CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. BIDDING. The highest accepted bidder to be the PURCHASER. In the case of dispute the lot to be put up again at the last undisputed bidding, or the Auctioneer may declare the purchaser. The bidding to be regulated by the Auctioneer who shall be the sole arbitrator in any dispute. The Auctioneer reserves the right to refuse any bid, to sell the lots in such order as he may think convenient to withdraw any lot, to group together, and to bid on behalf of the Vendor.
3. ADDRESS. Purchasers to give their name and full address.
4. DELIVERY. Each lot is at the Purchaser's risk at the fall of the hammer and must be removed with all faults, defects and errors upon the day immediately following the conclusion of the sale. No lots may be removed by the Purchaser until the whole amount of his bill has been paid and the delivery slip checked by the Porter. No lots will be delivered during the sale.
5. DESCRIPTION. The Auctioneers act as agents only. Each lot as set out in the catalogue, or as divided or joined with any lot or lots at the sale at the sole discretion of the Auctioneers, is sold with all faults, imperfections, any errors of description and neither the Vendor nor the Auctioneers are responsible for the authenticity, period, condition or quality of any lot. All statements in the catalogue as to any such matters are statements of opinion and are not to be taken as or as implying statements or representation of fact. Purchasers are deemed to have satisfied themselves by inspection or otherwise as to all such matters and as to the physical description of any lot. Neither the Vendor nor the Auctioneers make or give, nor has any person in the employment of the Auctioneers any authority to make or give any representation or warranty or for any statement in the catalogue.
6. DAMAGE. Any damage caused during the view and sale, or during the period of removal must be made good by the person causing the damage.
7. REMOVAL. All goods must be cleared from the saleroom by the day immediately following the conclusion of the sale. In the event of any lot not being so removed a charge of ?1 per day per lot including VAT will be made for storage; should any lot not be removed by one week after the sale, the Auctioneers reserve the right to re-sell the same, either by Auction or by private treaty, the defaulter shall be liable for any loss incurred, and for the warehouse or other charges arising.
8. DEFAULT. As the Auctioneer acts as agent only, he disclaims responsibility for any default on the part of either the Vendor or Purchaser. Vendors are not paid until payment is received.
9. TRANSFERS. No lots will transferred and under no circumstances will any lots be delivered to a third person without the Purchaser's written instructions.
10. CHEQUES. The Auctioneer reserves the right to refuse payment by cheque.
11. INTENDING PURCHASERS PLEASE NOTE:
It has become increasingly more difficult to interpret what constitutes repair or damage and we therefore have decided to discontinue the practice of marking lots in the catalogue as repaired, damaged, restored, cracked, chipped, w.a.f or a.f. We emphasise that it is the responsibility of the intending purchaser to fully examine all articles, but especially the china and glass, for prior damage (if any).
12. FORGERIES. Not withstanding these conditions, if the Auctioneer receives notice in writing from the Purchaser within 10 days of the sale that in his view a lot is a forgery and on giving such notification the lot is returned to the Auctioneer in the same condition as at the time of the sale, then if on considering such evidence as the Purchaser supplies to prove his assertion, the Auctioneer decides that the lot is a forgery, the sale of the lot will be rescinded.
13. BUYER' S PREMIUM. The purchaser shall pay to House and Son a premium of 17.5% on the hammer price plus Value Added Tax at the current rate on the premium.
14. We do not accept payment by credit card. Payment by debit card over the telephone up to a limit of £500.00
15. Condition Reports. In respect of most lots, you may ask for a Condition report on its physical condition, together with extra images. House and Son are not entering into a contract with you in respect of the Condition Report and accordingly does not assume responsibility to you in respect of it. Nor do we agree to owe you as a Bidder any obligation or duty in respect of this free report about a lot, which is available for your own inspection or for inspection by an expert instructed by you.
WE will be operating a Click & Collect system for items purchased in this sale. This means that all customers must pay either online or on the telephone prior to their ‘Click & Collect’ collection.
Prior to arrival, you must telephone to book a time. On arrival you will be met by a porter who will bring your items outside but will not be able to help you load – therefore please ensure that you bring help if needed. Please note, clients will not be able to enter the premises when collecting.
Collections will be carried out in order of arrival so there may be a wait and we would ask for your patience in this.
We do not provide a postage and packing service, postage and packing through Postmyparcel - Tel 01202530537, Post It 4 Me - Tel 01258 920180 or Mailbox Ltd - Tel 01202299151 or
All lots must be cleared by the Friday following the sale due to lack of storage.