General and Collectables. ** MORE LOTS AND PICTURES TO BE ADDED **
Blackpool Auction House,149 Dickson Road, Blackpool Lancashire. rear of north shore diy ...Auction to take place on Thursday 25th May 2017 start time 10.30. You can join us here at the auction house or you can make a note of your lot and leave your bid here on line with easy live auctions.
If you would like a preview of the items our doors are open from 10am until 6pm Wednesday 24th May.
25th May 2017 from
(Lots 1 to 500)
Selling at auction
We hold auctions every Thursday of general house furnishings and contents, as well as regular specialist sales of antique furniture, paintings, ceramics, glassware, gold, silver, jewellery and collectors’ items including postcards, coins, toys and memorabilia.
We accept items brought down to the saleroom on a Monday, Tuesday, Friday or Saturday (by appointment) (see opening hours) We always have friendly and efficient staff on hand to give you assistance and book your items in.
If you would like a free pre-sale valuation of items you may wish to sell, please ring to make an appointment to Lyndsay and she will arrange. Alternatively you can email us or show us digital images beforehand. A reserve may be placed on your items if they are of particular value.
We can arrange to collect anything from single items of furniture to entire house contents using our reliable carrier and house clearance experts (there will be a charge for this service).
Conditions of acceptance of goods for auction:
• Goods will be entered in the appropriate auction as decided by the auctioneers. The proceeds of sale can be collected from eight days after each sale on a Thursday or Friday otherwise cheques will be sent within four weeks of the sale. There may be a delay in payment if items are not paid for by the buyer
? The Seller warrants to the auctioneers and to the buyer that he is the true owner of the goods or is properly authorised to sell the goods by the true owner and is able to transfer good title to the goods free from any third party claims. The Seller indemnifies the auctioneer and the buyer against any loss or damage suffered by either in consequence of any breach of this condition by the seller.
? All goods are put up for sale without reserve unless written instructions are agreed. Reserves will be adhered to within 10% auctioneers discretion. Unless otherwise agreed any goods failing to reach their reserve may be re-offered in a subsequent auction at the auctioneers discretion.
? Items withdrawn by a vendor prior to a sale may be subject to a fee of 25% of the expected selling price or reserve
All goods are put up for sale without reserve unless written instructions are agreed. Reserves will be adhered to within 10% auctioneers discretion. Unless otherwise agreed any goods failing to reach their reserve may be re-offered in a subsequent auction at the auctioneer’s discretion. When entering items for sale, vendors may ask us not to sell an item unless it reaches an agreed minimum price - this is called the 'Reserve'. It is Saleroom policy to offer lots for two sales at their reserve price. If items remain unsold after three sales, and are not collected by the vendor on the Friday following the second auction, they will be offered for a third sale at the Auctioneer's discretion and may be sold for less than the reserve price. It is the seller's responsibility to contact the salerooms to find out if items have sold.
* A charge may be applied to unsold lots if the vendor insists on an un-realistic reserve against the advice of the Auctioneer.
• An electrical testing fee will be charged
• The seller warrants all electrical and mechanical goods, unless otherwise agreed with the auctioneers, to be in working order or reasonably fit for their intended use. In the case of goods discovered after the sale not to conform to the above warranty, the auctioneers reserves the right to withhold payment to the seller and to resell or dispose of the goods subsequently without notification of the same to the seller.
• The auctioneers reserve the right to re-offer for sale on behalf of the seller any goods for which payment is not received through default of the buyer.
• The auctioneers reserves the right to re-offer, re-cycle or dispose of any items that fail to sell after 3 weeks, if seller fails to collect and has been notified by a member of staff , we are not a storage unit.( A charge for disposal may be made.)
• The seller hereby agrees to forfeit any interest that may be earned on proceeds of sale.
Buying at Auction
• Our saleroom accessible at the rear of north shore DIY on address at the top! we have selected parking and people may use the front street of north shore DIY on auction and viewing day, there is also the parking at the back of the Bromley hotel which we can have full access of on these days (just across from Blackpool Auction House. )You can find us here.
• If you are attending the sale please register at the office and give your name and details there is a one off £2 registration fee and you will remain the number for as long as you use the Auction House. You can buy the weekly sale Catalogues for £1.50 and are available on Wednesdays! Catalogues will be online prior to viewing. Pictures and news regarding items coming up for sale will also be posted .
• Look around making a note of the items you are interested in and feel free to ask for estimates. If you can’t attend the sale you may leave pre-sale bids at the office up to a maximum that you would be prepared to pay. Or over the telephone ,Bids will then be executed as cheaply as possible subject to other bids or reserves.
• You can collect items at two stages at the end of the sale on Thursday or on Fridays.
• Alternatively your purchases can be delivered by a carrier.( charges will apply)
Purchaser Conditions of Sale
1. The highest accepted bidder shall be the purchaser. If any dispute should arise between bidders or any mistake is made the lot may be put up again. The auctioneer is the final arbiter
2. The advance in the bidding will be regulated by the auctioneer who reserves the right to refuse any bidding, or to bid on behalf of the vendor on any lots upon which there is a reserve, or to withdraw, consolidate or divide any lot before or during the sale
3. No lots may be removed until the bidders account is paid in full. The buyer shall not become the owner or any lot and the auctioneer shall have a lien there on until the purchaser’s account is paid, but after the fall of the hammer the risk of damage or loss shall nevertheless be the buyer’s
4. All lots must be paid for and removed by Thursday 5.30pm or Fridays. Purchasers who do not pay and collect by this time WILL BE CHARGED BETWEEN £10 PER ITEM PER DAY!!
5. Payment can be made by cash, Credit/debit card or bank transfer.
6. A buyer’s premium of 15% is charged on the hammer price
8. Postage and packing by arrangement.
9. In the event of loss or damage to items posted it is the purchaser’s responsibility to make any claim from the insurance made on their behalf
10. Any damage caused by removal of goods must be made good by the person committing the same. Principles being considered responsible for the acts of their servants
11. The auctioneer undertakes that care has been taken to see that catalogue descriptions and condition reports are accurate, but these must be taken as matters of opinion only and shall not be taken as statements of fact. Buyers must make their own judgement as to the nature, authenticity or condition of any lot. The auctioneers do not give any warranty as to the title of the lots sold and will not be liable for any defect in such title.
12. Any items remaining unpaid for may be resold and any deficiency made good by the defaulter
If you would like a pre-sale valuation of your items please ring the office to make an appointment to bring them down to the saleroom or send photos to us!
We offer a professional service, we do assessment of house contents following bereavement and written fee based valuation reports.
Please ring Lyndsay Mcgregor for confidential advice on 01253-423700
These conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. All transactions to which these conditions apply and all connected matters shall also be governed by English Law.
Purchase of Motor Vehicles
The Buyer of any motor vehicle is responsible for complying with all legal requirements as to the construction and use of that vehicle and for obtaining all certificates, permits or other authorisations necessary before that vehicle can be used on any road
High Value Purchases
• The Auctioneers reserve the right to request whatever original identification is deemed appropriate, to supplement information provided at the point of registration.
• Cash transactions will not be ordinarily accepted in excess of £10,000.00. Cash transactions in excess of £10,000.00 will only be accepted at our discretion, must be auditable, comply with our policy in respect of ‘High Value Purchases’ and be in full compliance with the Money Laundering Regulations 2003 (details available on request).
• For the avoidance of doubt, the Auctioneers reserve the right to refuse to deal with any customer who does not provide information requested in support of our ‘High Value Purchases’ policy.
Hours of business:
Monday 9.00 am to 3. 30pm
Tuesday 9.00 am to 5.0pm.
Wednesday 9.00am to 6.30pm (viewing day)Thursday 9.00 am to 6.00 pm – ( AUCTION 12.30pm) and For collection and reception of goods etc.
Friday 9.00 am to 4.30 pm – For collection and reception of goods
Thursday After Auction till 5.30PM
Friday 9am till 5pm
There will be a £10 a day charge for all people who do not collect!
A Chargeable Local delivery service is available and items can be shipped both nationally and internationally please contact for quotation.
CHARGES and PAYMENT
All purchases are subject to 15% buyer commission, with a minimum amount payable of 60p, we accept all major Card payments with a surcharge of 3% attached to all Credit Cards, we can also take payment by Cash and Credit Transfer, and details can be found on Invoices which will be emailed immediately on completion of Sale.