Antiques, Fine Art, Silver & Collectables
Antiques, Fine Art, Silver & Collectables from 3 Estates
17th September 2016 from
(Lots 1 to 235)
10th September 2016 -
11th September 2016 -
12th September 2016 -
13th September 2016 -
14th September 2016 -
15th September 2016 -
16th September 2016 -
17th September 2016 -
Fees apply to the hammer price:
29.52% inc VAT*
Flat Fee Registration
25.83% inc VAT*
*These fees include buyers premiums and internet surcharges.
Please see the auctioneers terms & conditions for more information
Paintings and Sculpture:
When the Forename(s) and Surname of the Artist are given, in our opinion this is a work of the Artist.
When the Initials of the Forename(s) and the Surname of the Artist are given, in our opinion this is a work of the period of the Artist which may be wholly or partly his work.
When the Surname only of the Artist is given, in our opinion this is a work by the school, or by one of the followers of the artist, or in his style and of uncertain date.
Purchasers are allowed seven days from the date of the Auction to satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of the catalogue description. We cannot take any responsibility for any incorrect attributions brought to our attention after this time.
Wines, Ports and all Drinks:
No guarantee is given, expressed or implied as to the condition, quality or content. Descriptions are for illustrative purposes only lots are sold 'as is' at the buyers risk.
Absolutely No Returns/Refunds.
Conditions of Sale:
1. The highest bidder for each lot shall be the purchaser. Should a dispute arise the Auctioneer shall at his discretion put the lot in dispute up for sale again or withdraw same from sale or declare the purchaser thereof.
2. The Auctioneers reserve for themselves the right to bid on behalf of the vendors and to reject or refuse to accept any bid without giving any reason therefor. The bidding shall be regulated by the Auctioneers and no bidding shall be retracted.
3. The price at which the bidder purchases each lot will be exclusive of V.A.T. and premium.
4. If required by the Auctioneer, the purchaser of each lot shall give his name and address to the Auctioneers representative and shall also immediately pay a cash deposit of 25% of the purchase money (or such sum as the Auctioneer may stipulate). The balance of the purchase money together with V.A.T. (if applicable), Auctioneers commission at the rate of 23% of the full purchase price plus V.A.T. at the prevailing rate shall be paid on the day of the sale, and if not so paid the Auctioneers reserve the right to charge interest on any unpaid balance at the rate of 18% per annum until payment is made.
5. Each purchaser's sale account must be paid in full before the removal of any lot.
6. Purchasers will be required to pay either in cash or by bankers draft. There is a service charge of 2% for credit cards.
7. The Auctioneers reserve the right to alter, divide, group or withdraw any lots either before or at any time during the sale.
8. The vendors or their agent reserve to themselves the right of repurchasing any lot, or part lot, at the knocked down price, or proportion of such price, where it is found necessary to let that lot, or part lot, remain and the decision of the Auctioneers respecting same shall be final and binding on all parties.
9. Each purchaser shall be deemed to have inspected and to be thoroughly acquainted with the contents and conditions of the lot or lots purchased and to have purchased same subject to all faults, deficiencies, imperfections and errors (if any) of any description therein, and no allowance whatsoever shall be made in respect of any difficulty of access.
10. The description, measurements and numbers set out in the catalogue are believed to be correct but no guarantee or warranty is given or is to be implied as to the correctness of such descriptions, or the genuineness or authenticity of any lot or its fitness for any particular purpose.
11. Each lot shall, from the fall of the hammer, be at the sole risk of the purchaser and must be cleared and taken away, without fail, at the purchasers expense, in such order as the Auctioneers or their representative shall direct not later than 5.00 p.m. on the Friday following the sale, after which time ant lot or lots remaining on the premises shall be liable for rent and expenses, storage and insurance charges, and will also be liable to be removed from the premises and left outside at the purchasers risk in all respects.
12. The purchaser will be responsible for all damage that it, its carriers, servants or agents may do to the property of any third (and in particular to the vendors premises) in removing the lot(s).
13. If within seven days after the sale the Auctioneers have received notice in writing from the purchaser that a lot is not as described in the catalogue and this notice can be substantiated with evidence, the burden of proof to be upon the purchasers, then the Auctioneers at their discretion may rescind the sale and return the purchase price.
14. No liability will be accepted by the vendors or the Auctioneers for personal injuries of any description and from whatsoever cause arising, sustained by any person whilst on the property of the vendors for the purpose of inspection, or during the sale, or whilst removing any lots, or on the premises in connection with the sale.
15. Each purchaser shall be responsible for and will release and indemnify the vendors, their servants and agents, from and against all liability in relation to each lot or lots sold or otherwise.
16. Each purchaser shall provide all vehicles, equipment and labour necessary for the removal of purchases.
17. If the purchaser shall make default in payment of his purchase money or neglect to comply with these conditions, or any of them, all money paid by him or his agent at the time of sale shall be forfeited to the vendors who shall be at liberty to re-sell the lot or lots at such time or times as they may think proper and without notice to the party or parties making default or neglecting to comply with these conditions, and in case of non-payment thereof the same shall be recoverable as and for liquidated damages. Any surplus arising on such re-sales shall belong solely to the vendors. This condition shall not prejudice the vendors or Auctioneers right to enforce the contract made at this present sale.
18. Neither the vendors or the Auctioneers will hold themselves responsible for any lots while on the premises. No lots may be collected outside the dates and hours set out nor will the Auctioneers transfer lots from one buyer to another.
19. The vendors, their servants or agents shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury occasioned to any purchaser, the purchasers servants or agents, or to any person or any property which may be caused by any defects, imperfection or malfunction in any lot or lots or contamination caused by same.
20. If any dispute or difference arises concerning any lot or the interpretation of these conditions, the same shall be settled by the Auctioneers whose decision shall be final and binding on all parties concerned.