Infodial Limited are referred to as Infodial Limited throughout these Terms of Business. The representative of Infodial limited conducting the auction is referred to as the “Auctioneer”
2. Attribution and Condition of Lots
Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of any statement as to, origin, date, age, provenance and condition of any lot whether or not such statement forms part of the description of any such lot. Whether any such statement is made orally or in the catalogue it is an expression of opinion given after careful consideration and research.
Each buyer by making a bid for a lot acknowledges that they have satisfied themselves fully as to the attribution and condition of the lot. No warranty or guarantees are given.
Any dispute not herein proved for shall be settled at the sole discretion of Infodial Limited.
The Auctioneers have the right to divide any lot, to combine any two or more lots together or to withdraw any lot or lots from sale, regulate the bidding, refuse bids or cancel the sale without giving any notice or reason whatsoever.
4. The Buyer
The highest bidder above the reserve will be acknowledged as the buyer by the Auctioneer. If any dispute arises, the Auctioneer shall have absolute discretion to settle the matter or place the lot up again for sale. Ownership in each lot shall not pass to the Bidder until full payment has been made (in cleared funds) of all sums due to the Vendor and the Auctioneers pursuant to these Conditions.
Buyers will be required to register prior to bidding.
6. Buyer’s Premium
A buyers premium of 20% of the hammer price is payable on each lot.
The Premium is NOT negotiable and is payable by ALL purchasers.
Payment is due immediately after the receipt of your Invoice in £ Sterling. Telephone payments are not accepted. A bank payment or Bank Transfer is the only available option for payment. Personal cheques are acceptable, but will require a longer time to process. All payments must be cleared through our bank account before the lots can be released/posted.
In accordance with Money Laundering Regulations 2017 Infodial Ltd will no longer accept single cash payments exceeding £8800 (€10000)
8. Collection of Lots
All lots shall be removed within one week of the sale unless prior arrangement has been agreed with The Auctioneers. Items not collected shall be liable for storage charges at £1.00 per day. Neither the Auctioneers nor any third party shall be responsible for any damage, theft or loss occurring during this period. All items stored by the Auctioneers shall be at the risk of the Bidder.
9. Shipment of Goods
All goods must be paid for and will be dispatched, using Special Deliver Royal Mail, or Fedex, whichever is deemed to be the most suitable, based on Value. Shipping is at cost plus a small packing charge, and will be added to the invoice, unless collection is arranged by prior appointment.
10. The vendor warrants to the Auctioneer and to the Bidder that he/she is the true owner of the lot or is properly authorised to sell the lot by the true owner and is able to transfer the goods and marketable title to the lot free from any third party claims, liens or encumbrances.
11. The Vendor warrants to the Auctioneers and the Bidder that the goods as described and in particular as to the provenance and condition. The Vendor further warrants that any damage or non working parts have been fully declared to the Auctioneers and that the Vendor has provided the Auctioneers with all the information the Vendor has concerning the provenance of the property.
12. The Auctioneers act throughout as agents only and are not responsible for any default by either the Vendor or the Bidder. The Auctioneers shall not be liable for paying the Vendor until they have received settlement in full (in cleared funds) of all sums due from the Bidder.
13. A vendor who enters a lot or lots for auction which are an asset of his/her business must disclose to the Auctioneers whether or not they are registered for Value Added Tax, at the current rate.
14. The vendor shall be entitled to place prior to the sale a reserve on any lot, being the minimum hammer price at which the said lot may be treated as sold. Where a reserve has been placed the auctioneer may bid on behalf of the vendor.
15. A “sale entry / internet marketing” charge of £5-00 (VAT inclusive) will be applied to all unsold lots, on each sale offering. The auctioneers shall remit the proceeds of the sale to the Vendor (subject to the deduction of all sums i.e. commissions and charges, due from the Vendor to the Auctioneers) no later than three weeks after receiving payment in full from the Bidder. In the event of the lots remaining unsold the vendor shall be liable to pay the Auctioneer the above “sale entry / internet marketing” charge on each lot.
16. The Auctioneers do not undertake the collection of goods but shall however if desired instruct a contractor on the Vendors behalf and at his expense. The Auctioneers shall not be liable for any damage, loss, or unauthorised removal of goods and for any damage to premises by such contractors.
17. The Auctioneer shall not be liable for any lots delivered to their premises without sale instruction.
18. The Vendor will indemnify the Auctioneers, its servants and agents and the Bidder against any loss or damage suffered by either in consequence of any breach of clause 15 and/ or 16 above or otherwise of these Conditions on the part of the Vendor.
19. Any sums due, but unpaid, by the Vendor or the Bidder pursuant to these conditions shall carry interest (as well as after judgment) at the rate of 2% above Bank of Scotland plc base rate from time to time from the due date until payment, such interest to be compounded monthly.
20. A withdrawal fee of £25 will be charged on items withdrawn once catalogued.
21. These terms and conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with English Law and any dispute or action that may arise shall be dealt with in accordance with English Law in an English Court.
ALL ITEMS MUST BE PAID FOR IN FULL BEFORE A QUOTATION CAN BE ARRANGED.
If you cannot collect your items on the day of the auction, do not worry, we are happy to keep them for you until the end of the week. Collection in person is available from our offices by prior arrangement.
We can offer postage on items of a small and non-fragile nature.
Our minimum charge is £12.50 for Royal Mail Special Delivery service. 1kg – 2kg £20, 2Kg- 10kg £40, with compensation up to £2,500.
Single Lots value up to £50 Royal Mail Signed For £5.
Rest of the World we use Royal Mail International Tracked and Signed ( under 2kgs 30x30x30cms )
Parcels value up to £100 weight up to 5kgs From £15 ( Maximum Size 23x15x15cms )
Parcel up to 10kgs value up to £1000 From £35
Parcel up to 20kgs value up to £1000 From £45
Republic of Ireland up to 30kgs value up to £1000 From £30
(for multiple lots please add £2 per lot)
Using your own courier we must have full details and a signature before we release any goods.
ALL Correspondence can be made through the online checkout system at the bottom of your invoice including an email messaging facility and updates when your parcel leaves the premises
Any questions please go via the 'email us' button on the bottom of your invoice we sent you to speed the process up.
The sooner you pay the sooner our in team will pack and dispatch the lots.
We aim to dispatch your parcels within 5-7 working days after receipt of payment.
Where insurance is arranged on behalf of the bidder, this will be in accordance with the terms and conditions provided by the shipper. The bidder accepts that The Auctioneers accept no liability whatsoever for any damage or loss of items by the shipper, but should such a loss occur The Auctioneers will submit a claim on behalf of the bidder if required. The bidder accepts that any liability for loss damage or otherwise ceases as soon as the Auctioneer has delivered to or released to the shipper.