Items are invited for all our monthly general sales, items include pottery, furniture, jewellery, clocks & watches, brass & copper, glassware, new and antique furniture and general collectables and items of interest.
Sales Terms and conditions
1.Selling Commission –15% of the hammer price
2.There is a strict £3 charge per lot for selling to cover intake and photography costs for each lot (this is non refundable and non negotiable)
3.Buyers Premium ----There will be minimum charge of £1.75 added to every hammer price up to £20.00 and then the buyer’s premium will be set at 15% + V.A.T at 3% (totalling at 18% of hammer price)
4.Withdrawn Lots------Should vendors withdraw lots from the auction after they have been entered into the catalogue Altona Auctions may at their absolute discretion charge up to 15% of the estimated auction price.
5. The highest bidder shall be the Purchaser, and any dispute arising either before or after the sale, shall be determine by the Auctioneer.
6. Purchasers shall give their bidding number after the sale of each lot, and shall arrange for the removal of same at their own expense, of the lots so purchased on the delivery day stated, without causing damage to either the premises or other lots. Any lots not so removed may be resold by the Auctioneer, and deposits forfeited.
7. The goods remain on the premises at the Purchasers risk from the fall of the hammer, and shall be taken with all imperfections, damage or errors of description. Purchasers are deemed to have thoroughly inspected each lot prior to the sale and the Auctioneer does not give any warranty or guarantee whatsoever.
8. The purchase money together with 15% Auctioneers fees shall be payable immediately after the auction. No lots will be delivered to the Purchaser until he/she has made payment in full. All items paid for must be removed by Tuesday following the sale or will be at risk of being resold unreserved in the next sale.
9. Payments can be made in cash or by Direct Bank Transfer.
10. Altona Auctions disclaims all responsibility for default by either the Purchaser or the Vendor because he acts as the agent for the Vendor only and therefore does not pay out to the Vendor until payment is received from the Purchaser.
11. All prospective buyers by making a bid for any of the lots advertised in the catalogue acknowledge that their attention has been drawn to these conditions of sale and that they are bound by them.
12. The Auctioneer may refuse to take any bid without giving any reason.
13. All electrical goods over £30 hammer price are sold with a guarantee, you must return same by 9am on the Tuesday following the Auction if faulty.
Transport of Larger Items
1. We can provide a delivery service within our region (Northern Ireland) of items bought from the showroom charges vary contact a member of staff for further information on this service all deliveries will be requested to be paid in full up front
1. Due to a vast increase in absentee bidding we are having to do more condition reports, We have a large amount lots passing through each of our weekly sales making it very difficult and time consuming to examine ever single item. Items that we have been asked to give condition reports on are only given a visual inspection, that means in the case of say ceramics, we visually check for any obvious damage or repair. We DO NOT use any other inspection devises apart from when asked for hallmarks where we use a magnifying glass if needed. Buyers must be aware that a sale by auction is still basically a trade sale and to be sure they should really attend the sale and inspect the items themselves.
Terms and Conditions of Sale
NO WARRANTIES. Every item and lot in the "Auction" (as that term is defined in the attached Bidder Registration Card) is sold: (a) AS IS, WHERE IS, WITH ALL FAULTS BASIS AND WITHOUT RECOURSE", and (b) with no warranties, guarantees or representation of any kind or variety, whether expressed, written, implied or otherwise.
Terms of Payment: Full payment by card, cash, or bank transfer is due immediately upon completion of the auction. Payment: Credit Card ,Debit Card (No Charge) Cash (No Charge) And Bank Transfer (No Charge)
PLEASE NOTE CHEQUES OF ANY DESCRIPTION OF NO LONGER ACCEPTED
NO WARRANTIES. Every item and lot in the "Auction" (as that term is defined in the attached Bidder Registration Card) is sold: (a) AS IS, WHERE IS, WITH ALL FAULTS BASIS AND WITHOUT RECOURSE", and (b) with no warranties, guarantees or representation of any kind or variety, whether expressed, written, implied or otherwise. ADDITION TO OR
WITHDRAWAL FROM SALE. The Auctioneer reserves the right: (a) to withdraw from sale any item or items; (b) to sell at Auction any item or items not listed; (c) to group one or more items or lots into one or more selling lots; (d) to subdivide any lots into two or more selling lots; and (e) to sell all of items listed in bulk..