Antiques, Collectables and Bespoke Items Through This Sale, Including Many Mid Century Items
Antiques, collectables and bespoke interior sale, with many Mid Century items and specialist, rare lots.
Viewing for the sale will be in line with current covid restrictions, but for updates phone Simon on 07507891837
14th April 2021 from
(Lots 1 to 352)
1. Any person (s) on or at the Auctioneers premises prior, during or following a sale shall be deemed to be there at his/her own risk and have no claim against the Auctioneer in respect of any injury he/she may sustain or any accidents which may occur whilst at the premises.
2. No children under 16 years may be allowed onto the Auctioneers premises prior to, during or following the sale.
The terms of sale in respect of any Lot shall include a term excluding any liability on the part of the Vendor, Auctioneers or their agents in respect of any misstatements or misrepresentations whether made in negligence or otherwise before the sale is concluded.
We strive to give a fair and accurate description of every Lot but advise that you request a condition report or further photographs by contacting the Auction prior to sale at Oceansglobal@sky.com
Please try to ascertain reports and supplemental images prior to the day of the sale as we are extremely busy that day.
We aim to have every Lot listed, described with images 7 days prior to the sale commencing.
4. Ownership and description
a, The Auctioneers act as an agent only on instruction of the Vendors.
b, Each Lot is sold with a fair and accurate description yet we advise that a condition report is obtained by the purchaser prior to auction commencement. All Lots are sold as seen and described. Many Lots are antique or period pieces, especially furniture so there will be dings and dents commensurate to age and use which cannot be individually listed. Therefore neither the Vendor or Auctioneer are responsible for the authenticity, originality, date, period, condition or quality of any Lot. Albeit additional photographs condition reports etc will be sent for any Lot prior to the auction on request.
5. Purchasers are deemed to have satisfied themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the description and condition of any Lot prior to the sale.
6. The catalogue should be seen as a guide to authenticity, condition and expected price and neither the Vendor or Auctioneer are responsible for any representation or warranty within the catalogue. A varying bracket of minimum expected price to expected price will be given as an estimate of what the Vendor requires for the Lot or the Auctioneer expects it will achieve.
7. The Auction
a, A buyers premium of 15% plus vat (on premium only not hammer price) will be levied on all Lots.
b, The highest bidder before the hammers falls shall be the purchaser and if any dispute arises between 2 or more bidders, the Lot shall, at the discretion of the Auctioneer, be put up again at the last undisputed bid and resold. The Auctioneers decision in all matters is final.
8. The purchaser shall provide prior to auction their names, addresses and contact numbers and payment must be made in full prior to collection or delivery of goods.
The Auctioneers reserve the right to refuse cheques and under no circumstances will cheques be accepted and Lots released prior to clearance of said cheque unless by prior agreement with the Auctioneer.
Any person damaging any Lots as a result of handling or inspecting them or through their being on the premises prior, during or after any sales shall be liable to pay for said damaged Lots at the reserve amount or hammer price. The cost of damage will be borne by the person causing it.
9. Payment to Vendors
This will be by way os BACS or cheque once clearance of received payment or within two weeks of sale closing. A Lot sold but not paid for by the Purchaser for whatever reason will not result in the Vendor being paid out. The item will be relisted in the following sale or returned to the Vendor and the non-paying purchaser may be unable to bid at any future Auctions run by the Auctioneer.
All payments will be in sterling.
10. Collection of Goods
Collection of all goods must be within 5 days at latest from the end of the auction unless by prior agreement. Otherwise Lots will be stored at £10 per week or part thereof per Lot
All goods without fail shall be paid for within 72 hours of auction end unless by prior arrangements with the Auctioneer.
Payment can be by cash on collection, cheque, debit or credit card, the latter of which will incur a 2.5% surcharge.
12. Warrant of Title
All goods entered for sale are at the owners risk. All goods entered are declared as being the property of the Vendor or the Vendor has permission or right to sell.
Reserve prices must be clearly marked on the entry form and the Vendor accepts the Auctioneer has discretion to sell at 10% less than reserve price, known as Auctioneers discretion.
Unsold goods will be re-entered in the next auction with no reserve or collected by the Vendor within 7 days. Failure to collect within 7 days will incur storage charges as listed above.
13. Vendors fees
Sellers will pay 15% of the hammer price of each Lot that sells where applicable.
Minimum payout will be £2.
The Auctioneers encourage any documentation or written receipt of authenticity to be entered with each Lot if available.
All help and questions from Vendors will be answered quickly and in confidence as we pride ourselves on being known as Fair, Friendly, Honest and Reliable.
Any questions or queries from Vendors regarding sales procedure or Auction etiquette will be answered quickly and confidentially via Oceansglobal@sky.com or by phoning 07507891837.
We offer an online bidding service via easyliveauction.com for bidders who cannot attend the sale.
Please note that any lots purchased via easyliveauction.com live auction service will be subject to an additional 3% commission charge + VAT at the rate imposed on the hammer price or no commission for the internet bidding if the ‘Flat Fee’ has been chosen at registration.
1. We are pleased to offer a pack and wrap postal service for smaller items sent tracker delivery. Please contact us at 07507891837 or Oceansglobal@sky.com for a quote as the price depends on size, quantity and weight of final parcel.
We will not post
Weapons of any description
Should you accept the postage of breakables. PLEASE NOTE we accept no liability for damage or loss in the postal system but will do our best to secure wrap and package everything sent.
2. For larger items we have an all Ireland and U.K. courier service offering very competitive rates inclusive of full insurance, again please contact us for a quote on 07507891837 or Oceansglobal@sky.com
3. We also welcome collection in person or by your own courier via appointment
4. We offer shipping worldwide through a local company who take care of all paperwork and customs clearance etc.
5. We accept no responsibility in packaging or transporting goods from our auction via your own courier. Once the item is in their possession it becomes their responsibility and they will be asked to sign for goods before leaving the premises
6. Without exception all goods require payment in full, cleared funds, before leaving the premises.