1. The buyer shall pay the hammer price together with a premium of 15% on the sum total of all accounts on the day of the auction!
2. All statements whether printed in catalogue, advertisement, or made orally, are statements of opinion only and are not to be taken as being, or implying any warranties, or representations of fact by the auctioneers.
3. Ample opportunity is given for inspection and each purchaser by making a bid for a lot acknowledges that he has satisfied himself fully with all the Sale Conditions and the physical condition of any description of the lot, including that the lot may be damaged or repaired. The abbreviation of ‘a/f’ in the catalogue denotes the lot is damaged to some extent, but this does not imply that lots not marked are faultless.
4. The Auctioneers do not accept responsibility for the authenticity, attribution, genuineness, origin, authorship, date, age, period, condition or quality of any lot unless they have been instructed in writing by the buyer to so certify.
5. The Auctioneer has absolute discretion to divide any lot, to combine any two or more lots or to withdraw any lot or lots from the sale, to refuse bids, regulate bidding or cancel the sale without in any case giving any reason or without previous notice. He may bid on behalf of the vendor for all goods, which are being offered subject to reserve or at the Auctioneer’s discretion.
6. The highest bidder shall be the purchaser and if any dispute arises as to the last and best bid, the lot or lots shall be put up again at the last best undisputed bid. All disputes to be settled by the Auctioneer.
7. No bid shall be retracted after is has been accepted by the Auctioneer.
8. All lots are put up for sale subject to any reserve price imposed by the seller or to the right of the seller to bid either personally or by any one person who may be the Auctioneer.
9. It is intended to follow the catalogue as numbered but should the necessity arise for any reason whatsoever, the Auctioneer reserves the right to vary the order, group items together or split lots.
10. The Auctioneer disclaims responsibility for default by either the buyer or the vendor because they act as Auctioneers only and therefore do not pay out to the vendor until payment is received from the buyer. Instructions given by telephone are accepted at the sender’s risk and must be confirmed in writing forthwith.
11. Third Party Liability. Every person on the Auctioneer’s premises at any time shall be deemed to be there at his own risk. He shall have no claim against the Auctioneers in respect of any accident, which may occur, or injury, damage or loss howsoever caused.
12. To avoid errors, limited removal of items during the latter part of the sale may occur when convenient to the staff, and on production of a receipted Account. All lots shall be paid for and removed at the buyer’s risk and expense by the end of the second working day after the sale, failing which the Auctioneer shall not be responsible if the same are lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed and all lots not so removed are liable to a storage charge of £1 per lot per day. If at the expiration of seven days after the conclusion of the Sale, lots are not paid for or collected, they may then be sold immediately, either publicly or by private treaty, without any notice being given to the buyer.
13. The property in a lot shall not pass to the buyer until he has paid the purchase price in full, but each lot is at the sole risk of the purchaser from the fall of the hammer. Each purchaser shall forthwith give his full names and permanent address and if called upon to do so by the Auctioneer shall forthwith pay such proportion of the purchase price as the Auctioneer may require. If the purchaser fails to do so, the lot may at the Auctioneer’s sole discretion by put up again and resold.
14. Any damage caused either to items on view or being offered for sale in the Salerooms is to be made good by the persons committing the same, principals being considered responsible for the acts of their servants or any persons employed by them. The Auctioneers to be the sole Arbiter on Value.
15. Unfortunately, payment by cheque is not accepted. We do accept cash, Debit card payment and Credit card payment