2 Day General, Antique & Collectable Sale, Highlights include Omega and Gold Watches, David Pearce - Fletcher J Mercer Paintings, Antique Postcards and Photocards, Art Deco Bronze 'The Riding Crop' - 1323 Lots
2 Day General, Antique & Collectable Sale, Highlights include Omega and Gold Watches, David Pearce - Fletcher J Mercer Paintings, Antique Postcards and Photocards, Art Deco Bronze 'The Riding Crop'
2 Day General, Antique & Collectable Sale, Highlights include Omega and Gold Watches, David Pearce - Fletcher J Mercer Paintings, Antique Postcards and Photocards, Art Deco Bronze 'The Riding Crop' Lots of Mid Century Design Furniture including Ladderax and Ercol, Over 200 Lots of Tools including Full Lathe, Snap-on Style Tool chests, Antique motoring - Wolesley, Norton, Michelin, Gold and Silver, Jewellery and Watches, antiques, furniture, sports, and much much more
27th January 2023 from
- Day 1 of the the sale covering Outdoor furniture, Garden equipment, automotive, Bicycles, Sport, Fishing and Gym equipment, tools, White goods, electronics, TV's and Computers, Hi-Fi's Art & Pictures
(Lots 1 to 350)
28th January 2023 from
- Day 2 covers Gold, Silver, Coins, Jewellery, Antiques, Vintage and Bygones, China and Porcelain, Militaria, Toys, Collectables, Clocks, Watches, Postcards and Photographs, carpets, furniture and more!
(Lots 351 to 1118)
Wincanton Auctions Ltd Terms and Conditions
Customers are politely requested to read, understand and agree to our terms and conditions set out below. A downloadable pdf version is available here: Terms and Conditions
Conditions of Sale
Affecting purchasers and others attending the sale premises.
1. Purchasers will be deemed
a) To have inspected their lots prior to the sale; and
b) To have accepted that lots are sold with all faults and imperfections specifically mentioned or not irrespective of whether they bid in person, by commission or through an agent.
2. All goods are second hand and sold without warranty unless otherwise stated in the sale catalogue or by the auctioneer from the rostrum. Any implied warranty, condition or other term is excluded except where to do so would be unlawful.
3. The auctioneers undertake that care has been taken to see that catalogue descriptions are accurate and reliable however these are matters of opinion only and shall not be taken to be statements of fact. The Auctioneer neither has nor professes any expert or other knowledge of any Lot sold and each Lot is sold as seen with all faults and errors or mistakes of description and all written or oral representations as to description, quality or fitness are excluded. The buyer shall be deemed to have inspected the Lot he buys and if he buys without so doing he shall do so at his own risk.
b) The auctioneers and the Seller offer no guarantees as to the road-worthiness of any of the vehicles, or sea-worthiness of any of the vessels, made available for sale. The auctioneer and the Seller accept no liability for mileage input or other errors on MOT’s, Vehicle Road Tax or other official documents. It is the sole responsibility of the buyer / bidder to satisfy themselves of the accuracy of mileage recorded on any vehicle offered at auction. Unless otherwise stated, the buyer bears late road tax fees and/or registration expenses and/or MOT.
4. The auctioneers act as agents to the vendor and shall not incur liability to any purchaser for any statement, representation or warranty as to title, quality or otherwise of any lot made on behalf of and with the vendor’s authority.
Likewise the auctioneers shall incur no liability to a purchaser arising from any defect in goods sold save in the event of negligence on the part of the auctioneers or their employees. Any liability therefore shall be a matter for dispute between purchaser and vendor only.
5. The auctioneers reserve on behalf of themselves and
the vendors the following rights:
a) To sell subject to a reserve price
b) To bid on behalf of a vendor and/or purchasers
c) To refuse any bid
d) To rearrange, consolidate, divide, add or withdraw
any lots or vary the order of the sale.
e) To exclude any person from the premises if there
be good reason to do so.
6. The auctioneer shall regulate the bidding and shall
determine from time to time the appropriate increment needed to advance the bidding.
7. The person making the highest accepted bid shall be the purchaser as defined in these conditions.
8. If a dispute arises as to any bidding then at the discretion of the auctioneer either:
a) The lot to which the disputed bid relates shall immediately be put up again, or
b) The auctioneer shall determine the dispute and his decision shall be final and binding on all parties
9. a) At the fall of the hammer the purchaser is required
to give his own name (or where applicable his paddle number). If he has bid on behalf of another person, company or organisation he should make this clear to the auctioneer at the time. If he fails to do so then he will be held personally liable for the purchase under the terms of these conditions.
b) If, and as required by the auctioneer at the fall of
the hammer the purchaser shall also give his address and/or the address of his principal and/or pay to the auctioneer all or part of the purchase price plus VAT and buyers’ premium.
c) Any such payment made at the fall of the hammer
may be treated, at the auctioneers’ discretion, as a
general deposit against all purchases, made by that purchaser on the day.
d) All lots must be paid for in cash, or in other manner acceptable to the auctioneers, on the day of sale and before delivery is given.
e) Failure by the purchaser to comply with sub clause (a) and (b) shall entitle the auctioneer to cancel the sale and, at his discretion, to immediately re-offer the lot in question for sale by auction.
10. No transfer of lots or sub-sale by any purchaser is recognised by the auctioneers. Purchasers shall remain liable under these conditions in respect of their own purchase under the hammer.
11. Private treaty sales shall be subject to these conditions of sale where applicable.
12. All lots will be at the purchaser’s risk from the fall of the hammer. Purchasers are therefore advised to check that they have adequate insurance cover.
13. Purchasers who pay by cheque will not normally be permitted to remove goods until their cheques have cleared through the bank. Whether removal is permitted or not, ownership of goods will not be deemed to pass to the purchaser until his cheque has cleared.
14. All lots must be cleared from the sale premises at the purchaser’s expense by the time stipulated or agreed by the auctioneers.
b) Removal, packing, collection and transportation of goods is entirely at the customers own risk and expense. This can include the dismantling of items. No person shall have any claim against the auctioneer, its officers, directors, agents, employees, principals, or attorneys for any injuries sustained, nor for damages to or loss of property, which may occur from any cause whatsoever.
15. a) If a purchaser fails to comply with any of the preceding conditions the auctioneers may cause the lot in respect of which the failure is made to be resold by public or private sale without warranty or reserve and without notice to the purchaser.
b) If upon resale as aforesaid a lower price is obtained for any lot than was obtained on the first sale, the difference in price together with all costs and charges attending the resale shall be a debt due from the purchaser in default at the first sale.
c) Alternatively the auctioneers may, at their discretion, store the lot and recover reasonable charges for so doing from the purchaser.
16. All sales shall be deemed to have been made in England and the Parties to the Sale hereby submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts. English Law shall be the proper law of the contract of sale.
If you are buying or selling items with Wincanton Auctions you might want to take advantage of our packing and postal service.
For smaller items and boxes we are pleased to offer a low cost service to cover the cost of materials, packing and delivery to our local Post Office or ready for collection services such as Hermes, DPD or TNT. However please note we will not pack larger items such as furniture or large quantities of fragile items such as Tea Services, glassware etc for whom we recommend Jentel packing and Proovia Ltd who have a packing service for such items and whose details are below.
ALL ITEMS MUST BE PAID FOR IN FULL BEFORE A QUOTATION CAN BE ARRANGED
Unfortunately we cannot provide quotations until lots are won and paid for as we receive a huge number of postage requests and it is not possible to package and weigh and measure items for postage, check rates and to then find that the enquirer has not won the lot or needs to combine it with other purchases and we ask for your understanding with regard to this.
Correspondence can be made through the online checkout system at the bottom of your invoice including an email messaging facility and updates when your parcel leaves the premises
We aim to dispatch your parcels within 3-5 working days after receipt of payment
Where possible we will also pack for your own courier but we must have full details and a signature before we release any goods.
2. Local and National Delivery
For larger deliveries both locally and nationwide we can provide details of a number of contractors offering different services at competitive prices.
Local to Wincanton
Dave England - 07866 024159
Paul Reynolds - 07935 921617
David Webb - DPWDELIVERIES - 'Deliveries from Kent to Cornwall and the M4 Corridor - 07860 324648 - firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Shipping to a Europe, USA, Asia and Rest of World
ALL ITEMS MUST BE PAID FOR IN FULL BEFORE A QUOTATION CAN BE ARRANGED
Small Items weighing under 2kgs
Packed parcel dimensions not to exceed 30 x 30 x 30cms
(Insured up to £250 Loss Not Damage)
Royal Mail International Tracked and Signed
USA £30 Upto 500 grammes - £40 Upto 1KG - £50 Upto 2KG
All above prices subject to VAT
4. BOOKED DELIVERIES AND 'CLICK AND COLLECT' APPOINTMENTS ONLY
We must with immediate effect introduce an Appointments Only collection system. This can be done online through our Facebook page where appointment slots will be available through the booking system. By confirmed email or Messenger requests or by telephone where a subsequent electronic confirmation is made.
PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THE SALEROOM WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT