Fine Art, Antique & Collectables Sale - ONLINE ONLY
The Portcullis Auction Room
Auction - Thursday 17th September 2020 at 12pm
ONLINE AUCTION ONLY
Following on from our last Auction in August, we have made further changes to our September Auction to continue to ensure the safety of our customers and staff.
Please note – this Auction will be ONLINE ONLY, we will not be open for bidders in the room on the day of the sale
To keep everyone safe and to continue to follow government regulations, we now require any customer who enters our premises to wear a face covering and to also wear gloves, at all times when inside the building. Social distancing measures are still in place in line with the Government guidelines and we will be limiting the number of customers in the Saleroom at any one time.
Please read the following carefully to help us to ensure we can continue our Auctions safely:
Viewing (Amended times)
Viewing dates for the September sale are strictly as follows:
Tuesday 15th September: 2.00pm – 5.00pm
Wednesday 16th September: 9.00am – 5.30pm
Please note that there will be no viewing on the morning of the sale
We now require all customers to wear face coverings at all times whilst in the building and gloves whilst viewing or handling any Lots.
CHANGE TO VIEWING PROCESS
Viewing will take place from the front door of the Saleroom unlike our last two Auctions, with a one way system in place leading into the Saleroom. Please ensure that you follow any instructions from staff, as well as reading and adhering to signage on the walls and the floor. Gloves will be provided at the entrance, face coverings will not be provided. If we have large numbers viewing, there may be a delay in you entering the Saleroom, so please be prepared for this.
Registration for this Auction will be required for all customers, regardless of whether you have an account with The Portcullis Auction Room or not.
You will not be able to enter the saleroom unless you have completed a registration form with your name and contact details.
The Portcullis office will be CLOSED on the Auction day and we will not be able to process invoices or have any buyers or vendors on the premises. Collections will take place from 9.30am – 4.30pm on the following days:
Friday 18th September
Monday 21st September – PORTCULLIS CLOSED
Tuesday 22nd September
Wednesday 23rd September
Thursday 24th September
Friday 25th September – PORTCULLIS CLOSED
If you wish to leave Commission Bids, the forms will be available outside the Portcullis office. Completed forms should be placed face down in the tray at the office for processing.
PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE PORTCULLIS OFFICE – IT IS FOR STAFF ONLY
Collections from the Auction
Once payment has been made we require all customers to go out of the main doors and take their cars to the rear entrance of the saleroom with their paperwork for collection.
You will not be permitted to enter the saleroom. You will need to hand over your paperwork to the staff member and wait outside for the Lots to be brought to you.
If you are collecting very large items, we would ask that you and one other person go in to the Saleroom when instructed by staff to collect the Lots(s).
Finally, we would ask you to:
Please follow Government advice to limit your contact with other people
Wash your hands regularly using soap and water in the facilities provided
The Auction is available online with audio on
easyLiveAuction.com & the-saleroom.com
We would encourage as many people as possible to utilise this service at this time.
Please note: Live online bidding by using easyliveAuction.com will incur an extra 3% +VAT (Unless selecting the £3 Flat Fee registration option, in which case the 3% Internet surcharge shall not be applied).
BIDDING CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. The highest price bidder shall be the purchaser subject to the vendor’s reserve (if any) and to the right of the Auctioneer to refuse any bid he may think improper. In the event of any dispute as to the last or best bid the decision of the Auctioneer shall be final. All lots are offered for sale subject to
(a) any reserve price imposed by the vendor and
(b) the right of the vendor to bid personally or through a third party
2. Once a bid is made it cannot be retracted and the bidding shall be regulated by the Auctioneer.
3. The purchaser shall pay the hammer price together with a Buyers premium of 17% PLUS VAT on each Lot purchased. In making a bid the purchaser assents of McCartneys LLP receiving and retaining the premium.
4. All lots are sold as seen and the risk shall pass to the purchaser on the fall of the hammer but no lot may be removed from the premises without a pass from the clerk.
5. Each Purchaser shall be expected to have pre-registered with McCartneys LLP having given McCartneys LLP his/her name and address and if required, pay for the purchase thereof when or otherwise upon conclusion of the sale. Any delayed terms of payment must be agreed with McCartneys LLP in advance.
6. All lots must be cleared forthwith and in any event by the Wednesday following the sale. Any lots which are not cleared in accordance with this condition shall be subject to a storage charge of £5 per day per lot plus VAT and in the event of the purchaser failing to remove any lot upon written notice thereafter the same may be re-sold under the provision on paragraph 8.
7. Under no circumstances will set-offs or reductions be allowed and removal of lots will not be permitted until paid for in cash or cheque with bankers reference. Purchasers placing successful commission bids will be sent accounts which are payable by return (regardless of when the lot is collected) and interest at 15% per annum will be charged on all accounts outstanding 14 days or more after the sale.
8. If a purchaser fails to comply with these conditions McCartneys LLP shall be at liberty to re-sell any lot either by public auction of private treaty and the deficiency (if any) together with all expenses attending such re-sell shall be made good by the purchaser who is in default and who shall have no claim upon McCartneys for any surplus which arises from such re-sale.
9. McCartneys LLP act as agents and all statements made either written or oral on matter of authenticity, origin, age, condition, quality etc. are statement of McCartneys LLP’s considered opinion and not representations of fact. Intending purchasers must satisfy themselves, by inspection before the sale, as to all such matters.
10. A comprehensive list of our terms of business are available on request.
11. Please note: Live online bidding by using easyliveAuction.com will incur an Internet Surcharge Fee of 3% +VAT (Unless selecting the £3 Flat Fee registration option, in which case the 3% Internet surcharge shall not be applied).