General Auction including antiques, collectibles, gold, silver, jewellery and other interesting items. - Online Only
(Collection by Appointment Only )
Frederick Andrews is holding Online Auctions only at our Sheerness Saleroom meaning that our Saleroom is closed to the general public for in room bidding, however we are open for viewing.
As per our usual sale, bids can be made for our auctions via the Easy Live bidding platform. Alternatively you are more than welcome to leave absentee bids or we can arrange telephone bids on a first come, first served basis. Viewing items is possible on the Friday before our Auction 9am-4pm and Morning of the auction from 8.30am - 10am
We are happy to provide condition reports on all lots at request. It is still the buyers responsibility to ensure they are happy with the condition of an item before purchasing. Payment for your items can be made over the phone by debit or credit card, via bank transfer or by cash on collection. Payments must be made in full before the collection/delivery/postage of any item.
We know that the collections may seem a little abnormal but we have tried to make things as convenient, but also as safe as possible in compliance with Government guidelines. For options, 2,3 and 4 please call or email for a quotation. We have four options available to our customers and these are listed in detail below:-
· Option 1 – Collection by appointment – Items won and paid for in full may be collected from the auction room strictly by appointment only (Tel no : 01795 662741).
Customers will be allocated a specific time slot for the collection of goods, Our Porters will then collect your items and place them in a collection area for you for ease of access. Collections will need to be booked in as soon as possible as time slots will be reserved quickly.
· Option 2 – Frederick Andrews delivery - We can deliver your items if you are based locally. Call our office to enquire if we cover your area and have availability. Please note, due to current Government restrictions, delivery will only be to your doorstep/driveway.
· Option 3 - Frederick Andrews postage and packing service. We can provide a postage and packing service for you, that is done in-house to keep costs down. All postage and packing is done to the highest of our ability to make sure your items arrive in one piece. We can not be held liable if your item is broken in transit.
· Option 4 - Frederick Andrews packing only. We are happy to pack your items for you to arrange your own courier, we will then send you over weights and sizes of your parcel. We can not be held liable if your item is broken in transit.
Our collection days going forward will be on the Tuesday - Friday (9:00am-4:00pm) after the auction, All items need to be paid for by close of business on the Wednesday of that week.
Entries for our next auctions are welcome Wednesday - Friday by appointment only (9:00am - 4:00pm).
Our selling fees are only £3 per sold lot Inclusive of VAT
for any other questions and queries please contact a member of our staff for more details on
30th August 2021 from
(Lots 1 to 638)
27th August 2021 -
30th August 2021 -
1. GENERAL. Frederick Andrews Ltd (the firm) offers for sale the property described upon the terms and conditions herein. The firm reserves the right to vary the terms at its discretion. Such terms shall form part of the terms and conditions of the sale. The terms are to be considered as complete and exclusive.
2. REGISTRATION. Each buyer / vendor will need to register for a number with Frederick Andrews Ltd. An admin fee of £5 inclusive of VAT is payable at the point of registration. This will enable you to both buy and sell lots at any of our sales within the terms and conditions here in, with the exception of online bidding where a 3rd party Terms and Conditions will apply.
3. BIDDING. By bidding at auction whether as principle, agent, in writing, telephone, commission or any other means the bidder agrees to be bound by these conditions of sale. The highest bidder shall be the purchaser. In the event of any dispute arising between two or more bidders, the auctioneer shall have sole discretion in determining the purchaser or re-offering the lot for sale if deemed appropriate. The auctioneer has the right to refuse any bid, to withdraw any lot, to group together lots and to bid on behalf of the vendor. Any items bought or sold within our premises whether lotted for sale or not will be subject to sellers’ fee and buyer’s premium
4. PURCHASER. The purchaser shall give to the firm upon request his name and address and proof of such and a deposit of up to 50% of the total purchase price. In default the lots may be immediately re-offered for sale. The purchaser shall pay to the firm the hammer price plus a buyer’s premium at the stated rates in the saleroom. All lots are offered for sale subject to any reserve imposed by the vendor. It is not permitted for Vendors to bid on their own lots, if this Should happen the vendors bid or bid above any reserve they will be deemed the purchaser of that lot or lots and incur all fees and charges.
5. REMOVAL. Title to the offered lot shall pass to the buyer upon fall of the auctioneers hammer. No lot may be removed from the premises of the firm until paid for in full. All lots must be paid for and removed from the premises at the buyers’ expense no later than the close of business the Wednesday immediately after the sale. In the event of any lot not being removed a charge of up to £5 per lot per day plusVAT will be charged, furniture will be charged at up to £10 per lot per day. If any lot is not paid for and removed within 7 days of the sale Frederick Andrews Ltd may resell the lots by auction or privately without notice to the buyer. If paid for lots have not been collected after 2 weeks from the sale date, Frederick Andrews Ltd has to the right to sell these lots to claim back any storage fees or charges incurred.
6. POSTAGE AND PACKING. Frederick Andrews Ltd offers an in-house delivery service which always includes insurance. We also offer a postage and packing service, insurance will differ from item to item in accordance with the 3rd parties terms and conditions. Frederick Andrews Ltd does not provide their own insurance for items posted with a third party. Any buyers will have to refer to the third parties’ own terms and conditions and claims procedure. While we take care to ensure every item is packaged to the highest standard, please note that Frederick Andrews do not accept any responsibility for safe delivery or damage caused by a 3rd party All postage and packing charges to be paid for before items will be sent. There are some items that cannot be posted or shipped, with certain items i.e. very delicate larger items, ivory or weapons etc. must be discussed with the firm before bidding. If any items are returned for a refund the firm will not refund postage for the return of the items.
7. DESCRIPTION OF LOTS. Lots are sold with all faults and defects whether latent or otherwise and the firm is not responsible for the authenticity, provenance, age, attribution, date, quality, or condition of any lot. Any statements in the catalogue or given verbally or in writing are statements of opinion and are not to be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. Condition reports can be requested on every lot in the auction, Condition reports are only valid if given in email or through easy live auction. Condition reports will not be valid over the telephone.
8. PAYMENTS. The firm accepts bank transfer, Debit card and Credit cards transactions for all invoices regardless of amount Cheques are not accepted. Cash is accepted on all invoices under 10K in accordance with HMRC money laundering act. Online bidders should settle their account by the close of business on the Wednesday following the sale. Any overseas bidders who buy at our auction will not be able to make any card payment if the amount is over £200. Any amount over £200 will have to be made via bank transfer.
9. VENDORS. A sellers fee of £3 plus VAT and insurance will be deducted from the invoice total on all sold lots. Any lots accepted by the firm for auction will be entered into only one sale unless by prior arrangement in writing. No monies will be paid until all unsold lots have been removed from the sale room. If items remain uncollected at the end of the removal period a disposal charge will be made of up to £25.00 per item for furniture lots and up to £15.00 per lot for bric-a-brac at our sale room. Once goods are entered there will be an admin fee of £10 inc VAT per lot for any lots withdrawn by the vendor.
10. RESERVES. Any lots entered with reserved prices are subject to a 10% auctioneers’ discretion or £2 whichever is greater. If items are unsold in the first sale and are not collected by the vendor they will be offered in the next sale at the same venue with NO reserve. Unless a prior arrangement is made in writing.
11. LIABILITY. All breakages are to be paid for at the auctioneers valuation plus buyer’s premium. Acting as agents the firm shall not be considered liable for any default on the part of the purchaser or vendor. The firm may bid on the behalf of a potential purchaser, but no liability will be accepted for failure to execute any instructions or any errors that may occur. No employee has any liability arising from the aforementioned items and the firm’s liability shall be limited to the hammer price of any lot in dispute.
12. VENDOR PAYMENTS. Payment will be made for lots sold a maximum of 14 days after the sale date provided the Firm has been paid for the lots, Any lots unpaid for will be re-entered into our next available sale. Payments either by cash or bank transfer.
13. TRANSFERS. It is the liability of the winning bidder to pay for and remove any lots in conjunction with these terms and conditions, even if the winning bidder is acting on behalf of a third party.
14. VALUATIONS. Any item left at the saleroom for valuation will be stored for 7 days from the date of receipt. The firm will endeavor to contact via phone or email within this time but it is the clients responsibility to collect the items within the 7 day deadline, after which the item will be sold in our next sale using the lower estimate as reserve.