1. Purchasers will be deemed:
a) To have inspected their lots prior to the sale
b) Accept that lots are sold with faults or imperfections, specifically mentioned or not, irrespective of whether they bid in person, by commission or by agent.
2. All goods are second hand and sold without warranty.
3. Catalogue descriptions are matters of opinion only and shall not be taken to be statements of fact.
4. Callans acts only as an agent for the seller and reserve the following rights:
a) To sell an item to a reserve price.
b) To bid on behalf of a vendor and/or purchasers.
c) To refuse any bid.
d) To rearrange, consolidate, divide, add or withdraw any lots in the sale.
e) To exclude any person from the premises if there is good reason for doing so.
5. The purchaser shall be the highest bidder acceptable to Callans and Callans shall have absolute discretion to settle any dispute.
6. At the fall of the hammer the purchaser is required to give his/her paddle number. If a bid is on behalf of another person, company or organisation he should make this clear to the auctioneer at the time or he will be held personally liable for the purchase under the terms of conditions.
7. Upon the sale of a lot, the purchaser shall pay to Callans, within 5 days, the hammer price plus a buyer’s premium of 20% together with VAT at the standard rate (20%) on the buyer’s premium. e.g. hammer price £10 – total price £12.40.
8. No transfer of lots or sub sale by any purchaser will be recognised by Callans, purchasers shall remain liable under these conditions.
9. All lots will be the purchasers risk from the fall of the hammer. Purchasers are therefore advised to check they have adequate insurance cover.
10. For purchasers not present we no longer accept any card payments – credit or debit cards. All payments must be made by Bank Transfer or Bankers Draft. Our bank details will be attached to all invoices. Payment must be made within five working days.
11. All lots must be cleared from the premises at the purchasers expense within five working days.
12. If a purchaser fails either to pay or to collect goods, Callans shall without notice to the purchaser, be entitled to:
a) Resell the lots by public or private sale, any deficiency from resale will be paid to Callans by the purchaser and any surplus shall belong to the seller.
b) Store lots at £5 per lot per week and release lots only after payment in full including all costs in connection with the lot.
13. Artist Resale Right: If a lot is affected by this right it will be identified with the symbol ARR next to the lot number. The buyer agrees to pay to Callan’s an amount equal to the resale royalty and we will pay such amount to the artist’s collecting agent. Resale royalty applies where the Hammer Price is 1,000 Euro or more and the amount cannot be more than 12,500 Euro per lot.
It is the customers responsibility to arrange the uplift and delivery of purchases after the auction.
Thomas R Callan are not able to provide a postage and packing service, however Callan’s can offer a limited discretionary postal option on small items e.g., jewellery, coins and non-breakable items. A charge will be made for this service, please contact us for further details.
Overseas buyers and purchasers of fragile items should make their own arrangements. We recommend using the professional packing and courier service provided by Mail Boxes Ayr, 4 Fullerton Street, Ayr, KA7 1UB www.mbe.co.uk/ayr, telephone 01292 618 600.
For paintings and art work we recommend Aardvark Art Services, www.aardvarkartservices.com, telephone 01253 794 673.
For larger items including furniture we recommend Alban Shipping. They provide collection and deliveries throughout the UK on their weekly round Britain van service. Alban Shipping also offer a professional packing and worldwide shipping service. Alban Shipping +44(0) 1582 493 099 email: email@example.com , telephone +44(0) 1582 493 099 www.albanshipping.com