1. The highest bidder is in due time to be the purchaser, and no persons shall retract a bid. The advance on each lot shall be determined by the Auctioneers (Chorley Auction House Ltd), who reserve the right of refusing any bid, and of altering, adding to, dividing, consolidating or withdrawing any lot or lots at the sale. Chorley Auction House are the sole arbitrators of any dispute with regard to any matter connected to the sale and their decision shall be binding on all parties.
2. Lots are sold as shown with all faults, imperfections and errors of description and lack of authenticity. Neither Chorley Auction House nor the vendor shall give any warranty to the buyer in respect of any lot or be liable for any fault or error of description or lack of genuineness or authenticity of any lot. All statements as to items sold, whether made in catalogues, during the course of the auction or otherwise are statements of opinion only and are not and shall not be taken to statements or representations of fact. Electrical items are tested where possible for SAFETY purposes and full working condition cannot be warranted on second user goods.
3. Chorley Auction House will be pleased to execute bids free of charge for any registered clients unable to attend the sale. Commission bid forms are available upon request. Commissions for the same amount on any one lot will be executed in order of receipt.
4. Chorley Auction House act solely as agents and shall not be responsible for any default by either the buyer or seller or for action or claim which may arise in respect of any lot.
5. The purchase price shall be the hammer price together with any applicable charge due and a 12% buyer’s premium.
6. All bidders and purchasers must register with Chorley Auction House giving their full name and address. A one off registration fee of £3.00 is payable and for this we will issue you with a permanent number you can use every time you attend.
7. All lots purchased become the risk and responsibility of the purchaser from the point the hammer falls. And all lots must be taken away with all faults, defects and errors of any description without power to dispute.
8. Payment must be made in full before any lots can be removed. All lots must be removed by 1pm on the Saturday following the auction or a storage charge of 5% will be applied. Payment can be made by cash, debit card or credit card (a 2% surcharge will be applied). Sorry we do not accept Cheques.
9. Proof of payment must be shown before any lot can be removed. Auctions Made Easy can deliver your purchase but a delivery charge of £10.00 will apply.
10. By making a bid the buyer acknowledges his acceptance of these terms and conditions and shall be bound by them.
Chorley Auction House is operated by Chorley Auction House Ltd who also act as Auctioneers.