ARCHITECTURAL, GARDEN, FURNITURE, CONTEMPORARY AND COLLECTABLES
Viewing, 17th & 18th. Catalogues available week prior to sale. Sale online at EASYLIVE AUCTIONS.
Including paintings, ceramics, glass, works of art, gazebo, entrance gates, garden sculpture, amphora, benches, planters, olive trees, oak refectory table, pine furniture, mahogany bookcase, fire baskets & backs, rugs, mirrors, film posters, carved columns, and stained glass
19th July 2014 from
- GARDEN AND LANDSCAPING ITEMS / ARCHITECTURAL AND RECLAMATION/ FURNITURE AND COLLECTABLES/ PICTURES, CERAMICS, GLASSWARE
(Lots 1 to 402)
Fees apply to the hammer price:
21.6% inc VAT*
Flat Fee Registration
*These fees include buyers premiums and internet surcharges.
18% inc VAT*
Please see the auctioneers terms & conditions for more information
POSTERITY (of Ledbury) AUCTIONS
CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. Care is taken to ensure that any statement as to authorship, attribution, date, age, provenance and condition is reliable and accurate but all such statements are statements of opinion and are not to be taken as statements or representations of fact.
2. The highest bidder shall be the buyer. If any dispute arises the Auctioneer shall have absolute discretion to settle it and to put any disputed Lot up again. Messrs. Posterity act as agents only; they have full discretion to refuse any bidding, to divide any Lot, to combine any two or more Lots and to withdraw any Lot or Lots from the sale without in any case giving any reason.
3. All Lots are put up for sale, subject (a) to any reserve price imposed by the seller or (b) to the right of the seller to bid either personally or any one person (who may be the Auctioneer).
4. Registration before bidding. Prospective buyers must complete and sign a registration form with his or her name and permanent address, and provide identification before bidding. We may require the production of bank details from which payment will be made or other financial references.
5. All Lots are sold as shown, with all faults, imperfections and errors of description. Neither Messrs. Posterity nor the Vendor(s) are responsible for errors of description or for genuineness of authority of any Lot, or for any fault or defect in it. No warranty whatever is given by Messrs. Posterity or any Vendor to any buyer in respect of any Lot.
6. Lots shall be paid for in full immediately after the end of the Sale and all Lots shall be at the buyer’s risk and expense from the fall of the hammer on each Lot. Commission, telephone and Internet purchases should be paid within 48 hrs of sale. Buyers shall remove their purchases as soon as possible after the Sale and Messrs. Posterity shall not be responsible if the same are lost, stolen, damaged, or destroyed and any Lots not taken away shall be at the sole risk of the buyer and subject to a charge of warehousing. If at the expiration of 7 days after the conclusion of the sale Lots are not cleared they may then be sold immediately either publicly or by private treaty, without any notice being given to the buyer.
7. In the event of any failure of the buyers to comply with any of the above Conditions, the damages recoverable from the defaulter shall include any loss arising on any resale of the Lot, together with the charges in respect of both sales, and any money deposited in part payment shall be held by Messrs. Posterity on account of any liability of the defaulter to them.
8. A buyer’s premium of 10% +vat will be added to the hammer price and this will be posted and announced at the time of the sale.
9. Absentee bids and telephone bids will be accepted and an agent of Posterity will make these bids on behalf of the ‘purchaser’.
Posterity can arrange [at cost] for delivery of items within the U.K.
For shipping abroad please contact the Auction Rooms.