Terms and Conditions of Sale.
1. The highest bidder shall be the purchaser. If any dispute should arise between two or more bidders, the lot(s) in question will be offered again and resold, or the auctioneer may declare the purchaser. In all cases the auctioneer’s decision is final.
2. No purchase can be made without the purchaser buying a catalogue, giving their name, address and phone number, completing a Covid 19 tracker form, and obtaining a bidding number. No bids will be considered whatsoever without a bidding number.
3. All lots purchased either on site or online, shall be removed at the purchasers expense at the close of the sale, or at a time thereafter arranged with the vendor.
4. Purchasers, at this sale not complying with the above conditions, will be subject without further notice to have their lot(s) resold, whether by public auction or private treaty. Any loss incurred shall be made good by the defaulters at this present sale.
5. All items are sold as they stand and the purchaser is deemed to have examined each lot and fully satisfied himself/herself about the lot prior to the sale and purchasing same.
6. The auctioneers and vendors have described each lot to the best of their ability and knowledge and any implied or express opinions, warranty or representation, statutory or otherwise howsoever, whether to the capabilities or quality of the lot(s) or otherwise is excluded.
7. All lots are on the market from the first bid- when the auctioneers hammer falls the vendor may refuse or accept the final bid. No further bids are allowed at this point. On the fall of the auctioneers hammer, all purchases will be liable to 20% auctioneer’s commission plus Vat.
8. All ownership of lots regardless of purchasing online or ringside take place when full payment is transferred to O'Neill/Flanagan auctioneers. From the fall of the auctioneers hammer, all bids taken online or ringside are final. Lots purchased online must be paid for within 30 minutes of purchase.
9. All items purchased at auction must be paid for by card only, be it Visa card, credit card or debit card. Cheque payments will not be accepted
10. All patrons attending viewing days and auction day, are asked to respect the vendors property and goods at all times, and any lots damaged or broken will have to be paid for in full immediately. Please do not discard rubbish or litter on the property.
11. From the time you enter the property, all activities will monitored on CCTV, and if you are deemed to be causing obstruction or interference in any way you may be asked to leave.
12. No children allowed on viewing days, or auction day.
13. Strict Covid 19 rules will apply at all times, and you are asked to wear a mask, disinfect your hands, and use social distancing where possible, and you are asked to follow the signs laid out for your protection and the protection of others at all times.
14. We offer an online bidding service via easyliveauction.com for bidders who cannot attend the sale. Please note that any lots purchased via easyliveauction.com live auction service will be subject to an additional 3% commission charge + VAT at the rate imposed on the hammer price.
Postage & Packaging
It is the responsibility of the buyers to arrange packaging, collection or postage of any lots purchased within 3 working days of the sale. The auctioneers accept no responsibility for any packaging carried out by any member of their staff or on their premises by a third party. Appropriate insurance is recommended to be taken out by the purchaser, the auctioneer accepts no liability for any damages caused during the postal process.
1. Packaging can be provided at a cost of €5 per lot for small jiffy bag packages i.e. jewellery, or from €10 for larger items i.e. vases, silver ware, etc.
2. The buyer must specify which method of postage/collection/delivery they require, i.e. Courier Collection, An Post First Class, Special Delivery and the associated charges will apply in addition to the above costs.