Yorkshire Auctions Inaugural General Auction - Furniture, Curiosity, Art, Antiques, Tools
3rd October 2021 from
(Lots 1 to 302)
26th September 2021 -
27th September 2021 -
28th September 2021 -
29th September 2021 -
30th September 2021 -
1st October 2021 -
• Yorkshire Auctions are referred to as ‘Yorkshire Auctions’, ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ throughout these conditions. A representative of Yorkshire Auctions is referred to as the Auctioneer. These definitions apply to these conditions and to the buyer’s and seller’s conditions.
• Sale – a purchase by the buyer of a lot from the seller
• Day of sale - the date upon which an auction takes place for a lot. • Buyer – the highest bidder on a lot as determined by the auctioneer.
• Buyer’s premium – percentage of the hammer price added to the hammer price payable to Yorkshire Auctions.
• Conditions – these Terms of Business including the Buyer’s information form.
• Condition Report – a report conducted by us as to the condition of a lot upon request from a prospective buyer following the guidance found in the buyer’s information form.
• Prospective buyer – any person registering an interest in making a purchase of a lot.
• Lot/s – an item offered for sale by a seller at an auction conducted at our premises by an auctioneer.
• Hammer price – the final price bid by a prospective buyer prior to the auctioneer concluding an auction.
• Viewing day or days – a day determined at our discretion for prospective buyers to view lots. Time allocated for viewing will be determined according to the size and nature of the lots.
• ‘Total amount due’ means the hammer price in respect of the lot sold together with any premium, VAT chargeable and any additional charges payable by a defaulting buyer under these conditions.
We act as agents for the seller, whose details remain confidential. If a person buys at auction the contract is with the seller, not us.
Vendors Terms & Conditions of Sale
1. Commission is charged at the rate of 15% on the hammer price of each lot plus £1.00 per lot entry fee.
2. Items presented or collected for sale will be entered in the first available sale, but may be held over, at the Auctioneers discretion, until space or a suitable sale is available.
3. All descriptions, reserves and estimates are at the Auctioneers discretion.
4. Payments to vendors will be released 5 days following the sale. This enables all the payments for goods sold to be paid in and any working order items to be checked prior to payment. Postal and electronic payments can be made on request.
6. Items not in compliance with current Legislation or deemed unsalable or counterfeit will not be accepted.
7. The auctioneers act as agent for the vendor and reserve the right to bid on their behalf.
8. Each vendor will supply their name, address, telephone number and sign the Auctioneers entry form.
9. Mains gas appliances are not sold by the Auctioneers.
10. Storage charges of £1 per day per item will be applied when unsold goods are not collected by 12pm two days following the sale.
11. All unsold items not collected within 14 days after the sale will be disposed of at a charge of £10 and/or will become the property of Yorkshire Auctions.
Buyers Terms & Conditions of Purchase
1. The Buyer is to be the highest bidder who will pay the hammer price plus a buyers premium of 15% per lot - there is a minimum charge of £1 per lot.
2. All items are SOLD AS SEEN, descriptions and pictures are simply a guide.
i)The risk in the lot shall pass to the buyer upon the completion of the sale by the auctioneer. Yorkshire Auctions are not responsible for the correct description, genuineness or authenticity of any lot as per these conditions.
ii)The buyer is deemed to have inspected each lot and satisfied themselves as to its condition
3. Each buyer shall register with the Yorkshire Auctions giving their Name, Address and Telephone number and one form of ID.
4. All purchases must be paid for, in full, immediately after the sale and no lots may be removed until such payments have cleared.
5. Payments are accepted in Cash or Card. Alternatively, payments can be made by bank transfer. The ownership of any lots purchased shall not pass to you until you have made payment in full to Yorkshire Auctions for the total amount due
6. The Auctioneers act as agents for the Vendor and reserve the right to bid on their behalf on lots offered subject to reserve.
7. Commission bids are accepted by the Auctioneers who undertake to purchase the lots on the bidder’s behalf at the best advantage. Lots purchased by absent buyers will be consigned at the Auctioneers earliest convenience at packing and postage charges to be agreed. Invoice for lots to be posted will be sent in two separate invoices. Firstly, the item must be paid for and once ready to post the postage invoice will be issued and this must be paid before the item is despatched.
8. All electrical appliances are not tested by the auction house and we cannot guarantee them to be in working order. If the catalogue states that they are working, the purchaser has 24 hours to return the goods and a full refund will be given.
9. If items are not collected and paid for by 4pm on the Sunday following the sale buyers may face being suspended from bidding at future auctions.
10. In the case of a dispute the lot may be re-offered at the discretion of the Auctioneer who shall be the sole arbitrator.
11. If payment is not received by three days after the sale at 4pm a fee will be added to the bill of 5% per item per day.
12. If goods are not collected from the auction house within the Terms and Conditions stipulated, storage charges of £1 per day per item will be applied for goods uncollected (unless arranged prior to purchase).
14. After 14 days if the goods purchased are not collected, they become the property of Yorkshire Auctions. The buyer is still responsible for the payment of their invoice
15. Removal of lots purchased will be at your own risk and expense.
16. You are responsible for any removal, storage and insurance charges relating to the lots purchased.
17. The buyer will be liable for the repair to the premises or other lots damaged during the removal of their property
Caveat Emptor- The principle of Caveat Emptor applies to the sale of all goods sold at auction by us. Furthermore, we have no control over the condition of any item offered for sale.
Third party liability; All members of the public on our premises are there at their own risk and must note the lay-out of the accommodation and security arrangements. Accordingly neither the auctioneer nor our employees or agents shall incur liability for death or personal injury (except as required by law by reason of our negligence) or similarly for the safety of the property of persons visiting prior to or at a sale.
OUR STORAGE POLICY
All items purchased or sold at auction must be removed from the auction house by 4pm 3 days following the sale.
Storage charges are charged at £1 per day per item commencing at 12am 4 days following the sale.
Storage charges are charged 7 days per week.
After 14 days, if items remain uncollected, they will become the property of Yorkshire Auctions. If we have to dispose of any unsold items an applicable disposal fee will apply - disposal fee is charged at £10 per item.
Yorkshire Auctions will then issue an invoice to the customer for the storage charges which must be paid within 7 days to avoid legal proceedings.
USE AND STORAGE OF CUSTOMER DATA (GDPR)
The information captured about our customers is name, address and contact details including email. This information is stored on an electronic back office system.
Yorkshire Auctions do not share any of our customer personal information with any third parties. It is used to process receipts of purchase and selling history.
Printed receipts of customer transactions are securely stored by Yorkshire Auctions for 7 years during this time HMRC have the right to view any of this paperwork for their purposes.
All customers have the right to request the removal of their data from our system. If any customers have any queries or concerns about the use and storage of their data, please contact us.
By signing the registration document to register as a customer, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions as set out above.
Collection in person is actively encouraged
Shipping can be arranged by us for additional cost for both packaging and shipping, but liability lies entirely with the carrier. Alternatively, you can choose your own carrier. Once again a packaging charge will be incurred and liability will lie entirely with your carrier. We will apply storage charges for goods not collected by your chosen carrier in a timeframe as specified in our terms.