Please note we do not accept Cash, Cheques or Credit cards. Payment is by Bank Transfer or Debit card.
***Payment for all goods is by Tuesday following the auction any items not paid for and collected will incur storage charges of £2+vat per lot per day. If you cannot collect your items by Tuesday please contact the office to let us know.***
As Auctioneers we act as agents for the seller, whose identity is kept private and confidential. We strictly adhere to the Auctions Bidding Agreement Act 1972.
1. Bidding – To bid at auction you must register either in person or online using Easylive auction platform. If in person, photo identification will be required for the first time along with your name, address and contact information. The auctioneer reserves the right to refuse bids. A bid cannot be made or accepted after the fall of the hammer. Online live bids should be made quickly, and efficiently. If a bid comes in just before the hammer falls/the lot closes the auctioneer will reopen the lot. No lots will be sold after the auction. Sales are not final until the invoices have been sent following the auction.
No lots are transferable.
Elliotts (UK) Auctioneers reserve the right to cancel or postpone an auction in the event of power failure/loss of internet/severe weather.
In the event of a disputed bid the auctioneer is the sole arbitrator and the auctioneers decision is final.
2. Payment Methods – We accept payment by debit card or bank transfer (BACS).
Debit Card payments are limited to £1500 if the cardholder is not present. If you are making payment in person by debit card purchases over £1500 may be subject to an identification check. ID should be brought to avoid disappointment.
Bank Transfer (BACS) Payment must be made in one transaction (unless discussed with the office).
We no longer accept payment by CASH, CREDIT CARD OR CHEQUE.
3. Collection of goods – If collecting in person buyers will be required to satisfy themselves that the lots are complete before leaving the premises. Elliotts UK Auctioneers will not be held responsible for missing items following the departure from the saleroom. Payment and collection arrangements of lots must be done by the Tuesday following an auction, any lots with this not arranged will be subject to storage charges of £2+vat per lot per day and may incur further costs if goods need to be sent to our storage warehouse. Items not collected within 1 month if not previously agreed will be deemed abandoned and entered into the next auction on behalf of Elliotts UK Auctioneers to cover costs of storage.
4. Buyers Premium – Elliotts UK Auctioneers charge a buyers premium of 20%+vat. The VAT is on the commission only. Lots that are Full VAT will be noted in the catalogue.
5. Commission Bids – Commission bids will be accepted via our Elliotts UK Commission forms or by email and must be furnished with full name and address and contact details. Bids left should be the maximum amount the bidder wishes to leave on a lot before buyers premium and vat are added. Elliotts Uk Auctioneers will always try and obtain lots on your behalf for a minimum amount. Identical bids will be executed in time order. It is the bidders responsibility to ensure that bid amount and lot number are correct.
6. Telephone Bids – Telephone Bids on lots valued under £50 will not be accepted, the bidder must be prepared to bid £50 or the bottom estimate of a lot when requesting to bid this way.
7. Estimates – Are provided as a guide to assist potential purchasers, this does not determine how much a lot will sell for. Estimates can change in the days leading up to an auction, and will be updated on the online catalogue as soon as a change is made.
8. Condition – The condition of a lot is not implied within every description, as a general rule obvious damages and repairs are noted. Bidders must satisfy themselves prior to the auction commencing, this can be done by viewing goods in person or requesting a condition report. Condition report requests submitted after 3pm the day prior to the auction may not be executed due to time constraints. No claim can be made against Elliotts (UK) Auctioneers where a condition report has not been requested.
9. Electrical Goods – Electrical goods are not tested by us for longevity or functionality, and these are noted in the catalogue as Trade, Spares or Repairs and are sold as such. All goods should be checked by a professional electrician before use.
10. Upholstered Goods – Any goods not conforming to the 1988 Upholstery Act current safety standards will be sold for non domestic use and require reupholstering by the successful purchaser prior to use or resale.
11. Damage to Goods – Damage to any goods or theft whilst in the care of Elliotts following the purchase of any goods will only be covered by the amount paid and return of any commission or vat. We do not accept any claims for lost profit or earnings.
12. Lots are sold by their descriptions, pictures are solely for guidance purposes. Occasionally through human error the pictures may show items that are not included with the lot. If you do identify a lot where the picture does not match the description, please contact us as soon as possible so that we can rectify this. Bidders must satisfy themselves as to what they are bidding on as per term 8.
13. Description Disputes – If we mis-describe any lots Elliotts Auctioneers will always refund the full amount or cancel the sale. An opinion of age described in the catalogue for example “Antique”. When we use the term Antique we are saying the object is 100 years or older and of value. “Vintage” if we use this term we are implying the item has age and at least 40 years old. If you disagree with any statement with regard to the age of an item you must obtain a written opinion from another registered auctioneer before any refund would be accepted.
14. We are a family run business, and take a zero tolerance approach to any aggressive, abusive behaviour towards any member of the team.
15. Blocked Bidders – We reserve the right to ask for a deposit prior to bidding.