PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO HIGH LEVELS OF COVID-19 IN THE AREA, MANY COURIERS AND ROYAL MAIL STAFF/DRIVERS ARE HAVING TO SELF ISOLATE SO COLLECTION OF PARCELS IS TAKING A LITTLE LONGER THAN USUAL. WE WILL HOWEVER DO OUR BEST TO GET THE ITEMS TO YOU AS SOON AS WE CAN.
IF YOUR PARCEL IS URGENT, PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY AFTER AUCTION AND WE WILL ENDEAVOUR TO EXPEDITE YOUR PARCEL.
1. The bidding will be regulated by the Auctioneer, subject to the Vendor's reserve (if any). No bid shall be retracted. If any dispute should arise between two or more bidders the Auctioneer may determine the dispute at their own discretion and their decision shall be final. Torridge Auctions reserve the right to refuse the bid of any person without being called upon to give reason for such action.
2. All lots are believed to be described correctly but cannot be guaranteed to be so, and no compensation shall be allowed for any error, should such exist, regarding the quantity, quality, description or otherwise of the respective lots. No warranty is given on domestic appliances and such items are deemed to have been examined by the purchaser and purchased as seen.
3. Torridge Auctions will not be responsible for any accident or injury to persons or property through fire or any other causes whatsoever, nor for any damage caused prior to, during or after the Sale.
4. All lots are entered under the Vendor’s ownership until, at the fall of the hammer, they become the responsibility of the purchaser. Title, however, does not pass until full payment is received by Torridge Auctions. In the event of any default in payment by any purchaser, Torridge Auctions reserves the right to offer the items to the under bidder (subject to any reserve applicable) and to amend the hammer price accordingly, should this fail, the item(s) will be returned to the Vendor.
5. All won lots must be paid for by the Tuesday following auction (without exception) and removed from the saleroom either on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday following the sale between 10am and 4pm. If a postage quote is requested, please pay your invoice as above and await your postage quote. Unsold lots must be removed from the premises by 4.00pm on the Wednesday following auction unless alternative arrangements have been made with Torridge Auctions. Failure to observe this condition will result in the items becoming the property of Torridge Auction and disposed of as we see fit.
5(a) For timed auctions, all items must be paid for and collected by the Wednesday following auction. Unsold lots must also be collected by the Wednesday following auction, failing which the items will become the property of Torridge Auctions and disposed of as we see fit.
6. Torridge Auctions reserve the right to: (a) Refuse any item (b) Sell items in Lots as they see fit (c) Make charges to cover costs incurred while handling goods or through non-compliance with these conditions.
7. Items for sale may be brought to the Saleroom from the date shown in advertisements PLEASE NOTE - Entries for Sales are accepted space permitting and may be stored for the next suitable auction. See condition 9(c)
8. Unsold lots may not be removed from the Saleroom without first obtaining authorisation from Torridge Auctions
(a) There are no lotting fees.
(b) Commission will be charged at the rate of 20% + VAT subject to a minimum commission charge of £1. Special terms may be available for trade entries.
(c) Any item withdrawn by the Vendor after cataloguing will be charged at £1.00 per lot to a maximum of £15.00 per vendor
(d) Goods requiring storage for future sales will be charged at £10.00 per week or part thereof unless it is the decision of Torridge Auctions to do so. (e) Any unsold lot not collected by the Vendor or vendor’s authorised agent by 4.00 on the Wednesday following auction shall be deemed to be the property of Torridge Auctions and disposed of at the cost of the Vendor (does not apply to Antique Sales) or unless previous arrangements have been made with Torridge Auctions.
10 . PAYMENT: Payment for goods sold will be paid by cheque or bank transfer once Torridge Auctions have received payment for the said goods.
11. All purchasers are reminded that in bidding for any item they are deemed to have read and accepted these conditions of sale
12. Each lot, at the fall of the hammer, shall be considered as delivered and remain at the absolute risk of the respective purchaser.
13. All lots purchased shall be paid for and collected either on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday (unless a postage quote has been requested in which case the invoice will need to be settled and a postage quote will follow) following auction unless other arrangements have been made with Torridge Auctions. No lots shall be removed from the Sale premises unless a receipt has been obtained from Torridge Auctions.
14. Purchasers removing lots will be held responsible for any damage caused to persons or property.
15. A buyer’s premium of 20% + VAT subject to a minimum charge of £1, will be charged on all lots purchased.
16. If an invoice is not paid by 4pm by the Wednesday following auction, we will attempt to take payment from the card registered with Easyliveauction.com (unless previous arrangements have been made with Torridge Auctions).
17. Commission bids may be left with Torridge Auctions save for timed auctions. Bidders are asked to observe all these Conditions and to contact the Auctioneers by noon on the day following the Sale.
POST AND PACKING
17(a) Please be aware that at this current time, we are unable to offer postage to the Republic of Ireland. We would ask bidders from the ROI to provide an address in the North or in the UK.
17(b) Post and Packing will not take place during the week following auction but will be undertaken during the second week following auction.
18. ELECTRICAL ITEMS will not be PAT tested and will be sold as seen. These items are not refundable if found to be not working.
19. UPHOLSTERED ITEMS - These can only be accepted if they comply with the current Fire Safety Regulations and display relevant labels. Exception is made for antique items.
Please note that VAT is charged on the commission amount.
IMPORTANT SHIPPING INFORMATION: WE ARE STILL OFFERING A SHIPPING SERVICE BUT PLEASE NOTE HOWEVER THAT DUE TO HIGH VERY HIGH LEVELS OF COVID-19 IN OUR AREA, MANY COURIERS AND ROYAL MAIL STAFF ARE HAVING TO SELF ISOLATE WHICH IS RESULTING IN THE POSTING OF WON LOTS TAKING LONGER.
Please note that at present we are unable to post to the Republic of Ireland. Please also note that postage can take over a week due to the sheer volume of parcels. If you parcel is urgent, please let us know and we can expedite for you. We charge Courier Cost + Packing Cost. Our minimum charge is £10.