Terms & Conditions of Sale
1. Commission is charged at the rate of 15% (with a minimum of £1 per lot for buyers) on the hammer price of each lot plus £1.00 per lot entry fee.
2. Items presented or collected for sale will be entered in the first available sale, but may be held over, at the Auctioneers discretion, until space or a suitable sale is available.
3. All descriptions, reserves and estimates are at the Auctioneers discretion.
4. Payments to vendors will be released on the Tuesday after the sale (this is the 5th day following the sale). This enables all the payments for goods sold to be paid in and any working order items to be checked prior to payment. Postal and electronic payments can be made on request.
6. Items not in compliance with current Legislation or deemed unsalable or counterfeit will not be accepted.
7. The auctioneers act as agent for the vendor and reserve the right to bid on their behalf.
8. Each vendor will supply their name, address, telephone number and sign the Auctioneers entry form.
9. Mains gas appliances are not sold by the Auctioneers.
10. Storage charges of £1 per day per item will be applied when unsold goods are not collected by 12pm on Saturday following the sale (unless a prior arrangement has been made).
11. All unsold items not collected within 14 days after the sale will be disposed of at a charge of £10 and/or will become the property of Keighley Auction House.
Buyers Terms & Conditions of Purchase
1. The Purchaser to be the highest bidder who will pay the hammer price plus a premium of 15% per lot.
2. All items are SOLD AS SEEN, descriptions and pictures are simply a guide.
3. Each purchaser shall register with the Auctioneers giving their Name, Address and Telephone number and one form of ID.
4. All purchases must be paid for, in full, and no lots may be removed until such payments have cleared.
5. Payments are accepted in Cash or Card. Alternatively, payments can be made by bank transfer (but must be confirmed at point of payment before lots are removed from the sale room).
6. The Auctioneers act as agents for the Vendor and reserve the right to bid on their behalf on lots offered subject to reserve.
7. Commission bids are accepted by the Auctioneers who undertake to purchase the lots on the bidder’s behalf at the best advantage. Lots purchased by absent buyers will be consigned at the Auctioneers earliest convenience at packing and postage charges to be agreed. Invoice for lots to be posted will be sent in two separate invoices. Firstly, the item must be paid for and once ready to post the postage invoice will be issued and this must be paid before the item is despatched.
8. All electrical appliances are not tested by the auction house and we cannot guarantee them to be in working order. If the catalogue states that they are working, the purchaser has 24 hours to return the goods and a full refund will be given.
9. If items are not collected and paid for by 4pm on the Sunday following the sale buyers may face being suspended from bidding at future auctions.
10. In the case of a dispute the lot may be re-offered at the discretion of the Auctioneer who shall be the sole arbitrator.
11. If payment is not received by Sunday at 4pm a fee will be added to the bill of 5% per item per day.
12. If goods are not collected from the auction house within the Terms and Conditions stipulated, storage charges of £1 per day per item will be applied for goods uncollected (unless arranged prior to purchase).
14. After 14 days if the goods purchased are not collected, they become the property of Keighley Auctions House. The buyer is still responsible for the payment of their invoice.
OUR STORAGE POLICY
All items purchased or sold at auction must be removed from the auction house by 4pm on a Sunday following the sale.
Storage charges are charged at £1 per day per item commencing at 12am on the Monday following the sale.
Storage charges are charged 7 days per week.
After 14 days, if items remain uncollected, they will become the property of Keighley Auction House. If Keighley Auction House has to dispose of any unsold items an applicable disposal fee will apply - disposal fee is charged at £10 per item.
Keighley Auction House will then issue an invoice to the customer for the storage charges which must be paid within 7 days to avoid legal proceedings.
If you use our House Clearance or Collection service, the above storage policy does not apply.
USE AND STORAGE OF CUSTOMER DATA
The information captured about our customers is name, address and contact details including email. This information is stored on an electronic back office system.
Keighley Auction House do not share any of our customer personal information with any third parties and simply use it to process receipts of purchasing and selling history.
Printed receipts of customer transactions are securely stored by Keighley Auction House for 7 years during this time HMRC have the right to view any of this paperwork for their purposes.
All customers have the right to request the removal of their data from our system. If any customers have any queries or concerns about the use and storage of their data, please contact us.
By signing the registration document to register as a customer, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions as set out above.
We offer a postage and packing service on small items. Please contact the auction house for further details. We offer a LOCAL delivery service within the West Yorkshire region only. Contact the auction house for a quotation.
For shipping of large goods please arrange your own courier or collection of the items yourself, all items need to be paid for and removed from the auction by 4pm on the Sunday after the sale.
Storage charges of £1 per day per item can be incurred if arrangements are not made.
We cannot ship weapons or guns as they are not legally allowed to be sent. These items are collection only when purchased.
We can deliver locally for a fee.
Items cannot be shipped outside of the UK.