1. The bidding will be regulated by the Auctioneer, subject to the Vendor's reserve (if any). No bid shall be retracted. If any dispute should arise between two or more bidders the Auctioneer may determine the dispute at their own discretion and their decision shall be final. Bude Auctions reserve the right to refuse the bid of any person without being called upon to give reason for such action.
2. All lots are believed to be described correctly but cannot be guaranteed to be so, and no compensation shall be allowed for any error, should such exist, regarding the quantity, quality or otherwise of the respective lots. A warranty is given on domestic electrical items as stated in condition 18 (b) and (c) and all other lots shall be deemed to be examined by the purchaser and bought as found.
3. Bude Auctions will not be responsible for any accident or injury to persons or property through fire or any other causes whatsoever, nor for any damage caused prior to, during or after the Sale.
4. All lots are entered under the Vendor’s ownership until, at the fall of the hammer, they become the responsibility of the purchaser. Title, however, does not pass until full payment is received by Bude Auctions. In the event of any default in payment by any purchaser, Bude Auctions reserves the right to offer the items to the underbidder (subject to any reserve applicable) and to amend the hammer price accordingly. Should Bude Auctions fail in this, the item(s) will be returned to the Vendor.
5. All lots whether sold or unsold must be removed from the saleroom by 1pm on the Wednesday following the sale unless alternative arrangements have been made with Bude Auctions. Failure to observe this condition may result in storage and/or disposal charges being levied.
6. Bude Auctions reserve the right to:
(a) Refuse any item
(b) Sell items in Lots as they see fit
(c) Make charges to cover costs incurred while handling goods or through non-compliance with these conditions.
7. Items for sale may be brought to the Saleroom at any time during opening hours in a "Non-Sale week" Entries for Sales are accepted (space permitting) from the time shown in advertisements.
8. Unsold lots may not be removed from the Saleroom without first obtaining authorisation from Bude Auctions
(a) A lotting fee will be charged of £1.00 per item with a minimum of £5.00 paid as a non-returnable deposit
(b) Commission will be charged at the rate of 17%. Special terms are available for trade entries.
(c) Any item withdrawn by the Vendor after cataloguing will be charged at £1.00 per lot to a maximum of £15.00 per vendor
10 . PAYMENT:
Payment for goods sold will normally be made by cheque within 3 weeks after the Sale date providing Bude Auctions have received payment for the said goods.
11. All purchasers are reminded that in bidding for any item they are deemed to have read and accepted these conditions of sale
12. Each lot, at the fall of the hammer, shall be considered as delivered and remain at the absolute risk of the respective purchaser.
13. All lots purchased shall be paid for by 1pm on the Wednesday following the sale unless other arrangements have been made with Bude Auctions. No lots shall be removed from the Sale premises unless a receipt has been obtained from Bude Auctions.
14. Purchasers removing lots will be held responsible for any damage caused to persons or property.
15. A buyer’s premium of 17% will be charged on all lots purchased.
16. Any Purchasers' Bills not paid by 1.00 pm on the Wednesday following the Sale will be subject to a 2% surcharge immediately, followed by an increase of 1% per week or part week commencing one week later unless prior arrangements have been made.
17. Commission bids may be left with Bude Auctions. Bidders are asked to observe all these Conditions and to contact the Auctioneers by noon on the Monday following the Sale.
18. ELECTRICAL ITEMS
(a) Electrical items will be accepted subject to passing a safety test performed by Bude Auctions nominated Electrician. There will be a fee for this test as shown in the Saleroom. Any item failing this test will be withdrawn from the Sale and becomes the responsibility of the Vendor to remove from the saleroom according to Condition 6. If any item is in need of any expendable parts (e.g. bulbs, blades, etc) or routine maintenance (e.g. cleaning, sharpening etc) at the time of entry, this must be clearly stated on a notice attached to the item together with any faults of which the vendor is aware.
(b) Any electrical fault discovered on an item marked "WORKING ORDER" must be reported by the Purchaser no later than 2.00pm on the Monday following the Sale. The item will then be considered for refund at the discretion of Torridge Auctions or, with the agreement of the Purchaser and Vendor, the item may be repaired at the Vendor's expense. The Vendor will be notified of any item for which a refund is made and the hammer price of the item will be deducted from the payment cheque. This condition does not extend to any visible defects (e.g. missing knobs, cracked cases etc), expendable parts (e.g. bulbs, blades etc) or routine maintenance (e.g. cleaning, sharpening etc).
(c) Any item demonstrated in working order at the time of sale will be deemed to have been bought as such and no refund or repair will subsequently be allowed.
(d) Some items of equipment are believed to be in working order but cannot be fully tested (e.g. plumbed-in appliances) and are sold without warranty.
(e) Any item marked "SOLD AS SEEN" carries no warranty.
19. GAS COOKING APPLIANCES are not accepted
20. UPHOLSTERED ITEMS These can only be accepted if they comply with the current Fire Safety Regulations and display relevant labels. Exception is made for antique items.