THE SUMMER ANTIQUE & DECORATIVE INTERIORS AUCTION
Over 650 lots, including a good selection of Antique Furnishings, many from country house estates in the Nenagh, Counties Tipperary & Offaly areas, such as an
important pair of Console Tables, pair of Italian Mirrors, Collectibles, Wall Décor, Irish Interest Books, Porcelain, Advertising Memorabilia, Clocks etc
Viewings: SATURDAY 24th May, 2pm to 6pm, SUNDAY 25th May, 2pm to 6pm, MONDAY 26th & TUESDAY 26th, 9am to 6.30pm & on the Morning of Sale.
28th May 2014 from
- THE SUMMER ANTIQUE & DECORATIVE INTERIORS AUCTION
(Lots 1 to 667)
1. The highest bidder or to be buyer subject to the absolute discretion of the Auctioneer and if any dispute arises between two or more bidders, the lot so in dispute shall be immediately put up and re-sold. The auctioneer reserves the right to bid on behalf of the vendors should he/she think fit. His/her decision is final in all matters.
2. The buyer shall pay to the Auctioneer a premium of 14% (plus Vat totalling 17%) of the Hammer Price and the Buyer acknowledges that the Auctioneer may also receive commission in accordance with Conditions of Sale from the Seller.
3. The Auctioneers, Victor Mitchell as agent for the Seller, are not responsible for any default by the seller or the Buyer.
4. The Auctioneers shall have the right at its absolute discretion to refuse any bid, to advance the bidding as it may decide to withdraw or divide any Lot, to combine any two or more lots in the case of dispute to put up any Lot for auction again. The Auctioneer shall regulate the bidding and no bid shall be retracted.
5. The Auctioneers shall have the right at its absolute discretion to refuse admission to its premises or attendance at its auction by any person.
6. All items are presumed to have been inspected before the sale and all statements by the Auctioneer are for information purposes only and do not constitute a guarantee.
7. Cataloguing Descriptions: Any representation or statement by the Auctioneers whether in the catalogue or other publication or in a condition report as to the authorship, origin, age, date, attribution, genuineness, provenance, condition or estimated selling price of any Lot is a statement of opinion only. Any illustration in the catalogue are solely for the guidance of prospective buyers and are not to be relied upon in terms of tone or colour or necessarily to reveal imperfections in any lot.
8. In addition, many lots are of an age or nature which precluded their being in pristine condition and some descriptions in the catalogue or given by way of condition report make reference to damage and or restoration such information is given for guidance only and the absence of such reference does not imply that a lot is free from defects nor does any reference to particular defects imply the absence of others.
9. Buyers must satisfy themselves as to all matters referred to in a) or b) above by inspection or otherwise prior to the date of the auction.
10. As far as it is possible, the lots should be taken away and paid for before 8.00 pm on the day of the sale. However, it is also possible to leave a deposit on a purchased item. If a Buyer is unable to collect the purchased item for a period of time after the sale, please notify the Auctioneer and advise when it is likely that the item will be collected. While the Auctioneer will organise storage for the item, he is not responsible for any deterioration in its condition, or loss of the item, during that storage period.
11. If any deficiency shall arise in quantity, or from any cause the Auctioneer shall be unable to deliver any lot or portion of a lot then, in such case, the purchaser shall accept compensation for the same to be make in proportion to the purchase-money of the whole lot; or in the alternative the sale and purchase of that particular lot may be cancelled by either the Auctioneer or purchaser in which case the purchaser shall not be entitled to compensation of any kind.
12. Any item broken or damaged must be paid for in full by the person responsible for the damage. Parents are responsible for the behaviour of their children.
13. All items entered for sale at the owners risk.
14. The Auctioneer or the Vendor do not accept any liability for personal injuries of any description sustained or caused by any reason whatsoever to any person while on the premises or otherwise.
15. Upon the failure of complying with the above conditions, the money deposited in part payment shall be forfeited. All lots unclaimed within the time aforesaid shall be re-sold by public auction or private sale, and the deficiency (if any) attending such re-sale shall be made good by the defaulter at this sale.