Online Vintage Collectable Toy and Model Auction - news lots being added
Collectors Toys & Models Vintage & New, including Dinky, Corgi and Matchbox models, board games, lego, kits and trains. Something For Everyone, From Traders Stock, Collectors Models To Bargain Value Presents. Don't Miss It!
There is something for everyone at Model Toy Auctions. This week our fabulous sale includes railways, kits, figures, diecast and much, much more!
People say to us "there are always bargains to be had at Model Toy Auctions & Fairs and the lowest commission rates we have ever seen."
Auction is online only please do not turn up at the venue. Lots can be collected from Guildford, surrey by prior arrangement. Please call the office to arrange.
1. GENERAL. BUYERS PREMIUM IS 20% ON HAMMER PRICE, Every Lot is sold with all faults and errors of description and the auctioneers disclaim, for themselves and for the vendor, all responsibility for authenticity, age, origin, condition or quality. All statements on such matters whether printed in the Catalogue or made orally are statements of opinion and not representations of fact. Purchasers are deemed to have satisfied themselves on authenticity, condition, etc., before bidding and no-one in the Auctioneers' employment has authority to make any representation of fact.
2. BIDDING. The Auctioneer has absolute discretion to divide any Lot, to combine any two or more Lots, to withdraw any lots, to refuse bids and to regulate the bidding. He may bid on the vendor's behalf for all goods which are being offered subject to reserve or at the Auctioneers' discretion.
3. FALL OF HAMMER. The highest bidder shall be the buyer. If any dispute arises the Auctioneer has absolute discretion to settle the dispute or to re-offer the Lot. At the fall of the hammer every Lot shall be at the risk of the buyer and the purchaser shall give to the Auctioneer his name and address and such proportion of the purchase price as the Auctioneer may require, in default of which the Auctioneer may re-offer and re-sell the Lot or Lots in question.
4. CLEARANCE OF PURCHASES. For items which are not being posted, purchases may be claimed or removed after the Sale has been concluded, by seeking the assistance of a member of staff. All lots shall be paid for and removed at the buyer's risk and expense at the end of the Sale, failing which the Auctioneers shall not be responsible if the same are lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed, and all Lots not so removed shall remain at the risk of the buyer. If they are not removed within 14 days of the Sale the Auctioneers may re-sell them by auction or privately without notice to the buyer. Any liability which there may be on the part of the Auctioneers in respect of any loss shall be restricted to a maximum of the price paid by the purchaser of the Lot.
5. AGENCY AND GENERAL. The Auctioneers act as agents only and they disclaim responsibility for default by either buyer or seller. They accept no responsibility in connection with the commissioning of members of their staff to bid for Lots on behalf of intending purchasers. Instructions given by telephone are accepted at the sender's risk and must be confirmed in writing forthwith. The Auctioneers do not guarantee the title of any Lot or lots sold by them and will not be responsible for any defect in such title.
6. DEFAULTS. If any buyer fails to comply with any of the above conditions the damages recoverable from the defaulter shall include all loss arising from any re-sale of the Lot together with the charges and expenses in respect of both sales and any money deposited in part payment shall be held by the Auctioneers against the defaulter's liability.
7. THIRD PARTY LIABILITY. Every person on the Auctioneers premises or premises hired by the Auctioneers for such an Auction at any time shall be deemed to be there at his own risk and with notice of the condition of the premises and of the method of arranging furniture, etc. He shall have no claim against the Auctioneers in respect of any injury he may sustain or any accident which may occur.
8. Viewers handling goods on display will be held fully responsible for any damage or breakage.
9. HEALTH AND SAFETY
All mains electrical items entered in Auction are untested. It is recommended that all such items should be tested by an approved electrician before use. No responsibility can be accepted whatsoever by Model Toy Auctions as to their condition.
CONDITION AND CLASSIFICATION OF MODELS AND BOXES
It is stressed that buyers must satisfy themselves as to the condition of any item or Lot by careful examination.
In order to assist, Model Toy Auctions have devised the following Condition Classifications which only represent an opinion. No warranty is implied or intended by the provision of this information.
MINT - Item in perfect, unused condition
EXCELLENT - Careful use with only minor imperfections, will include light paint chipping
GOOD - Obvious imperfections, with more use, including significant paint chipping
FAIR - Major imperfections with heavy signs of wear, probably incomplete and damaged
POOR - Many faults or in a destressed condition, incomplete and damaged.
PLUS (+) after a classification is better than the classification suggests
VARIOUS CONDITIONS (a combination of any two, or more, of the above)
PLAYWORN, SUITABLE FOR RENOVATION etc. are also terms which may be used where appropriate.
BUYING AT MODEL TOY AUCTIONS - BUYERS PREMIUM IS 20% ON HAMMER PRICE
You can bid live online via easyliveauction.com for bidders who cannot attend the sale.
Please note that when bidders register for the auction via easyliveauction.com you can choose ZERO COMMISSION for the internet bidding by selecting the ‘Flat Fee of £3.00’ option otherwise all bids will be subject to an additional 3% + VAT commission charge.
1. Obtain a bidding number from the Registration Desk by filling in a Registration Form with your name and address.
2. Bidding for Lots is by clearly raising your bidding number or Catalogue so that the Auctioneer can see your bid. If you buy the Lot you will need to show the Auctioneer your bidding number. You do not need to give your name.
3. To pay for your purchases give your bidding number to the Cashier, who will verify your purchase with you.
Bid Increment Bid Range
£5 Up to £50
£10 £50 to £100
£20 £100 to £500
£50 £500 upwards
ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF PAYMENT FOR GOODS BOUGHT AT AUCTION
CASH, B.A.C.S., DEBIT CARDS, PAYPAL)
WE DO NOT ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS OR BUSINESS DEBIT CARDS
BUYERS PREMIUM IS 20% ON HAMMER PRICE
WE EXPECT TO SELL APPROXIMATELY 80 LOTS PER HOUR.
BOXES are described in the same Condition Classification. For example after describing a Lot the Classification MINT/BOX GOOD will indicate the item is in perfect condition but the box has obvious imperfections.
For guidance purposes only we have included an estimated price against each Lot. This is only our opinion of what each Lot may realise.
SELLING AT MODEL TOY AUCTIONS
VENDORS RATE 15% HAMMER (NEGOTIABLE FOR HIGH VALUE CONSIGNMENTS)
Selling at model toy auctions?
If you have items for sale please contact us for advice from one of our friendly team who can provide appraisals and very competitive commission rates. We are happy to consign anything from individual lots to large collections, bankrupt shop stock and house clearance.
We can offer cash for your items on the spot or put them into our next auction.
The selling process is easy:
If you have something to sell, simply call us on 07742 609865 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange a mutually convenient time to value your items.
For collections in the UK we can visit you at your home and if you are ready, we can take the items the same day. This service is usually free subject to the value of the collection and the distance from our premises.
3. Cataloguing & Photography
We pride ourselves on producing high quality photographs of every lot in our auction in order to achieve the best possible price. Once your items are photographed, they will be inspected and consigned ready for entry into the next available auction. We will advise you of our estimate and if you are happy, the items will be entered in the next available auction!
4. Auction Day
We have access to thousands of registered buyers from all around the world. This ensures that your items will be given maximum exposure. The auction is broadcast live online through EasyLive auctioneers so there is truly a global audience for each sale.
5. Payment and Fees
Once your item has been paid for, we advise that payment is typically made to you within 4 to 8 weeks after the sale. Often much sooner. Some of our bidders are from overseas, we usually give them a period of 14 days from the date of receipt to advise us if there are any issues with their purchases. We set a standard vendors rate of just 10%. For collections of substantial value we can negotiate an even better rate. We can pay by cheque, paypal or BACS or if you are buying as well as selling we can offset one against the other.
We provide our own in house packing and shipping service and are therefore able to offer cheaper and faster alternatives than some auction houses.
The rates below are for guidance only. Large, fragile or bulky consignments will cost more, so please get in touch for a precise quote.
• Box up to 2 Kg = £15
• Box 2 kg up to 5 Kg = £20-25
• Box 5 kg up to 10 Kg = £25-30
• Box 10 kg up to 20 Kg = £30-45
• Over 20 kg up to 30kg (per box). Maximum circumference 5 meters per packed box. (prices for shipping will depend on the weight of your boxes) and will typically vary between £50 and £70
EUROPE: (TRACKED AND SIGNED ONLY)
• Up to 500g = £20
• 500 to 1 kg = £25
• 1.0 to 1.5 kg = £30
• 1.5 to 2 kg = £35
USA / AUSTRALIA / CHINA / RUSSIA / REST OF WORLD (TRACKED AND SIGNED)
• Up to 500g = £25
• 500 to 1 kg = £30
• 1.0 to 1.5 kg = £45
• 1.5 to 2 kg = £50
If you wish to proceed with our service please arrange to settle your invoice first. Once settled we can add you to our packing list, when packed you will receive a quotation with your packing and shipping costs. Once your packing and shipping costs are settled we can arrange to ship your items. PLEASE ALLOW 10 – 14 DAYS FROM DAY OF REQUESTING PACKING & SHIPPING TO RECEIVING YOUR SHIPPING QUOTE.