1) Registration – Bidders must register at our office prior to the commencement of the sale to receive their individual bidding number. Please signal to the Auctioneer that you are bidding by clearly raising your hand, catalogue or bidding number.
2) Commission Bids – These will be accepted at the sender’s risk without obligation. We prefer to accept bids by email, post or telephone. Bids must be left with the Auction House by 5pm the day before the sale.
3) Commission bids are carried out free of charge and lots will be bought for you as cheaply as is allowed by competing bids/reserves already on our books. Where there are 2 or more commission bids of the same value the earliest received bid takes precedence. Buyers must satisfy themselves as to the physical condition and description of lots before submitting such a bid.
4) Bidding – Bids are subject to the standard conditions of sale as per the Auctions (Bidding Agreements) Act 1969 which are on display in the showroom and available on request.
5) Payment – Payment must be received within 3 working days of the sale and may be made by cash (up to the value of £5,000), by debit card, or by bank transfer. Overseas buyers can pay by debit card or bank transfer. Full payment details are outlined on invoices.
6) Online buyers Please note that any lots purchased via easyliveauction.com live auction service will be subject to an additional 3% commission charge + VAT at the rate imposed on the hammer price or no commission for the internet bidding if the ‘Flat Fee’ has been chosen at registration.
7) Collection – All lots must be collected within 3 days of the sale unless prior arrangements have been made.
8) Storage Fees – For goods left on our premises – whether paid for or not – for more than 5 days after the date of the sale, Beeston Auction House reserves the right to charge £10 + VAT per lot per day in storage fees. This applies to all types of objects whether big or small. In the event of storage charges accrued becoming in excess of the total invoice, possession of the items will revert to Beeston Auction House and storage charges in excess of the invoice total will become payable.
9) Postage and packing – Postage and packing can be supplied on request if your purchased lot is a small, non-fragile item that we deem suitable to be shipped inside a padded envelope. The buyer understands that Beeston Auction House will pack items to the best of their ability, but are not professional packers and are not insured for this service. Beeston Auction House will not accept liability for any loss or damage caused to items in transit. For all other packing and shipping requirements please contact the Auction House or check the website for details of recommended packing and shipping companies.
10) Condition Reports – The condition of items is not given in our sale catalogues, although we attempt to mention major restorations and alterations. Buyers must satisfy themselves as to the condition, authenticity and completeness of lots before bidding and so we strongly recommend your personal viewing of the item. Full liability as to the price, condition and authenticity is that of the purchaser.
11) Electrical goods – Electrical items sold by Beeston Auction House are offered for Historical interest and/or Display purposes only. There are no guarantees as to working order or serviceability in respect of such goods. Any lot with an electrical fitting must be checked by a qualified electrician before connecting to a mains supply. Beeston Auction House cannot be held responsible for any contravention of this condition.
12) Returns – The buyer must notify Beeston Auction House within 14 days of the sale of any complaint in respect of the lot. If agreed that the complaint is justified, Beeston Auction House will make a full refund. In the event of a dispute the buyer and the Auction House will make all reasonable efforts to agree compensation.
13) Reproductions – If the buyer believes the purchased lot to be a forgery, Beeston Auction House will rescind the sale and compensate the buyer provided that it is not shown to be as such in the catalogue description at the date of the sale. A forgery is an imitation or copy intended to be a reproduction of the original and made to deceive with regard to authorship, date & provenance.
Sellers Terms & Conditions
1) Entry Fee – All lots entered for sale will have a £2 per lot +VAT entry fee for each sale that the lot is entered into. We may enter items into an additional timed sale after our main sale – This will not incur a further entry fee.
2) Sorting Fee – For items that sellers require sorting into saleable lots and advise given in respect to valuations and how best to sell items, there will be an additional sorting fee of £0.50 per lot +VAT.
3) Sellers Commission – This is charged at a rate of 15% of the hammer price + VAT.
4) Insurance – This is payable for all lots entered for sale and is charged on sold items at a rate of 2% of the hammer price.
5) Consignments – All lots must be consigned to the auction house on a Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of the week following live auctions between 10am and 4pm, unless otherwise arranged by a prior appointment.
6) Reserves – Vendors may place reserve prices on lots consigned for sale. The minimum reserve price is £15; no reserves will be accepted under this amount. Unless otherwise arranged all lots will be sold without reserve.
7) Reserve reductions – Any lots which failed to sell at the reserve price will be entered into the following months auctions with an automatic 25% reduced reserve unless Vendors have contacted the Auction House within 7 days of the sale to confirm collection of items. (N.B. Collection must be made within 7 days, unless agreed otherwise with the Auctioneers, to prevent storage fees being added to your account).
8) Withdrawal Fee – Items entered for sale but withdrawn by the Vendor after cataloguing and/or marketing will attract a charge at the rate of 15% of the reserve or lower estimate plus expenses where applicable.
9) Carriage Charge – If vendors require transportation of items into Beeston Auction House, requirements and costs will be discussed and arranged before any carriage is undertaken.
10) Cataloguing & Marketing – All normal costs of cataloguing, marketing and advertising will be covered by Beeston Auction House. In certain cases, an individual marketing plan will be devised and cost agreed with the client. Printed catalogue illustrations will attract a charge to cover photographic and production costs.
11) The Auction – The highest bidder shall be the buyer and if during the Auction, the Auctioneer considers that a dispute has arisen; he has absolute discretion to settle it or re-offer the lot. Beeston Auction House disclaims any responsibility for default by either the buyer or vendor because they act as Auctioneers only.
12) Unsold Lots – Goods not sold MUST BE REMOVED WITHIN 7 DAYS of the sale in which last offered unless explicit alternative arrangements have been made. Lots not collected will incur a £2 per lot, per day fee. If no contact is made in respect of the items after 7 days, the Auctioneers reserve the right to dispose of the goods and charge the vendor for any expenses incurred.
13) Payment – Vendors will be sent payment via Bank Transfer which will usually be made 14 working days after the date of the sale (after deduction of premium, commission, VAT & expenses where applicable) subject to receiving cleared payment from the buyer.
14) The Warranty of Title – The seller is the true owner or has full permission of the owner to consign the items for sale and is able to transfer the property free from any third party claims.
15) Responsibility – Beeston Auction House disclaim responsibility for all loss or damage to goods or for unauthorised removal of the same unless directly the result of negligence on the part of one of their employees.
Covid-19 Postage & Packing Policy Under the current circumstances our Terms & Conditions regarding postage & packing and the storage of purchased items has been amended. Please take note of the following: • We will send out as many items as is possible to customers who have purchased lots, as long as it can be posted in a padded envelope or a small box. • For larger items or lots weighing over 2kg, we will strive to send out via a courier service provided we have sufficient packing materials and a collection service is available. • We are unable to guarantee delivery times and all items are posted out at the customers own risk. • We will not post fragile items such as ceramics, glass and framed and glazed pictures. • For these, and any other items which would require a collection service, such as furniture, we will waiver any storage fees until such time that the items can be collected. • For any enquiries, or if you are uncertain if your purchased items can be posted, please contact the Auction House directly for advice.
Postage & Packing Policy 1. A limited in-house packing and postage service is available for most small, non-fragile items that we deem suitable to fit into a padded envelope. This is available throughout the UK as well as most worldwide destinations. We always recommend you contact the Auction House in advance of bidding to check if a postage service is available for the lot you intend to bid on. 2. Items can only be posted if they weigh less than 2kg. Measurements must not exceed 60cm length, 46cm width and 46cm depth. 3. For items posted by Beeston Auctions, there is a fixed, non- negotiable packing and materials fee of £5 +Vat. Additionally, we charge the exact postage costs only and no extra fees. 4. Jewellery items, watches, coins and bank notes will be sent out by Special Delivery only due to Royal Mail insurance requirements. All other items are sent out via a Royal Mail signed for service. 5. Beeston Auction House are not specialist packers and accept no liability for loss or damage to items packed and posted at customer’s request. 6. For high Value, fragile or most overseas shipping we STRONGLY RECOMMEND Jentel packing who can offer a thorough and professional service. They have access to our auction catalogue and can therefore give shipping quotes reasonably quickly and fuss free. They can be contacted on 01268 776777 or firstname.lastname@example.org. 7. For larger, heavier lots or items of furniture please contact the Auction House for details of recommended couriers and shippers.