1. The highest bidder is in due time to be the purchaser, and no persons shall retract a bid. The advance on each lot shall be determined by the Auctioneers (Chorley Auction House Ltd), who reserve the right of refusing any bid, and of altering, adding to, dividing, consolidating or withdrawing any lot or lots at the sale. Chorley Auction House are the sole arbitrators of any dispute with regard to any matter connected to the sale and their decision shall be binding on all parties.
2. Lots are sold as shown with all faults, imperfections and errors of description and lack of authenticity. Neither Chorley Auction House nor the vendor shall give any warranty to the buyer in respect of any lot or be liable for any fault or error of description or lack of genuineness or authenticity of any lot. All statements as to items sold, whether made in catalogues, during the course of the auction or otherwise are statements of opinion only and are not and shall not be taken to statements or representations of fact. Electrical items are tested where possible for SAFETY purposes and full working condition cannot be warranted on second user goods.
3. Chorley Auction House will be pleased to execute bids free of charge for any registered clients unable to attend the sale. Commission bid forms are available upon request. Commissions for the same amount on any one lot will be executed in order of receipt.
4. Chorley Auction House act solely as agents and shall not be responsible for any default by either the buyer or seller or for action or claim which may arise in respect of any lot.
5. The purchase price shall be the hammer price together with any applicable charge due and a 18%* buyer’s premium with a Minimum of £1.00*.
6. All bidders and purchasers must register with Chorley Auction House giving their full name and address. A one off registration fee of £3.00 is payable and for this we will issue you with a permanent number you can use every time you attend.
7. All lots purchased become the risk and responsibility of the purchaser from the point the hammer falls. And all lots must be taken away with all faults, defects and errors of any description without power to dispute.
8. Payment must be made in full before any lots can be removed. All lots must be Paid for and removed by 12pm on the Thursday following the auction if payment is not made Chorley Auction House will Process Payment from Card details held by Easylive and then a storage charge of 5% will be applied. Payment can be made by Cash, Debit card, Bank Transfer, Online Payment or Credit card. Sorry we do not accept Cheques or AMEX.
9. Proof of payment must be shown before any lot can be removed, Chorley Auction House can deliver your purchase but a Minimum delivery charge of £10.00 will apply.
10. By making a bid the buyer acknowledges his acceptance of these terms and conditions and shall be bound by them.
Link to Our Full Terms & Conditions https://www.chorleyauctionhouse.co.uk/buying/
Chorley Auction House is operated by Chorley Auction House Ltd who also act as Auctioneers.
PLEASE NOTE WE NOW ONLY SHIP IN THE UK- BUT CAN PROVIDE A PACKING SERVICE ON REQUEST FOR ALL NON UK CUSTOMERS
All packages will be sent uninsured at the buyers risk, quotes for insurance can be provided upon request but will not cover prohibited items and risk still remains with the buyer We will endeavour to dispatch within 3 Business working days after receiving cleared funds, we charge a standard packing charge on a Rising Scale as Follows.
1kg to 2 kg £3 per Parcel
2kg to 5 kg £5 per Parcel
5kg to 10kg £8 per Parcel
10kg to 15kg £10 per Parcel
15kg to 30kg £15 per Parcel
Then Carriage / Postage at cost, Buyer will assume all responsibility for any Shipped lots, Buyers are welcome to arrange their own courier, for which our packing fees will apply.
*Any Parcel containing Full or Part Tea-sets will incur an additional charge for packing dependant upon the number of pieces - please enquire price before bidding *
We will assume that all customers are collecting and invoices will be sent out excluding any carriage charge.
Shipping invoices must be settled with 7 days after issue , failure to do so will result in the items being back up for auction and any outstanding fees will be deducted from the monies due back to the Customer
Any Customer wishing to have items sent please pay Invoice on receipt and we will then pack Goods for shipping and Inform Buyer of Final Packing and Postage Charge
If customers have any special delivery requirements or are looking to purchase large items of furniture please contact us prior to auction for quotation.
Items can ONLY be returned at the Auctioneers discretion and are done so at the cost of the buyer