Antique, Retro & Household Furniture, Silver & Jewellery, Victoriana & Bric-A-Brac, Paintings & Prints. 10th June Lots 1 - 347. 11th June Lots 422 - 662...
ONLINE AND COMMISSION BIDDING ONLY - VIEWING AVAILABLE PRIOR TO THE AUCTION. PLEASE CONTACT THE AUCTIONEERS ON 01430432211 FOR A VIEWING SLOT
PLEASE CONTACT AUCTIONEER FOR ANY FURTHER INFORMATION.
AUCTIONEERS NOTE This sale offers very interesting selection of items throughout.
Collections please from Monday 14th June and to be completed by Friday 18th June. Please ring 01430 432211 to arrange a collection appointment.
10th June 2021 from
- Ceramics, Collectables, Jewellery, Silver, Victoriana, Painting and Prints & Bric-A-Brac
(Lots 1 to 348)
11th June 2021 from
- Antique, Retro & Household Furniture & Effects, Victoriana & Bric-A-Brac, and a Large Selection of Miscellaneous Boxes
(Lots 421 to 662)
8th June 2021 -
9th June 2021 -
Fees apply to the hammer price:
21.6% inc VAT*
Flat Fee Registration
18% inc VAT*
*These fees include buyers premiums and internet surcharges.
Please see the auctioneers terms & conditions for more information
Please note that any lots purchased via easyliveauction.com live auction service will be subject to an additional 3% commission charge + VAT at the rate imposed on the hammer price or no commission for the internet bidding if the ‘Flat Fee’ has been chosen at registration.
Because of COVID-19, our auctions are to be held online and you will not able to attend in person.
Viewing of the items will be available on advertised days by appointment prior to the auction and at this time, we would be happy to accept commission bids from buyers for us to bid on your behalf.
The following Conditions of Sale will apply.
1. The Highest Bidder to be the purchaser, subject to the reservation that the Auctioneer shall have the right of regulating the biddings, of REJECTING ANY BID or determining in his absolute discretion all disputes regarding the biddings or any other matters arising under these conditions, and also biddings for WITHDRAWING, CONSOLIDATION, DIVIDING OR ALTERING THE ORDER OF THE LOTS.
2. If any DISPUTE arises, between two or more bidders, the lot in dispute to be immediately put up again and resold, the bidding to be regulated by the Auctioneer.
3. Each lot must be taken with all mis-descriptions, faults, errors and imperfections of every description if any; to be taken at the purchaser’s own risk at the fall of the hammer, at which time the purchaser must give his or her name and address and if required pay down the whole amount of his or her purchase money. No CONTRA ACCOUNT of any description whatsoever will be allowed as a set off, and payment of lots is to be made to the Auctioneer or his Clerk only and purchasers paying by CHEQUE, AND NOT KNOWN TO US, MUST GIVE SATISFACTORY REFERENCES.
4. In case the quantity of any lot sold by number or otherwise be disputed, no allowance will be made on the same, unless the Auctioneer is communicated with before removal.
5. NO LOT TO BE REMOVED PREVIOUS TO BEING PAID FOR, each purchaser to pay the amount of his account for all the Lots purchased by him before any lot or lots can be removed, and the amount due from such purchaser must be absolutely paid before goods are delivered.
6. All monies paid are held in a Clients Account with HSBC, Wesley Square, Goole, Account Number 63663752, Sort Code 40-22-13. Any interest realised will be retained by Townend Clegg & Co.
7. For all purposes of this sale THE AUCTIONEER SHALL BE DEEMED TO BE THE AGENT OF BOTH VENDOR AND PURCHASER.
8. NO PERSON SHALL BE ALLOWED TO RETRACT THEIR BIDDING. The Auctioneer will NOT RECOGNISE THE TRANSFER of any lot from one purchaser to another, nor make any alteration in the sale book in respect thereof, nor will he be responsible for any loss occasioned by FIRE, ACCIDENT, THEFT OR OTHERWISE.
9. The Auctioneer acts only as Agent and has no personal knowledge as to the correctness or otherwise of the description of the lots to be sold and gives no personal warranty whatsoever and NO GUARANTEE WILL BE GIVEN AS TO THE CORRECTNESS.
10. Each and every lot immediately after the fall of the Auctioneer’s Hammer shall be at the sole risk and expense of the respective purchasers and shall be paid for and removed as soon as practicable after the conclusion of the sale, but no lot or lots shall become the property of the purchaser, nor removable until paid for, and if taken away in contravention of these conditions without any order for removal signed by the Auctioneer, the Auctioneer shall have power to seize same by his servants or agents or otherwise, or he may recover the lots sold or the price thereof (at his option) by action at law.
11. All lots are to be taken away with all faults, imperfections or errors of description (if any) at the purchaser’s expense and risk, the Auctioneer nor being responsible for faults, nor for the correct description of any lot, and the Auctioneer does not guarantee the originality of any lot in the catalogue. No allowance shall be made for error in description, and all lots shall be deemed to be at the purchaser’s risk from the time of sale.
12. The Auctioneer reserves the right to reject any third party cheque offered in payment of lots, and only accepts third party cheques on the condition that if they are not cleared by the respective Bank, that the purchase money and costs shall be recoverable from the purchaser.
13. If any purchaser neglects or refuses to comply with the above Conditions or any of them, the lot or lots may at the option of the Auctioneer be re-sold either by Public or Private Sale, without notice to the defaulting purchaser and the deficiency, if any occasioned by such second sale, together with all COSTS, CHARGES AND EXPENSES attending the same shall be made good by the defaulter at this present sale and will be recoverable as for liquidation damages, but any excess in price will belong to the Auctioneers. It shall not be necessary to give the defaulting purchaser or purchasers at this sale any notice of such re-sale.
14. The vendor or his agent shall be allowed bids during the sale.
15. If VAT is applicable, items will be sold exclusive of VAT, ie the sale price will be subject to an additional charge for VAT at the appropriate rate. Notification of items subject to a charge for VAT will be given out prior to being sold.
We have made arrangements with Inxpress of Driffield. They can be contacted by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01377 252156, and they will be pleased to give you a quote. We charge a reasonable fee to take items to their office in Driffield based on size and amount of items.