We have been favoured with instructions from the O'Shaughnessy family to sell the contents of Dripsey Castle, Co. Cork. This sale was originally planned for summer 2014 but owing to protracted sale of the property and the passing of time we have removed the contents to our Auction rooms in Sixmilebridge.
Saturday 11am - 5pm
Sunday 2pm - 5pm
Monday 11am - 8pm (SHARP)
Tuesday 9am - to start of sale at 10.00am
28th April 2015 from
- The Dripsey Castle Sale
(Lots 1 to 1255)
1. Aidan Foley (hereinafter called the Auctioneer) shall have the right to refuse admission to its premises for attendance at its auction by any person.
2. The highest bidder acceptable to the Auctioneer shall be the Buyer, but if, during or immediately after the sale of the lot, the Auctioneer considers that a dispute has arisen or that there is any other reason for so doing, he may at his discretion immediately put up the lot for sale again.
3. The Auctioneer has the right at his absolute discretion to refuse any bid and to advance the bidding as he may decide.
4. (a) The Seller shall be entitled to place a reserve on any lot, and the Auctioneer shall have the right to bid on behalf of the Seller for any lot on which a reserve has been placed. (b) The Auctioneer has the right at his absolute discretion to withdraw or divide any lot or to combine any two or more lots.
5. The Buyer may be required to pay forthwith the whole or any part of the purchase price, and if he/she fails to do so the lot or lots may be at the Auctioneer’s absolute discretion be put up again and resold. (a) Neither the Seller nor the Auctioneer are responsible for the correctness of any statement as to the authorship, origin, date, age, attribution, genuineness or provenance of any lot, or any other errors of description. (b) Neither the Seller nor the Auctioneer are responsible for any faults or defects in any lot.
7. (a) No lot can be taken away during the auction, nor can any lot be taken away until the purchase price has been paid in full. (b) All lots are to be paid and taken away at the Buyer’s expense immediately after the sale.
8. If a Buyer fails to either to pay for or take away any lot in accordance with Condition 7, the Auctioneer shall be entitled at their absolute discretion and without prejudice to any other right or remedies to exercise one or more of the following rights:
(a) To issue proceedings against the Buyer to recover the full amount due, together with the costs of such proceedings. (b) Without notice to the Buyer to resell the lot or cause it to be resold by public or private sale. Any deficiency in the purchase price attending such resale (after giving credit for any payment and after deducting full costs incurred in connection with the lot) to be made good by the defaulting Buyer, and any surplus to the Seller. (c) To store the lot or cause it to be stored whether at their own premises or elsewhere at the sole expense of the Buyer, and to release the lot only after payment in full of the purchase price, the accrued cost of removal, storage and insurance (if any) and all other costs incurred in connection with the lot. (d)A storage charge of €5 per lot per day will apply to lots not collected within TEN DAYS of the Sale. (e) To reject at any future Auction any bids made by the Buyer or on his behalf Condition 8 also applies to Post Auction Sales
9. The property in a lot shall not pass to the Buyer until he/she has paid the purchase price in full, but the lot shall be at the Buyer’s risk in all respects from the fall of the hammer. The Auctioneer shall be entitled to a lien on any lot sold until the purchase price is paid in full by the Buyer.
10. We will be pleased to execute bids on behalf of intending buyers. Lots will be purchased as cheaply as permitted by other bids and reserves. Bids must be submitted before the sale commences, and should be entered on the forms provided. Neither the Auctioneer nor his employees shall be liable for any neglect or default in executing such bids.
11. Purchasers of electrical or mechanical items are advised to have the items checked by a qualified electrician or mechanic before using them. The Auctioneer shall not be liable for injury caused by or arising from the use of such goods.
12. Purchasers Fees 20% / €5 minimum 13. Payment by Cash or Personal Debit Cards. We are unable to process Credit Cards/MasterCards or Business Debit Card.
Aidan Foley Auctions Should you have an interest in entering an item/ contents in our next auction, give Aidan a call on 086 8290680. We can assess on a no-obligation basis. We offer a Personal, Confidential, Professional and discreet service made to order. Our valuation fees are discussed and agreed in advance. Valuations for Probate, Insurance Purposes and Valuations for family Division.
Registration All purchasers must register before the sale when they will be issued with a Paddle Number for use during the sale.
Bidding Bids may be left at the office for which forms are provided. All bids are treated in the strictest confidence. Telephone Bids may be booked (first come, first served) on lots with guides over €100. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE WILL ENDEAVOUR TO CALL ALL PHONE BIDDERS HOWEVER WE WOULD RECOMMEND THAT YOU LEAVE A WRITTEN BID IN CASE WE CANNOT GET THROUGH TO YOU.
Online Bidding You may register online through www.easyliveauction.com and there you will be brought through the online bidding process and charges.
Catalogue Any queries can be directed to Aidan during the viewing times. Catalogue descriptions are intended to provide a general description of the lot to help prospective buyers but do not always include details of damage or condition of lots. Buyers are advised to view each lot before the sale.
Deliveries Contact the office for Numbers of Couriers in the area. We provide these numbers for information purposes only. The Auction Rooms and Aidan Foley are not party to any arrangements made and therefore will not be held responsible for any damages or accidents.
PLEASE NOTE All Items Sold as seen - No Warranty on any items. All Electrical Items are sold as parts and should be certified by a Qualified Electrician before use. All Measurements in the Catalogue are approximate Customers should bring packing material for the transport of purchases Auctioneer Fees are 20% on the hammer price/ €5 minimum Payment Cash / Cheque / Personal Debit Card Items to be paid for and removed before on or before Thursday
PLEASE MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO COLLECT YOUR PURCHASES DURING OUR COLLECTION TIMES.
DURING & IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE SALE WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY FROM 10AM - 5PM
NO RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER WILL BE TAKEN WILL BE TAKEN BY THE AUCTIONEER FOR ITEMS PAID FOR AND NOT COLLECTED.