1. In these conditions Richard Winterton Auctioneers Ltd act only as auctioneers and agents and the representatives of Richard Winterton Auctioneers Ltd conducting the sale is called “Auctioneer”.
2. For all purposes of sale the Auctioneer shall be deemed to be the agents of both the vendor and purchaser and may in the case of lots upon which there is a reserve price exercise the right to bid on behalf of the vendor. As agent the Auctioneer cannot be responsible for any default by either the vendor or purchaser.
3. The Auctioneer will not be responsible for the correctness of the description, measurement, weight, date, age, genuineness, authenticity, condition or faults of any item, they are believed to be correct but are made as an expression of opinion only, and the lots are sold subject to all faults and errors in description.
4. The Auctioneer will be pleased to execute bids free of charge for anyone unable to attend the sale on receipt of written instructions. Bids by telephone are accepted only at the sender’s risk and should be confirmed by letter or fax.
5. The highest bidder is in due time to be the purchaser, and no persons shall retract a bid. The advance on each lot to be determined by the Auctioneer, who reserves the right of refusing any bids and of altering, adding to, dividing, consolidating or withdrawing any lot or lots at the sale or bidding on behalf of the vendor for all goods which are being offered subject to reserve at Auctioneers discretion. Should any dispute or difficulty arise between two or more bidders, the Auctioneer has absolute discretion to settle it or re-offer the lot.
6. Charges for Vendors are per lot and are as follows: – From £6 per lot and 20% thereafter per lot plus VAT
7. Insurance: – All goods will be held insured against the risks of fire, burglary and water damage, for which Richard Winterton Auctioneers Ltd will charge a premium of 1% subject to the Value Added Tax. The value of the goods so covered shall be the gross amount realised, or in the case of unsold lots the best bid, or in the case of withdrawn lots prior to a sale that which the specialised staff of Richard Winterton Auctioneers Ltd shall in their absolute discretion, estimate to be the auction value of the goods.
8. Vendors will be charged for goods left on the premises if the vendor has been requested to remove them and if the goods are not removed within fourteen days of such request. Richard Winterton Auctioneers Ltd reserve the right to sell the goods to defray costs and storage charges.
9. Richard Winterton Auctioneers Ltd reserve the right to store or arrange the storage of goods delivered to them for sale either on their own premises or elsewhere at their sole discretion. They exempt themselves from any liability for loss or damage to goods delivered without sufficient sale instructions.
10. Richard Winterton Auctioneers Ltd declaim all responsibility for loss or damage of goods or for unauthorised removal of goods unless caused by negligence of their employees.
11. All goods are put up for sale without reserve unless written instructions as to reserve are received by Richard Winterton Auctioneers Ltd prior to the commencement of the sale.
12. The vendor will duly indemnify Richard Winterton Auctioneers Ltd in connection with any goods sold on the vendors behalf.
13. The purchaser shall pay the hammer price together with the buyers premium of 22% + VAT.
14. All lots to be at the sole risk and charge of the purchaser from the fall of the hammer, and such lots to be taken away with all faults, defects and errors in descriptions without any power of dispute, at the risk and expense of the purchaser. No purchaser shall be entitled to remove any lot until payment has been received in full for the lots purchased.
15. Settlement is normally 4-6 weeks post auction less charges, provided we have been paid by the purchaser. VAT is applicable on all services.
16. All categorised lots withdrawn prior to auction will incur a £25 per lot fee or 7.5% of our value, whichever is greater.
17. Expenses: – You agree to pay all costs relating to (1) packing and shipping the lots to the saleroom or returned.
Richard Winterton Fine Art Auctioneers offer an online bidding service for bidders who cannot attend the sale.
In completing the bidder registration on www.easyLiveAuction.com and providing your credit card details and unless alternative arrangements are agreed with Richard Winterton Fine Art Auctioneers: We accept payment via debit card or bank-to-bank transfer, for which details can be found at the bottom of the copy invoice which will be sent via email after the sale. Payments can be made over the phone or upon collection by credit card (only on invoices under £200)
1. authorise Richard Winterton Fine Art Auctioneers, if they so wish, to charge the card given in part or full payment, including all fees, for items successfully purchased in the auction via easyLiveAuction.com, and 2. confirm that you are authorised to provide these credit card details to Richard Winterton Fine Art Auctioneers through www.easyliveauction.com and agree that Richard Winterton Fine Art Auctioneers are entitled to ship the goods to the card holder name and card holder address provided in fulfilment of the sale. Please note that any lots purchased via easyLiveAuction.com live auction service will be subject to an additional 3% commission charge + VAT at the rate imposed on the hammer price (S.D/A.F) We have identified that the Lot in question has some damage/faults, (s.d/a.f). This is for guidance only and does not constitute that a Lot is free of damage/faults where no mention is made
(RESTORATIONS) We have identified that the Lot in question in our opinion has some restoration, whether in full or part. This is for guidance only and does not constitute that a Lot is free of restoration where no mention is made
FINE ART (PICTURES, PRINTS & WORKS OF ART) Any statement as to authorship, attribution, origin, date, age, provenance and condition is a statement of our opinion and is not to be taken as a statement of fact. Please read carefully the Terms of Business printed in this catalogue and available upon request.
LOWRY, LAURENCE STEPHEN (1887-1976): In our opinion a work by the artist
ATTRIBUTED TO LOWRY, LAURENCE STEPHEN (1887-1976): In our opinion a work by the artists but less certainty as to authorship is expressed than in the above category.
CIRCLE/MANNER/FOLLOWER OF LOWRY, LAURENCE STEPHEN: In our opinion a work by an unidentified hand associated with the artists but not necessarily a pupil or of the period of the artist
All dimensions are given in centimetres, height before width and are approximate. Pictures are unframed unless otherwise stated.
Artists Resale Rights may apply to certain Lots (living and deceased artists within 70 years) that fetch over 1,000 Euros hammer price. In which case a 4% surcharge is payable by the purchaser in addition to the hammer price and buyers’ premium (and if applicable, live bidding fees).
WEIGHTS & MEASUREMENTS All weights and measurements quoted in this catalogue are to be regarded as approximate.
CLOCKS & WATCHES All clocks and watches are sold as seen and have not been tested for operation. We therefore advise servicing by a suitably qualified horologist. There are no keys, weights or pendulums unless stated in the Lot description
Shipping: We do provide postage and packaging services within the UK for items such as silver, jewellery etc to which would be sent via Special Delivery upto the insured maximum price £2,500. For larger items please contact us to arrange a quote (01543) 251081.
Richard Wintertons Auctioneers will not be held responsible for making any claim for damage or loss.
Local deliveries within a 15 mile radius - or for National UK delivery please contact to arrange a quote.