Persons attend the Auction Site and Premises at their own risk and neither the Vendor nor the Auctioneer will be individually or collectively responsible for any loss or damage howsoever occasioned to any person or property which may be present on the Auction Site or Premises for any purpose whatsoever.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
The following Special Conditions of Sale together with the Important Notes and the usual Conditions of Sale on display at the Auctioneer’s Enquiry Office shall govern the sale of each Lot at the Auction and any person making a bid which is accepted by the Auctioneers shall in consideration of such acceptance be deemed to be bound thereby.
1. The highest bidder shall be the Purchaser. If any dispute arises between the bidders, the Auctioneers may at their discretion decide the dispute OR immediately put up and re-offer for sale Lot or Lots in dispute. In either event the decision of the Auctioneer shall be final and binding on all Parties.
2. All Lots must be paid for on the day of Sale and must be removed within 2 days unless otherwise specified by the Auctioneer.
3. In the event of any Lot or Lots not being paid for on the day of Sale or not being removed within the period allowed, the Auctioneer shall immediately thereafter be at liberty to rescind the Contact and without notice to the Purchaser to resell such Lot or Lots by Public Auction or Private Sale.
In the event of such resale any loss or damage (including storage charges) suffered by
the Vendor shall be forthwith recoverable from the Purchaser by the Vendor.
4. The risk in each Lot shall pass to the Purchaser on the fall of the hammer but the ownership of each Lot shall remain vested in the Vendor and the Purchaser shall not be entitled to remove and Lot until payment in full has been made for each and every Lot purchased by him/her at the Sale.
5. The Purchaser shall be responsible for any damage occasioned to any adjoining or other Lots or to the premises by the removal of his/her Lots and shall repair the same either before the removal of the Lots from the Auction Site or after such removal as the Vendor may desire or shall pay the estimated cost of so doing fixed by the Vendor or the Auctioneer on his/her behalf whose decision shall be binding on the Purchaser.
6. The Purchaser shall forthwith be responsible for any loss or damage to any person or property resulting from the removal of his/her Lot or Lots and shall indemnify the Vendor and the Auctioneers against any liability therefore whether or not such damage was caused by the negligence of the Purchaser his/her employees or Agents.
7. The Vendor reserves the right to offer and Lot for Sale subject to a reserve price and either the Vendor or the Auctioneer on his/her behalf shall be entitled to bid up to such reserve price. The Vendor or the Auctioneer on his/her behalf may without disclosing any reserve price withdraw from the Sale any Lot before it has been sold. Should the Auctioneers in any circumstances sell any Lot under a reserve price they shall be at liberty to cancel the sale even if the Lot has been paid for and release has been given and upon refund of the purchase price (if paid) neither the Vendor nor the Auctioneer shall be under any further liability whatsoever to the Purchaser.
8. The Lots are sold as they lie with all faults errors or mis-statements of description measurement weight quantity quality numbered or otherwise (whether of a substantial nature or not). The Purchaser shall be deemed to have inspected the Lot he / she buys and if he / she buys without previous inspection he / she shall do so at his / her risk. No oral or written representation made prior to the or at the time of the sale of any Lots shall be deemed to be incorporated in such sale nor to have induced any Purchaser to bid therefore. The Lots are not sold by sample but in any case a sample shall be displayed it shall be on the understanding that the Contract of Sale shall contain no implied condition or warranty as to quality or fitness or otherwise or that the Lots are free from any defects rendering them merchantable or are reasonably fit for the purpose for which they are purchased.
PLACE OF SALE: The Sale will be held upon the premises OAKHAM AUCTION CENTRE, 16b Pillings Road, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6QF.
VIEWING: Lots may be viewed at the time stated on the Catalogue cover.
SPECIAL BANKING ARRANGEMENTS: Prospective Purchasers may avoid the necessity of carrying large sums of cash by requesting from their Bankers a letter of assurance not exceeding a particular amount addressed to Oakham Auction Centre, 16B Pillings Road, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6QF. Cheques can then be accepted up to the limit of such credit. THIS SHOULD BE ARRANGED IN WRITING PRIOR TO THE SALE BY THE PROSEPECTIVE PURCHASER.
PAYMENT: ALL LOTS MUST BE PAID FOR ON SALE DAY. Payment is by bank transfer, cash, debit card or cheque ONLY.
INSTRUCTIONS TO BID: The Auctioneers will be pleased to accept without any liability to the Vendors or to themselves and subject to Conditions of Sale, instructions to bid for buyers unable to attend the Sale. No fees are charged for this service but instructions to bid must be in writing.
VALUE ADDED TAX: No V.A.T will be charged on any Lots unless stated in the catalogue.
COMMISSION: A Buyer’s Premium of 20%+V.A.T will be charged in addition to the purchase price.