1. O’Reilly’s successful bidders will pay a premium of 16% (incl. 23% VAT) on the hammer price. On-line bidders using easyliveauction.com have a choice of paying £3 sterling per auction at registration or can pay an extra 3.69% (inclusive of Vat) totalling 19.69% on the hammer price. This option is available at registration only for each auction with easyliveauction.com and cannot be changed by the auction house thereafter.
2. Please Note we will only accept bank transfers as payment from online transactions unless prior arrangements are made to pay and collect in person. Bank details will be sent to successful bidders and are available upon request from firstname.lastname@example.org or 00 353 1 453 0311.
3. We use tracked insured post for lots up to €3,000 to Ireland & Great Britain. Most lots will weigh under 500 grams and cost €15 to Ireland, €20 to Great Britain and you can add this to your payment. Any and all import tariffs + VAT to non-EU countries are the buyers responsibility.
4. Whilst O'Reilly’s is reasonably satisfied that all such descriptions are correct, no responsibility can be assumed if subsequent unsetting and testing disproves these opinions.
Before the Auction
1. Unless previously registered, each Bidder must register beforehand with O’Reilly’s or through easyliveauction.com by supplying their name, address, phone and email, together with suitable identification/references on request
2. Bidders must obtain a bidding number and paddle at reception prior to the auction
3. Commission bids can be made by registered bidders by phone or email up to 12.00 on auction day.
4. Whilst every care has been taken in preparing the catalogue, bidders are deemed to have inspected the lots in person, before the auction
5. Neither the Vendor nor the Auctioneer are responsible for any representation or statement in the catalogue (printed or online), as to origin, date, age, attribution, genuineness, condition, provenance, authenticity, defaults, faults defects or any errors of description on any lots.
During the Auction
6. The Auctioneer reserves the right to control the bidding and to refuse and/or reinstate any bids
7. The Auctioneer has the right to bid on behalf of the vendor in the case of a reserve. Lots may be withdrawn, divided or grouped at the discretion of the Auctioneer
8. Subject to the discretion of the Auctioneer, at the fall of the hammer, the successful Bidder enters a firm contract to purchase the Lot and become the Buyer of that Lot.
After the Auction
9. The Purchase price paid by the Buyer is the hammer price plus the Buyer’s fee of 16% (including VAT) and online bidders will pay a total of 19.69% (incl. VAT)
10. Buyers must pay for their lots by debit card, cash, bank transfer, cash or cheque by prior arrangement, but no credit cards. (Debit cards have a daily limit unless prior arrangement is made with your bank)
11. All lots must be paid for in full before collection or postage can be arranged
12. If payment is not completed within 10 days, any lots purchased by the Buyer may be sold by the Auctioneer and any costs or shortfall must be paid by the Buyer.
13. We use tracked insured post for lots up to €3,000 to Ireland & Great Britain. Most lots will weigh under 500 grams and cost €15 to Ireland, €20 to Great Britain and you can add this to your payment.
Additional Terms & Conditions for Online Bidding
O’Reilly’s Auction Rooms 1948 Ltd offers an online bidding service via easyliveauction.com for bidders who are not attending the sale.
In completing the bidder registration on easyliveauction.com and providing your debit card details
1. You authorise O’Reilly’s Auction Rooms, if they so wish, to charge the debit card given in part or full payment, including all fees, for items successfully purchased in the auction via easyliveaction.com, and
2. You confirm that you are authorised to provide these card details to O’Reilly’s Auction Rooms through easyliveaction.com and agree that O’Reilly’s Auction Rooms are entitled to ship the goods to the card holder name and card holder address provided in fulfilment of the sale.
3. Please note that any lots purchased via easyliveaction.com live auction service will be subject to an additional charge of either £3 sterling per auction upon registration OR 3% + 23% VAT commission charge. This 3% + 23% VAT is added to the buyer's commission of 16% (inclusive of 23% VAT). So on-line bidders using easyliveaction.com pay a total of 19.69% on the hammer price.
All dimensions and estimated weights of gemstones have been determined without removing the stones from the setting the stones are in, therefore, only approximate because of limitations imposed by the mount. The weights are normally calculated by applying standard formulae to the measurements taken. Calculated weight: This term is used when all three dimensions have been used to calculate the weight. Estimated weight: This term is used when one or more of the dimensions could not be measured.
Diamond quality grade assessments, which are approximate, are based on comparison with known stones. The elements that comprise the grade can be estimated only, because of limitations imposed by the mount.
Gemmological descriptions are based on testing carried out by standard gemmological equipment without unsetting the stones. Whilst O'Reilly’s is reasonably satisfied that all such descriptions are correct, no responsibility can be assumed if subsequent unsetting and testing disproves these opinions.
Any article which incorporates pearls has been valued according to the opinion expressed, i.e. cultured, natural. Unless otherwise stated, none have been subjected to testing by X-ray to confirm this opinion.
We use tracked insured post for lots up to €3,000 to Ireland & Great Britain. Most lots will weigh under 500 grams and cost €15 to Ireland, €20 to Great Britain and you can add this to your payment. Any and all import tariffs + VAT to non-EU countries are the buyers responsibility.