1. The Auctioneers act as agent for the vendor and reserve the right to bid on their behalf on Lots offered subject to a reserve.
2. All descriptions are at the Auctioneers discretion.
3. Electrical appliances are bought at your own inspection & should be checked by a qualified person if not stated as working ‘ tested.
4. All items are sold on the basis of the buyer’s inspection. No guarantees or warranties are implied or given.
5. The vendor authorises The Auctioneer to deduct commission and expenses at the agreed rates from the hammer price.
6. The buyer is deemed to have accepted these conditions of sale and notices by making a bid.
7. Each Vendor will supply their name, address, telephone number and VAT status and sign the Auctioneers entry form.
8. Items presented or collected for sale will be entered in the first available sale, but may be held over, at the Auctioneers discretion, until space or a suitable sale is available. Lots will be amalgamated and presented at the Auctioneers discretion.
9. The successful bidder shall agree to pay the purchase price which will be the aggregate of the final bid, and a Buyer’s premium.
10. All purchases must be cleared within two working days of the sale after which storage charges may be incurred.
11. Bids are in GBP and must be whole pounds (no pence).
12. Payment -Invoices will be emailed to successful bidders after the end of the auction. Whilst social distancing is in place we ask that payments are made online via our website or by bank transfer. By doing this you will reduce the amount of contact points at the auction room.
13. The Auctioneer acts only as agent for the Seller (unless otherwise specifically declared). Accordingly Sellers need not be paid until payment is received from the Buyer, nor is the Auctioneer necessarily in a position to know the history of or assess the quality of lots sold on behalf of these principals. In addition, lots sold are likely to have been subject to wear and tear caused by use or the effects of age and may, therefore, have faults and imperfections.
14. Buyers are given the opportunity at viewing times to examine lots to be sold and will be assumed to have done so. They must rely solely on their own skill or judgement as to whether lots are fit for any particular purpose, and as to compliance with the description or illustrations.
IMPORTANT: WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO SHIP TO THE UK AND IRELAND.
We will offer buyers our in house postage and packing service for items upto 5 kg (for larger items please contact us prior to bidding to discuss if this is possible ) please note items to be posted will be shipped on Mondays only so please allow for this when requesting postage. Fragile or liquids will not be posted due to damages that may occur in transit and any items posted out are at your own discretion. Our shipping company’s used will be dpd Royal Mail unless your own is requested.