Vendors Terms & Conditions of Sale
1. Commission is charged at the rate of 15% + VAT on the hammer price of each lot plus £1.20 per lot entry fee + VAT. All electrical items must be PAT tested at a charge of 80p + VAT
2. Items presented or collected for sale will be entered in the first available sale, but may be held over, at the Auctioneers discretion, until space or a suitable sale is available.
3. All descriptions are at the Auctioneers discretion.
4. Payments are available for collection on Tuesday and Wednesday following a sale. Postal payments made within 7 days of the sale on request only if all items have sold.
5. Working Order items are paid out after 7 days to cover the working order guarantee.
6. Items not in compliance with current Legislation or deemed unsalable or counterfeit will not be accepted.
7. The auctioneers act as agent for the vendor and reserve the right to bid on their behalf.
8. Each vendor will supply their name, address, telephone number and sign the Auctioneers entry form.
9. Mains gas appliances are not sold by the Auctioneers.
10. All unsold items not collected within 14 days after the sale will be disposed of at a charge of £10
Buyers Terms & Conditions of Purchase
1. The Purchaser to be the highest bidder who will pay the hammer price plus a premium of 15% + VAT.
2. All items are SOLD AS SEEN, descriptions and pictures are simply a guide. If buying on line and not available to view the items you can telephone or email to find out further information on an item.
3. Each purchaser shall register with the Auctioneers giving their Name, Address and Telephone number.
4. All purchases must be paid for, in full, and no lots may be removed until such payments have cleared.
5. Payments are accepted in Cash, Credit Card and Debit Card. Alternatively payments can be made by bank transfer.
6. The Auctioneers act as agents for the Vendor and reserve the right to bid on their behalf on Lots offered subject to reserve.
7. Commission bids are accepted by the Auctioneers who undertake to purchase the lots on the bidders behalf at the best advantage. Lots purchased by absent buyers will be consigned at the Auctioneers earliest convenience at packing and postage charges to be agreed.
8. All electrical appliances have to be compliance with current regulations, for safety, wiring, fuses and plugs. But this does not guarantee them to be in working order.
9. If items are not collected and paid for within 7 days following the sale buyers may face being banned from the auction.
10. In the case of a dispute the Lot may be re-offered at the discretion of the Auctioneer who shall be the sole arbitrator.
Use and storage of customer data
The information captured about our customers is name, address and contact details including email. This information is stored on an electronic back office system which is run by Easyliveauction.
Halfway Auctions Ltd. and Easyliveauction do not share any of our customer personal information with any third parties and simply use it to process receipts of purchasing and selling history.
Printed receipts of customer transactions are securely stored by Halfway Auctions Ltd. for 7 years during this time HMRC have the right to view any of this paper work for VAT purposes.
All customers have the right to request the removal of their data from our system. If any customers have any queries or concerns about the use and storage of their data please contact Halfway Auctions on 01274 592001.
We offer a postage and packing service on small items. Please contact the auction house for further details either by email or telephone 01274 592001 or 07506427088.
We offer a LOCAL delivery service within the West Yorkshire region only. Contact the auction house for a quotation.
For shipping of large goods please arrange your own courier or collection of the items yourself, all items need to be paid for and removed from the auction by 5pm on the Wednesday after the sale. Storage charges of £1 per day can be incurred if arrangements are not made.
We cannot ship weapons or guns as they are not legally allowed to be sent. These items are collection only when purchased.
We can deliver locally but do not ship breakables such as mirrors and ceramics.
Items cannot be shipped overseas by the auction house.