The Paper Sale, to include Stamps, Postcards, Books, Comics Cigarette Cards & More.
Griffin’s Auctioneers are pleased to announce a new Specialist Paper sale with Stamps, Football Programmes, Cigarette Cards & Postcards featuring over 400 wide-ranging lots for auction. The auction will start at 10.00am on Thursday 19th October at our office here in Warwick and live on Easy Live Auction. With prices to suit all budgets there is something for any collector!
Viewing will be held at our offices (Griffin’s Auctioneers & Valuers, Harris Road, Warwick CV34 5JU) on Tuesday 17th and Wednesday 18th October July between 10am and 4.30pm and from 8.30am on the morning of the sale. Earlier viewing may be possible by appointment.
We offer in house packing for successful purchases (subject to suitability) so please contact us for a quote.
19th October 2023 from
(Lots 1 to 408)
17th October 2023 -
18th October 2023 -
1. A buyer’s premium of 20% plus VAT will be added to the hammer price of all lots.
2. Payment for all purchased lots must be made within 7 days of the sale. After this period the Auctioneer reserves the right to cancel the sale at their sole discretion or to re-offer lots for which payment has not been received in a future sale.
3. Absentee or commission bids: Leave the maximum bid you are prepared to offer for each lot and the auctioneer will purchase the lot on behalf of the commission bidder for the lowest price allowed by other bids and/or reserves up to their maximum bid. It is the responsibility of the bidder to ensure the details of all bids placed are correct. Bids must be left at least 24 ours before the auction takes place unless you have an agreement with the Auctioneer. ‘Buy’ bids will not be accepted by the Auctioneers. It is the bidders responsibility to ensure that all bids sent via email or post have been acknowledged by the Auctioneer. Griffin’s Auctioneers make every effort to ensure all bids left are placed on the auctioneers book, however we cannot accept liability for any failure to receive or place any bids.
4. Live online bidding: Live online bidding and auto-bids made via Easy Live Auctions will incur additional charges. All bids made via easyliveauction.com will incur a surcharge of 3% plus VAT or a one-off fixed pre-payment of £3.00 per auction.
5. Telephone bids: Telephone lines can be booked for lots with a bottom pre-sale estimate of £100, or for multiple lots at the discretion of the Auctioneers. Telephone lines must be booked the day before the sale at the latest and it is the bidders responsibility to ensure it has been acknowledged b the auctioneer. Griffin’s Auctioneers make every effort to ensure all bids are accurate, however we cannot accept liability for any errors made in taking bids by telephone.
6. Room bidders: Room bidders are required to register and obtain a bidding number on arrival. Successful buyers will hold the number aloft and ensure it is your number the auctioneer calls out. If you have any doubt as to the price or buyer please draw this to the auctioneer’s attention immediately. Room bidders may settle their invoices and collect their purchases at any time during the sale.
7. Bidding advances will be regulated by the auctioneer and all bids are accepted solely at the auctioneers discretion. The auctioneer has the right to re-open any lot in the auction, even if the hammer has come down. Griffin’s Auctioneers are not responsible for any problems or errors with any bidding platform software used in the room or at the bidders location. The auctioneer reserves the right to bid on behalf of clients, but shall not be liable for any omissions or errors in executing instructions to bid. The auctioneer acts solely as an agent and shall not be liable for any default by the purchaser or vendor.
8. If two identical bids are left on the same lot, the bid received first will take preference.
9. Condition stated of any lot in auction descriptions, and in reply to pre-sale enquiries, regarding authenticity, condition, age, size and value are a guide only. These are statements of opinion only, and not a fact. It is advised that interested bidders should view items in person. Griffin’s Auctioneers are not liable for any errors or omissions contained therein.
10. The absence of any description of damage, defects or restoration in any description or condition report does not imply that there are none. It is the bidders responsibility to satisfy themselves of a lots condition prior to bidding.
11. Any weights or measurements provided are only approximate.
12. The Artists Resale Rights (A.R.R.) or Droit de Suite: A.R.R. may apply to some lots and is payable to a living artist or to his o her estate in accordance with European directive 2001/84/EC. The buyer must pay an additional 4% on the sale price for works of art selling for between €1,000 and €50,000 (Euro’s). Lesser percentages apply in higher brackets. No additional costs or handling fees are retained by the Auctioneers.
13. Paintings and drawings: Any statement as to authorship, attribution, origin, date, provenance or condition is not to be taken as a statement of fact, but as an opinion.
14. If you are successful in an auction with a commission, telephone or internet bid an invoice will usually be sent within 48 hours of the auction taking place. All invoices must be paid within seven days, unless another arrangement has been made with the Auctioneers.
15. Payment methods: Griffin’s Auctioneers accept payment by bank transfer, debit cards, credit cards (up to £500 only), cheque’s and cash (up to £8,000 only owing to money laundering regulations). Payments from overseas must cover any banking charges. Bank details can be found on our BUYING AT AUCTION page or on invoices sent after the sale.
16. Griffin’s Auctioneers offer an in-house postal service and can provide shipping quotes on request. For larger items such as furniture a third party courier or specialist shipping service may be required.
17. All requests for shipping will be dealt with on a first come first served basis.
18. Griffin’s Auctioneers are not liable for any items lost or damage caused when items are in transit with a courier or postal firm.
19. Griffin’s Auctioneers will declare the full value of any lot or lot sent to international buyers. We are not responsible for any import or customs charges of the country of destination. The buyer is responsible for ensuring they can legally import any item purchased into their country. We recommend obtaining independent advice if you are unsure on any import issue.
20. Collection: All collections must be made by appointment if not on the day of the sale.