1. Buyers will be charged a premium at 25% of the final hammer price. Additional charges apply to online bidding. Full terms & conditions are available on the relevant websites.
2. All buyers will be invoiced within 24 hours of the end of the auction. Payment is required within 24 hours of invoicing. All funds must be cleared before goods are released.
3.We request that all purchases are collected immediately after the sale. If you require us to store the items for you, this can be arranged for a fee with a member of staff.
4. Only following payment (cleared funds) and collection of the purchased item(s) is the purchase contract deemed to be completed. It is the responsibility of the buyer to ensure both payment and collection are arranged in a period of time following the sale date of no more than 14 days.
5. Should the buyer be unable to conform, they must obtain approval prior to purchase.
6. Talat Auctions reserves the right to charge for storage and associated costs for non-payment/collection that exceed the 14 day allowance. Storage charges will be levied at a rate of £5.00 per lot per day. All amounts accrued up to the date of collection must be paid before goods are released.
7. If the buyer has failed to collect within a period of 28 days (from sale date), Talat Auctions reserves the right to re-enter the uncollected items through auction, to recover the cost of storage and associated costs. At this time the buyer relinquishes all claims to ownership and any right to financial compensation.
8. Whilst we seek to describe lots accurately, it may be impractical for us to carry out exhaustive due diligence on each lot. Prospective buyers are given ample opportunities to view and inspect before any sale and they (and any independent experts on their behalf) must satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of any description applied to a lot. Prospective buyers also bid on the understanding that, inevitably, representations or statements by us as to authorship, genuineness, origin, date, age, provenance, condition or estimated selling price involve matters of opinion. We undertake that any such opinion shall be honestly and reasonably held. Subject to the foregoing neither we the Auctioneer nor our employees or agents nor the seller accept liability for the correctness of such opinions and all conditions and warranties, whether relating to description, condition or quality of lots, express, implied or statutory, are hereby excluded. a) Chinese, Japanese & Oriental Works of Art catalogued without specific confirmation of age & authenticity, are sold as replicas or decorative items only and not as authentic antiques, irrespective of any subsequent markings on the item in question, for example 'A Chinese Porcelain Bowl bearing Kangxi marks to base'. b) Any lots catalogued as yellow metal, prospective buyers are aware we have not carried out any form of testing on the items and are sold as such as replica's or decorative items only, with no intrinsic precious metal value.
It is the responsibility of buyers to familiarise themselves with our Terms & Conditions before entering into a legal contract.