for cleared funds payments. Five days post auction (card Payments).
If the property is not sold how can I make an offer?
Please telephone 01636 558200 with your post auction offer. Should the property you are interested in not sell.
21st January 2021 from
- Live Stream Land and Property Auction
(Lots 1 to 20)
(a) The SELLER must notify the BUYER of those employees whose contracts of employment will transfer to the BUYER on COMPLETION (the “Transferring Employees”). This notification must be given to the BUYER not less than 14 days before COMPLETION.
(b) The BUYER confirms that it will comply with its obligations under TUPE and any SPECIAL CONDITIONS in respect of the Transferring Employees.
(c) The BUYER and the SELLER acknowledge that pursuant and subject to TUPE, the contracts of employment between the Transferring Employees and the SELLER will transfer to the BUYER on COMPLETION.
(d) The BUYER is to keep the SELLER indemnified against all liability for the Transferring Employees after COMPLETION.
G21.1 This CONDITION G21 only applies where the SPECIAL CONDITIONS so provide.
G21.2 The SELLER has made available such reports as the SELLER has as to the environmental condition of the LOT and has given the BUYER the opportunity to carry out investigations (whether or not the BUYER has read those reports or carried out any investigation) and the BUYER admits that the PRICE takes into account the environmental condition of the LOT
G21.3 The BUYER agrees to indemnify the SELLER in respect of all liability for or resulting from the environmental condition of the LOT.
G22 Service Charge
G22.1 This CONDITION G22 applies where the LOT is sold subject to TENANCIES that include service charge provisions.
G22.2 No apportionment is to be made at COMPLETION in respect of service charges.
G22.3 Within two months after COMPLETION the SELLER must provide to the BUYER a detailed service charge account for the service charge year current on COMPLETION showing:
(a) service charge expenditure attributable to each TENANCY;
(b) payments on account of service charge received from each tenant;
(c) any amounts due from a tenant that have not been received;
(d) any service charge expenditure that is not attributable to any TENANCY and is for that reason irrecoverable.
G22.4 In respect of each TENANCY, if the service charge account shows:
(a) that payments that the tenant has made on account exceed attributable service charge expenditure, the SELLER must pay to the BUYER an amount equal to that excess when it provides the service charge account; or
(b) that attributable service charge expenditure exceeds payments made on account, the BUYER must use all reasonable endeavours to recover the shortfall from the tenant as soon as practicable and promptly pay the amount so recovered to the SELLER;
but in respect of payments on account that are still due from a tenant CONDITION G11 (ARREARS) applies.
G22.5 In respect of service charge expenditure that is not attributable to any TENANCY the SELLER must pay the expenditure incurred in respect of the period before ACTUAL COMPLETION DATE and the BUYER must pay the expenditure incurred in respect of the period after ACTUAL COMPLETION DATE. Any necessary monetary adjustment is to be made within five BUSINESS DAYS of the SELLER providing the service charge account to the BUYER.
G22.6 If the SELLER holds any reserve or sinking fund on account of future service charge expenditure or a depreciation fund:
(a) the SELLER must pay it (including any interest earned on it) to the BUYER on COMPLETION; and
(b) the BUYER must covenant with the SELLER to hold it in accordance with the terms of the TENANCIES and to indemnify the SELLER if it does not do so.
G23 Rent reviews
G23.1 This CONDITION G23 applies where the LOT is sold subject to a TENANCY under which a rent review due on or before the ACTUAL COMPLETION DATE has not been agreed or determined.
G23.2 The SELLER may continue negotiations or rent review proceedings up to the ACTUAL COMPLETION DATE but may not agree the level of the revised rent or commence rent review proceedings without the written consent of the BUYER, such consent not to be unreasonably withheld or delayed.
G23.3 Following COMPLETION the BUYER must complete rent review negotiations or proceedings as soon as reasonably practicable but may not agree the level of the revised rent without the written consent of the SELLER, such consent not to be unreasonably withheld or delayed.
G23.4 The SELLER must promptly:
(a) give to the BUYER full details of all rent review negotiations and proceedings, including copies of all correspondence and other papers; and
(b) use all reasonable endeavours to substitute the BUYER for the SELLER in any rent review proceedings.
G23.5 The SELLER and the BUYER are to keep each other informed of the progress of the rent review and have regard to any proposals the other makes in relation to it.
G23.6 When the rent review has been agreed or determined the BUYER must account to the
SELLER for any increased rent and interest recovered from the tenant that relates to the SELLER’s period of ownership within five BUSINESS DAYS of receipt of cleared funds.
G23.7 If a rent review is agreed or determined before COMPLETION but the increased rent and any interest recoverable from the tenant has not been received by COMPLETION the increased rent and any interest recoverable is to be treated as ARREARS.
G23.8 The SELLER and the BUYER are to bear their own costs in relation to rent review negotiations and proceedings.
G24 Tenancy renewals
G24.1 This CONDITION G24 applies where the tenant under a TENANCY has the right to remain in occupation under part II of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 (as amended) and references to notices and proceedings are to notices and proceedings under that
G24.2 Where practicable, without exposing the SELLER to liability or penalty, the SELLER
must not without the written consent of the BUYER (which the BUYER must not unreasonably withhold or delay) serve or respond to any notice or begin or continue any proceedings.
G24.3 If the SELLER receives a notice the SELLER must send a copy to the BUYER within five BUSINESS DAYS and act as the BUYER reasonably directs in relation to it.
G24.4 Following COMPLETION the BUYER must:
(a) with the co-operation of the SELLER take immediate steps to substitute itself as a party to any proceedings;
(b) use all reasonable endeavours to conclude any proceedings or negotiations for the renewal of the TENANCY and the determination of any interim rent as soon as reasonably practicable at the best rent or rents reasonably obtainable; and
(c) if any increased rent is recovered from the tenant (whether as interim rent or under the renewed TENANCY) account to the SELLER for the part of that increase that relates to the SELLER’s period of ownership of the LOT within five BUSINESS DAYS of receipt of cleared funds.
G24.5 The SELLER and the BUYER are to bear their own costs in relation to the renewal of the TENANCY and any proceedings relating to this.
G25.1 Available warranties are listed in the SPECIAL CONDITIONS.
G25.2 Where a warranty is assignable the SELLER must:
(a) on COMPLETION assign it to the BUYER and give notice of assignment to the person who gave the warranty; and
(b) apply for (and the SELLER and the BUYER must use all reasonable endeavours to obtain) any consent to assign that is required. If consent has not been obtained by COMPLETION the warranty must be assigned within five BUSINESS DAYS after the consent has been obtained.
G25.3 If a warranty is not assignable the SELLER must after COMPLETION:
(a) hold the warranty on trust for the BUYER; and
(b) at the BUYER’S cost comply with such of the lawful instructions of the BUYER in relation to the warranty as do not place the SELLER in breach of its terms or expose the SELLER to any liability or penalty.
G26 No assignment
The BUYER must not assign, mortgage or otherwise transfer or part with the whole or any part of the BUYER’S interest under this CONTRACT.
G27 Registration at the Land Registry
G27.1 This condition G27.1 applies where the LOT is leasehold and its sale either triggers first registration or is a registrable disposition. The BUYER must at its own expense and as soon as practicable:
(a) procure that it becomes registered at the Land Registry as proprietor of the LOT;
(b) procure that all rights granted and reserved by the lease under which the LOT is held are properly noted against the affected titles; and
(c) provide the SELLER with an official copy of the register relating to such lease showing itself registered as proprietor.
G27.2 This condition G27.2 applies where the LOT comprises part of a registered title. The BUYER must at its own expense and as soon as practicable:
(a) apply for registration of the TRANSFER;
(b) provide the SELLER with an official copy and title plan for the BUYER’S new title; and
(c) join in any representations the SELLER may properly make to the Land Registry relating to the application.
G28 Notices and other communications
G28.1 All communications, including notices, must be in writing. Communication to or by the SELLER or the BUYER may be given to or by their conveyancers.
G28.2 A communication may be relied on if:
(a) delivered by hand; or
(b) made electronically and personally acknowledged (automatic acknowledgement does not count); or
(c) there is proof that it was sent to the address of the person to whom it is to be given (as specified in the SALE MEMORANDUM) by a postal service that offers normally to deliver mail the next following BUSINESS DAY.
G28.3 A communication is to be treated as received:
(a) when delivered, if delivered by hand; or
(b) when personally acknowledged, if made electronically; but if delivered or made after 1700 hours on a BUSINESS DAY a communication is to be treated as received on the next BUSINESS DAY.
G28.4 A communication sent by a postal service that offers normally to deliver mail the next following BUSINESS DAY will be treated as received on the second BUSINESS DAY after it has been posted.
G29 Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999
No one is intended to have any benefit under the CONTRACT pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
G30 extra General Conditions
The following general conditions are to be treated as being amended as follows:
1. Condition A1.2 of the AUCTION CONDUCT CONDITIONS shall be amended by adding the words ‘in writing’ at the end.
2. Condition G6.3(a) shall be amended to read: “BUYER’S conveyancer to the SELLER’s conveyancer; and”
Remote Bidding Form and Terms & Conditions
Address of the Lot ________________________________________________________________________
Date of Auction ___________________________________________________202
______________________________________________________ Post code: ______________
Telephone number ______________________________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________________ Post code: ______________
Telephone number ______________________________________________________________________________________
Buyer s Conveyancer:
_______________________________________________________ Post code: _______________
Telephone number _________________________________________________________________________
Name of account holder__________________________________________________________________________________
Sort code: .. / / Account number:
I HERBY AUTHORISE NALC TO BID ON MY BEHALF IN THE AUCTION IN RESPECT OF THE LOT MENTIONED ABOVE
Please select your method of bidding;
I request that NACL contact me by telephone prior to the commencement of the auction to obtain my instructions on ____________________________?
In the event that NALC cannot contact you on the day of the auction by telephone and you would like them to bid on your behalf, please complete the proxy bid section below
Proxy ? Maximum Bid £______________________________
Online Bidding ? when your lot comes up, the screen will allow you to enter bids in your selected manner. The current and upcoming lots are displayed at the bottom of the screen. This is a live auction and you will be bidding against others in the room, written bidders and others online. Submitted bids will be seen by the Auctioneers, and you will be notified on screen if your bid is accepted.
I understand that if I am the successful bidder I hereby undertake to immediately pay the Deposit and Buyer’s premium. NALC are duly authorised to sign the Memorandum of Sale on my behalf. Thereafter I understand that in an unconditional auction I will have to complete the purchase within 28 days from the date mentioned on the Memorandum of Sale.
I confirm that I have read and understood the Legal Pack and agree to any special conditions within the Legal Pack. Certified Copies of my passport and utility bill are attached
Terms and Conditions
The Bidder appoints NALC as agent and authorises NALC to bid for the relevant Lot on behalf of the Bidder in such manner as NALC thinks fit in its absolute discretion. The Bidder may withdraw NALC’s authority to bid if the withdrawal is in writing and is received by the Auctioneer before the Auction commences and the Auctioneer confirms to the Bidder in writing that the withdrawal instruction has been received.
1. These terms and conditions apply to you and you will be bound by them if you bid by telephone, via internet or absentee/proxy.
2. Definitions used in these terms & conditions:
Approved financial institution has the same meaning as in the RICS Common Auction Conditions Edition 4.0 November 2018.
Auction means the NALC Auctions to be held at the time and place and on the date advertised in any format by NALC in which the Lot appears.
Auctioneer means the NALC auctioneer having conduct of the Auction.
Bidder means the party bidding for the Lot and who acts as the buyer and guarantees the performance of the buyer under the Conditions of Sale.
Business Days has the same meaning as in the RICS Common Auction Conditions Edition 4.0 November 2018.
Buyer means the person, firm or company identified on the Registration Form who agrees to buy the Lot.
Conditions of Sale means the auction conduct conditions together with the general conditions of sale, any special conditions of sale and any addenda that are applicable and/or relevant to the Lot.
Lot means the property for which you bid remotely at the Auction.
Maximum Bid Price means the maximum price that you wish to bid for the Lot. This must be shown exclusive of any VAT that may be applicable.
Registration form means the registration form for remote bidding contained NALC Auction Catalogue or sent to you by email.
Seller means the person selling the lot.
VAT means value added tax or any other tax of a similar nature.
3. Registration form
• If you wish to bid at the Auction by telephone, via internet or absentee/proxy you must complete the Registration form entering your full details as the Bidder and full details of the Buyer if different to the Bidder. You should sign the Registration form where indicated.
• The completed Registration form should be sent to NALC so that it is received not less than two clear Business Days prior to the date of the Auction, together with: Two forms of identification for you consisting firstly of a form of photo identification such as your passport or current driving licence and secondly proof of your address such as a recent utility bill or bank statement. To comply with the Money Laundering Regulations, if you are not the Buyer we will require you to provide further documentation.
• If you wish to alter any of the details appearing on the Registration form, you must notify the Auctioneer of this in writing before the Auction commences. Alterations will only be effective if the Auctioneer confirms to you in writing that the request to alter has been received.
4. In the event that the Auctioneer considers that there is any error or confusion about the Registration form or the deposit, the Auctioneer reserves the right not to accept your bid. Please note that the Auctioneer’s decision as to what constitutes error or confusion is final.
By completing this Registration form you warrant that there are adequate funds in the account to meet the full amount of the deposit
1. The deposit is to be paid immediately after the auction and no later than 15:30 on the day following the auction by bank transfer to NALC’s client’s account in sterling on an Approved financial institution for a sum representing the greater of:
a. The minimum deposit of £5,000 (or the total of your maximum bid price if this is less than that minimum) and
b. 10% of the Maximum Bid Price exclusive of VAT.
2. If you are the successful bidder NALC requires a separate payment of £650 inclusive of VAT as a buyer's administration charge payable to NALC Limited to be electronically transferred immediately after the auction and no later than 15:30 on the day following the auction.
A VAT receipt will be provided upon payment.
6. Absentee/Proxy Bids
• If you bid at the Auction by Absentee/proxy you should enter your Maximum Bid Price on the Registration form.
• The Maximum Bid Price must be an exact figure. Failure to clearly indicate your Maximum Bid Price will invalidate your bid.
• If you bid by absentee/proxy you appoint the Auctioneer as your agent and you authorise the Auctioneer to bid for the Lot on your behalf up to (but not in excess of) your Maximum Bid Price in whatever manner the Auctioneer in his absolute discretion thinks fit.
• As soon as reasonably practicable after the Auction you will be notified as to whether or not your absentee/proxy bid for the Lot was successful.
• The amount of your Maximum Bid Price for the Lot will not be disclosed by the Auctioneer to the Seller
7. Terms of Sale/Conduct of Auction
• you shall be deemed to have read the “Important Information for Bidders” on the Auctioneer’s website/ catalogue and the ‘Common Auction Conditions, the special conditions of sale and any addendum’ relating to the Lot. You shall be deemed to have taken all necessary professional and legal advice and to have made all your enquiries and to have knowledge of any Auctioneer’s announcements which are relevant to the Lot.
• It is possible that at any time up to the commencement of bidding at the Auction amendments and/or additions may be made to the Conditions of Sale for the Lot or any other matters relating to it. Such amendments are published by means of written addenda and by verbal addenda announced from the rostrum. You will be deemed to have knowledge of such matters (including for the avoidance of doubt any late addenda that are announced verbally from the rostrum) and if your bid is successful you will buy subject to them.
• If your bid is successful the Auctioneer or any person authorised by the Auctioneer will sign the memorandum of sale and any other relevant document relating to the Lot on your behalf and as soon as the deposit is cleared send this to you by post.
• In accordance with the Common Auction Conditions and in particular clauses A5.5 and A6.5, if you are the successful bidder, you will be required to complete the (‘NALC Customer Due Diligence Form’) and provide the information stated. You will be deemed to have read the ‘Requirements for bidders and buyers under the Money Laundering Regulations’ and will fully comply with them. Both documents are on the NALC catalogue.
NALC or any employee or agent of NALC or the Auctioneer will have no liability or responsibility whatsoever towards you or the Buyer in the event of your bid not being made as a result of:
• Unclear instructions.
• Error, lack of clarity or confusion whether during the Auction or regarding the Registration form or the deposit.
• Any change in the date, time and/or venue of the Auction.
• Any interruption or suspension of telephone or internet bidding services.
• You being unobtainable by telephone or becoming disconnected during the course of bidding by telephone or via the internet.
• Any other factor beyond NALC’s control.
Please complete the on-line registration form and submit it to NALC no later than 2 working days prior to the date of the auction. You WILL NEED TO RECEIVE WRITTEN CONFIRMATION FROM NALC THAT YOUR REGISTRATION TO BID HAS BEEN COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY
Payment in respect of the Deposit (10% of the maximum bid) and the Buyer’s Premium plus VAT must be paid to in advance of the auction. Please contact NALC auction department on 01636558200 for the Client Account details
Payment to unsuccessful bidders will be electronically refunded after the auction. Bidders must contact NALC auction the day following the auction to arrange repayment.
PLEASE SIGN BELOW TO INDICATE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS